BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sixth Round Draw

philipl

I have an axe to grind with Leicester.

At the play off final we were with a group of Leicester fans and after the victory for us we indulged in a wee bit of celebration. Round for round until it was the Leicester fans turn to pay up !

Guess what they did a runner laugh.gifph34r.gif

payback your beer you owe biggrin.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Rovers did alright against Burnley, considering the fact that we haven't been playing that well this season and the state the pitch was in. Look at how United performed at home to Exeter, Arsenal played against Sheffield United and Charlton did against Leicester. Hughes has made us harder to beat, especially at home, which wasn't the case awhile ago. We can be confident heading into the replay, but the players must only be looking at the game in hand and not the Leicester game, which would give them a real chance to get to the semi-finals. In some ways you could say that, the draw we have been given, could make the players even more determined to beat Burnley next Wednesday.

the only drawback is the strikers do not get enough goals.

Truefox, that is a sentance that has been written on this board countless times this season !!

I think that both games against Bumley and Leicester need to be taken seriously as Rovers are great at cocking things up. It is an easy route on paper but in practice we know it will be harder...This is a nice distraction from the league seeing the games we have coming up though.

I'm still sore about Kevin Dingle Russell getting that lucky rebound off of Bobby.

sad.gif

i was only little and sat in the old nuttal street with my dad and we were on the end of a row and in the next row of seats sat a bloke who was behaving differently to the rest of the rovers fans, and low and behold when that went in he was up and down the stairs like a jack in the box singing and shouting, funnily enough, he didnt make it back to his seat smile.gif

That game was the only time I've been in the "new" Riverside (Walkersteel) and there were a few Leicester supporters who ran to the front concourse to celebrate then turned round to taunt the Rovers' supporters.

A combination of that and the boorish behaviour at Wembley made Leicester some of my least favourite opposition fans. Perhaps they have improved now?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.