BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sixth Round Draw

philipl

how ironic,we (leicester) are saying exactly the same things as you,a easy passage to the semis.

do not underestimate us,we are playing really well,just ask charlton fans.

plus strange as it might sound,a lot of leicester fans are GLAD,its an away tie.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it the FA Cup that qualifies teams for europe? if so say we did get to the semi finals, and arsenal and man u did and some other team, then say it was a man u arse final... but they are already in europe... who gets the european place?

I'm sure you do truefox, and quite rightly so. I'm sure most of the teams are just glad to escape Manure or Arsenal, or Newcastle for that matter.

But I'm also quite sure you lot don't see us as an easy path to the semi's, if you do you're in for a surprise. We're in the Prem for a reason, you know!

is it the FA Cup that qualifies teams for europe? if so say we did get to the semi finals, and arsenal and man u did and some other team, then say it was a man u arse final... but they are already in europe... who gets the european place?

Doesn't carry over to the semi-finals. If the FA Cup finalists were Man U and Arsenal then the extra place would go to the team finishing 7th. The 6th place should qualify for Europe, assuming the Carling Cup finalists (Chelsea and Liverpool) finish in the top 5.

How's our penalty shoot out record? ohmy.gif

i'm struggling to come up with 5 names for our penalties if it goes to that...

i know dickov takes our pens but i never felt entirely confident with him taking them... and that was before the chelski miss.

Savage, MGP... and who else?

herbeegeeh,of course there is no easy route.

but i would sooner play blackburn away rather than manure.

craig levein is starting to build a decent side,which micky adams was incapable of.

with 1 defeat in the last9 games,the future is looking bright for us.

are paths have crossed quite a bit over the seasons,and some leicester fans have not forgot the playoff final.

which i cannot understand because you deserved to win.

looking forward to seeing workaholics dickov and savage again,thats if you beat burnley.

but even though you are in the prem,i really thing there is little between the 2 sides.

You make me laugh you are all so over confident.

I think you'll find we are a little more confident now we have you back at ours, but I for one will not be taking it for granted.

It did'nt surprise me one bit the way the game went yesterday, with burnley and ourselves both being a lot more solid defensively.

As for attacking forces.....forget it. Hopefully for us we stay up this year, but without the purchase of at least 1 quality striker we would not survive another season in the prem.

The cup draw draw could not have been kinder to us .... this is our best chance of reaching the semi-finals that I can remember.

Can we muck it up ?

Of course we can.

Very true, a place in the semis if we can beat two championship sides.

Liverpool messed up to Burnley

Charlton messed up to Leicester.

We have to put out a good squad and play to our best ability and then we can claim our selves semi-finalists.

Edited by Randall

this would be our probable team.

1 ian walker

2jordan stewart

3 nikos dabizas

4 dion dublin

5alan maybury

6 stephen hughes

7 gareth williams

8danny tiatto

9joey gudjohnnson

10keith gillespie

11 marc de vries or david connolly.

as you see a wealth of experience,gillespie has refound his confidence,and is now taking on and beating full backs.

the midfield is stronger now than it was in the prem.

the only drawback is the strikers do not get enough goals.

truefox, I can write this now whilst playing you is still in the realms of theory.

That is a very standard Championship side you have listed in your reply. Quite a bit of Prem experience but players of a level which when seen on a Premiership teamsheet, the opposition reaction is "Glad he's playing, that's a weak link we will exploit".

Now of course, Leicester will raise their game for the QF and if we don't raise our's we'll be in trouble against your lot every bit as much as we will be in trouble against the dingles if we are half-hearted in the replay.

The relevant part of the second division table is:

11 Burnley 31 1 44

12 Stoke 32 -2 44

13 QPR 32 -4 44

14 Crewe 32 -2 42

15 Brighton 34 -14 41 (our third choice keeper is playing here)

16 Leicester 31 3 40

greggyk,you probaly think i have got my tinted glasses on.

but since christmas we have started to perform,the only defeat was at ipswich.

a game we should have never lost.

at the start of the season we were favourites with some firms to go straight back up,which was no surprise with the squad we had.

but unfortunately last seasons hangover was carried on,and its only now we are recovering.

believe me you will be surprised how good this leicester team is,regardless of the false position we are in.

but unfortunately last seasons hangover was carried on,and its only now we are recovering. after changing our manager

believe me you will be surprised how good this blackburn team is,regardless of the false position we are in.

Sounds almost familiar smile.gif

Edited by BuckyRover

Well I've been doing the weights and still get complaints if I forget the cologne. Can't answer for the other 50,000+ Rovers fans wink.gif

Defensively, midfield and tactically; Rovers are MUCH stronger than this time last season.

Up front, we have collective goal scorers' block but we have been making so few chances that if we still had Andy (miss eight, score 1) Cole, he'd still be waiting for his first goal this season.

Hard to tell, we're a lot better defensively and has a better midfield now, but the loss of Andy Cole and obviously Stead struggling has made us less of a threat in offense.

Out:

Cole

Ferguson

In:

Dickov

Savage

Gamst Pedersen

Nelsen

Overall, we do look better, but we lack that extra quality in the last third..

I do believe that Cole is good enough to create some chances for himself btw, Philipl, he would've made things easier for the other players..

Edited by herbergeehh

just out of interest has your team improved on last seasons squad,

i no you have sav and dickov,but as a set of fans do you think you are stronger.

In terms of quality then probably not but as a team we are more organised and things are definitely looking up. Without wishing to appear condescending I wouldn't swap any of our players for one of yours except possibly Tiatto at a push. I think you should think you have a chance especially if we were to take the game lightly, however I don't think that would happen under Hughes.

It's all irrelevant though as we aren't through yet.

truefox - after beating what is, after all, a good Charlton side - and deserving your victory - I am sure that you are confident that you can beat Rovers.

However, you need to bear in mind that dabizas has a tendancy to either get sent off or gift goals to the opposition when he plays at Ewood biggrin.gif

Personally I have no axe to grind with Leicester - and as you say your side does look reasonable on paper. However - I was overjoyed at a POTENTIAL home draw in the quarter final of the FA Cup to a Championship side - no offence wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.