SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sixth Round Draw

philipl

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad with the draw. The game i wanted us to get.

We should beat both Burnely and Leicester and then hopefully get the easiest team left in the semis.

If we can make it to the final (Fingers crossed), we could have a cracking game. All Man U, Newcastle and Bolton would be cracking games for us.

We ve got Leicester at Ewood

WE HAVE GOT BURNLEY AT HOME.......DONT LOOK ANY FURTHER

YET!!!

Best advice there is. We are not yet IN the next round. Simply in the hat for the draw. the down side is this will help inspire the clarrots only a home tie against a team they consider beatable and the chance to pencil in their names for the next round.

if the clarets knew they could be playing man u / arsenal/ or newcastle at home that would fire them up too

or

if they were playing leicester/ southampton/ etc etc at home they would blieve they could beat them, and that would fire them up too

it works both ways

Don't you think the Clarets will be fired up by playing at Ewood full stop?

There is some pretty dumb stuff being posted on here.

...and Leicester will be mighty fired up playing at either Ewood or the Bumley bog.

However, as the Prem side, we should have sufficient class. If we are motivated and organised as much as they are, we will be too good for Burnley and Leicester. That is certainly true of the defence now that Hughes has it organised, the midfield should be more than OK, but it is a tragedy that our best probable cup run in 45 years is coinciding with the Rovers having one of the weakest forward lines the club has seen in my 40+ years of following them. At this stage, I'd delightedly swap the five front players we've got now for e.g. Simon Garner and Andy Kennedy of seventeen years ago.

The lack of fire power is what is going to cost us our chance of silverware this year.

How's our penalty shoot out record? ohmy.gif

Premature I know but good chance of Rovers v Bolton semi-final at Old Trafford? How good would that be!!

Can see Bolton beating either Arsenal or Sheff Utd in the next round and obviously we are the favourites to get through as well.

We've been lucky in the draw so far like we were with the League Cup in 2002 so maybe this is our year. Unfortunately we dont have Cole, Jansen, Dunn and Duff to provide the firepower this time so hard graft, effort and a solid defence are our only weapons.

Can't see past United to win the whole thing at a canter though given the way they are playing!

Its a funny old game.....

We do not really deserve to get such an easy route to the semis but we cannot look a gift horse in the mouth. Our defence is meaner then my gran and in the likes of Savage, Pedersen and Dickov we should have sufficient tenacity and a tiny bit of quality to be favourites against both Burnley and Leicester (should we get there).

Getting to the semis would be great but that is as far as we can possibly get unless somebody finds their shooting boots. We were woeful up front against Burnley.

It is unfortunate in its own way that our team which is so inferior to the 2002-2003 vintage should be so blessed. A draw like that handed out to the likes of Duff, Berg, a top form tugay, Dunn and Cole and we would be laughing.

Oh well, all ifs and buts.

keep your dreams in your pockets and dont count any chickens !

bumley first then its Leicester.

look no further than the home leg cause as we know Rovers can really cock things up.

A side issue, I wonder if notlob fancy their chances against the arse or sheff u and I wonder if Arsene Whinger will put out a first 11 for the away leg ?

Any how in the Wedge when newcastle broon knocked out the money men I was chuffed and hoped beyond hopes that we could draw a lesser light. that has happened and it is now for the Rovers, players and fans, to pull together and ensure we whup the numpty dingles at Ewood, the real theatre of dreams.

tinykit.gif

I vaguely recall everton struggling for the first half of the season we won the premiership.

They were bottom of the premiership, sacked their manager, got Joe royle, started winning a few games through grit and determination rather than flair, had an easyish run in the FA Cup, culminating in a sweet 1-0 victory over Alex Ferguson in the final to lift the trophy.

Hmmm.....

Really hope that all the Ewood park stay aways can get behind the team now and help push Rovers on to Cardiff starting with the replay. Lets get a good attendance for a cup game for once. We've got as good a chance now as we are going to get in the next few years and have had lately.

C'mon you Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.