BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How About A Thread On Ryan Nelsen?

Can't believe this place. 20 threads on every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has a sniff at Ewood Park, but no real thread about Ryan Nelsen!!!

You don't deserve him, if that's the respect he gets! wink.gif

Actually, that's just jealousy talking, I'm gonna miss seeing him play for DC United this year, leaves a gaping hole in our defense. I'm glad for him, MOM today, captains armband, seems he's doing quite well, eh?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the high regard we all hold todd i think he has been as good if not better in last few games. For ryan to come in on a free transfer and take a hold of our defence and put in such great performances is awesome.

Bargain of the season i just hope he keeps it up!

I believe he will be the full time skipper by next season. The man can flat out lead. I'd like to say he was representative of MLS, but that wouldn't be true. He was exceptional here, and I believe his qualities will make him exceptional wherever he goes.

Cheers Admiral Nelsen! (Honorary Yank? Maybe not, but DC United forever!)

Nelsen had yet another great game last night....a good solid performance to say he had to babysit Mokoena all night. I have been impressed with him from day 1 as he had a great debut game away at Pompey and he has carried that form through to being automatic choice next to Toddy.....

Todd and Nelsen have been a revelation at centre half and long may it continue !!!

he started off steadily, and has been on an upward curve since. he was absolutely phenomenal last night. fantastic. won everything that came his way, and was a threat at the set pieces too.

reminds me of a certain scotsman by the name of hendry. tinykit.gif

I'll echo that he's been bloody brilliant in every game he's played. However, lets not start making silly comparisons. Amoruso was compared to Hendry at the beginning of last season and now he's the whipping boy.

Nelsen and Todd both have great composure which is the most reassuring thing. They will both take the ball down if they have time. They will also get rid of it if they're under a lot of pressure. This is far more useful than having an overconfident failed winger or a big lug at centreback. Very promising start and I very much hope he can keep it up.

Yep hughes'y has come up trumps !! 27 Years old I think and not yet reached his prime years for a centre half !! absolute top class.

P.S. I have made quite a few more Signature Banners like the one below if anyone wants one P.M. me with the player you want and I will E-Mail it to you.

I'll echo that he's been bloody brilliant in every game he's played. However, lets not start making silly comparisons. Amoruso was compared to Hendry at the beginning of last season and now he's the whipping boy.

I have never heard of amo being compared to Big Col .

I think he meant Stephen.

Attacks the ball with everything, great spring(not as good as MGP) and wins more or less evry challenge he goes for........So far........

However, I think he's been in a position where we've been playing the lesser clubs over the last few weeks...i.e Norwich, colchester, dingles, charlton.....Now we've got settled in the middle, It will be interesting to see us defend in the next few games...I think we have a run of 3 or 4 against the top teams...

I hope Hughsey brings ina couple of full backs close season...Lucas needs a kick up the arse and Nils just isnt up to it.....

Still not sure about Mokoena...! ph34r.gif

At the beginning of last season (before you joined) several people were impressed with his early season form because of his dominance in the air, strong tackle and threat from corners. This lead to Colin Hendry being mentioned several times "Not had a player who has done this since Hendry" etc etc. People had high hopes but his form dipped and he got injured. Now everybody finds it laughable.

From what I have seen of Nelsen he will go on to be an excellent central defender, hopefully for many years to come. I just hope that people don't hype him up too much then feel let down, as has happened in the past.

Not the quickest, not up for every header (like Mokoena seems to try for), but he's got the handy knack of being in the right place - like tidying up behind Mokoena when he's missed his header.

I think I've said before - he reminds me more of Henning rather than a throw-yourself-in-the-way-of everything Hendry.

A Mr Reliable in the making.

Nelsen looks class, although his hair is much too big or is it his head? - he looks like one of those plastic collectable figures

Mokoena also looks like a quality signing to me - he could end up doing the Flitty role in midfield very well.

This bodes well for the summer - Hughes clearly has a great scouting network - or does Souey deserve the credit for that?

Can't believe this place. 20 threads on every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has a sniff at Ewood Park, but no real thread about Ryan Nelsen!!!

You don't deserve him, if that's the respect he gets! wink.gif

Actually, that's just jealousy talking, I'm gonna miss seeing him play for DC United this year, leaves a gaping hole in our defense. I'm glad for him, MOM today, captains armband, seems he's doing quite well, eh?

No one has time to post about him American. After all the bad mouthing he got before we signed him everyone is now so busy eating humble pie they don't have time to post. Watch 'em come out of the woodwork with the "I told you so's" first time he makes a mistake though.

A class player, who along with the likes of Todd and Johansson have sured up our defence. He definately has to be one of the best bargain buys, to go with the likes of George Boateng going to Coventry. Hughes looks like he has the noise for a good player, with Mokoena looking like a good signing as well. His performances have been remarkable, considering that he was playing in the MLS.

Without doubt last night's MOTM and getting better with every game. I was delighted to hear his interview on Radio Rovers in which he clearly stated he understood just how important the derby games were to the town and supporters. He even mentioned bragging rights. Now this from a guy whose home is 15000 miles away, who has spent most of his career in north America. I think he knows who pays his wages. If he continues to show the committment and ability he could be up there with some of the best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.