SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton 0 V Rovers 1

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true as well.

I don't think we would have ever thought this at the start of the season, but it seems very likely that our defence is going to be the reason why we're good enough to stay up. The credit has to go to Hughes for that because Souness tried for roughly a year and couldn't do it, let's hope he can sort the strikers out in the same way.

If we play 4 4 2 Everton midfield runners will be all over us.

We need to go 4 1 4 1 as per Chelsea.

Friedel

Neill Nelsen Todd Nissa

Mokoena

Flitcroft Savage Thompson Reid

Pedersen

Could maybe get a 1-1 draw with this line up.

3-0 loss if we play a 4 4 2 with Gally and Dickov.

I would play Tugay instead of Thompson, but although MGP is a natural left winger this formation might actually be worth a try. Both Tugay and Savage are able to make goals from a distance, and MGP is obviously hot inside the penalty area. cool.gif

we are still very average up front

It's far worse than that.

If Dickov and Gallagher start, it's the worst attack in the Premiership.

It's not even the best in the nationwide. smile.gif

Whoever starts, it's likely to be the worst attack in the Premiership. I really think Hughes should've brought Stead back into the fold after his goal and good performance for the reserves. Perhaps not to start but once he gets the elusive first league goal, I'll think he'll be up and running again.

I really think Hughes should've brought Stead back into the fold after his goal and good performance for the reserves. Perhaps not to start but once he gets the elusive first league goal, I'll think he'll be up and running again.

Think you probably find him playing for our neighbours down the road more likely unsure.gif

We have a very good defence nowadays. Everton play with one up front.

Everton have a very good defence nowadays. We couldn't score at Mardi Gras. This has 0-0 written all over it.

An Everton supporting friend is fortunately away on a degree work placement in France for a year. If we were to lose, I'd only be bombarded with e-mails rather than her incessant 'come on the Blues' jibbering.

Let's not lose.

Edited by Rovermatt

I think this a game we can win.

Everton have had a remarkable season, and deserve full credit for being where they are and they certainly deserve it, but they are still a rather mediocre side. The team works well as a unit, but then now ours does as well, it will be two solid sides against each other. If we can find that attacking threat from somewhere then I could see us winning this.

It's going to be a hard scrappy game with chances few and far between, and I have a strong feeling one goal will settle this game, just hope it's us scoring tinykit.gif

Don't like the negative 4-1-4-1 formation, but if thats what it takes to get us a point then so be it.

As for the starting XI, I really hope Reid gets to start on the right wing leaving Emerton on the bench. Gallagher should also be dropped imo, and thank God Bothroyd aint going to play...

Have got tickets and am going to this one. Last away game I went to was the liverpool away last season - it can't be as bad as that. Everton are good defensively which means our strike force will have no chance of scoring (not that they have much chance against weaker defences either.) The big question is whether our defence is solid enough to stop Everton scoring. Personally I think our defence is good enough to limit opposing teams to a maximum of one goal per game, but sadly with our weak offense this might not be enough. I reckon its going to be 0-0 or 1-0 to Everton.

Will Savage be fit for the game? Is Jansen still injured?

My team would be (injuries permitting):

Friedel

Neill, Nelsen, Todd, Nissa

Emerton, Savage, Reid, MGP

Dickov Jansen

subs: Enks, Mokeana (sp), Thompson, Tugay, Gally

Really think that its going to be a battle and not sure that its Tugay or gally's sort of game. Would like to see reid start as he's impressed me in recent weeks and will add some more steel to the midfield.

As per many others not many goals in this match - can't see us posing their defence any problems with our non attacking frontline and we are always liable to concede at least 1 due to our tendency to sit back even when we are on top. If Everton play like they did against Villa we are in for a rough ride ( although TV might be deceiving)

So not being one of the many who can't see how poor we are and being duped by blue n white tinted glasses, then can't see past 0 v 0 or 1 v 0 to Everton

Hard to beat but never look comfortable enough to win games with a non attacking frontline (exception MGP) . sad.gif

anyone else seen this rubbish?

LINK

i really think Everton are overated, and are setting themselves up for a big fall. I think the team has been motivated this season by Rooney leaving, and everyone wanting to prove they werent a one man team

anyways i reckon it will be a more open game than it would suggest

2-1 rovers

dickov, Emerton Bent

"He also claimed that Everton made a late bid to scupper the Rovers deal, somethng that seems highly unlikely given Moyes insistance on professional types who play as a team."

What a fool, Moyes tried to sign Savage a number of times.

Did Mark Hughes play for Everton? He hasn't made it very clear but it appears that's what he is trying to say.

We all looking forwards to this match at Ewood. As thats where sky think it is. ohmy.gif

Charlie Nicholas Preview

BLACKBURN ROVERS v EVERTON

Barclays Premiership

Sunday, March 6

Live on Ford Super Sunday

Sky Sports 1, 3pm (KO 4.05pm

I really do believe if they can get all three points at Ewood Park, they will be there as well.

I wonder if his 0-0 draw prediction would be the same if we were playing at Goodison???

Edited by streakyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.