BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back To Normal

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Later, someone posed the question "are Rovers the worst team to reach the semi-finals of the FA Cup" ?

I would doubt it. Didn't Chesterfield get to a semi-final a couple of years ago? They were hardly superior to ourselves. What about Millwall last year?

Typical anti-Rovers nonsense.

Tell me, can you buy the F.A Cup?

I think you'll find that throughout the late 60s/70s/80s, in fact throughout almost the entire history of our two clubs, Burnley have trailed on all accounts.

Not wanting to fall out with you either Den...but hmmm when exactly did you start supporting rovers?

According to him, and of course this could be more Dingle propaganda, we didn't play each other in the league for about 10 years in the 60's and 70's because we were in different leagues.

No surprise there you may say, unless you know that it was because we were in the OLD first division, aka Premiership and you were in the OLD 3rd division aka league 1.

'tis the truth, unfortunately sad.gif

Almost the truth, Phillips account is more accurate. Of course the clarrot will hint at the and suggest they were in the 1 and we were in the third, but she forgets to mention not the whole 10 years.

Twas during these years that Burnley developed their mythical history and big club persona that they used to swagger around the lower leagues with.

Twas during these years t'clarrots were to be THE TEAM OF THE SEVENTIES. It is also the period when their arrogance had them come up with the song No Nay Never. Oh Boy did that ever ring true, just not how they had hoped though.

For 10 years Burnley were at a higher level than us. Now, what about the other HUNDRED or so years?

Pardon me for answering the point in the post I quoted. Den said in the 60s 70s and 80s I was merely pointing out that for a portion of that time rovers were not in the ascendance......

C.C. - I'll have to start reading what I typed before I post. biggrin.gif I didn't realise that I'd said the 60's 70's and 80's. I thought I'd only mentioned your entire history

Burnley did indeed have an excellent side in the late 60's [i think. Don't think it lasted into the 70's, but might be wrong]. Infact, [whisper] I used to go on Turf moor around that time.[/whisper].

I saw the side that included ray Pointer in the early sixties and I saw a fair bit of the side that included Peter Noble, Leighton James and Paul Fletcher. They were a good team.

So tell your husband, you've met a rovers fan who remembers and admits to watching a good Burnley team rolleyes.gif

The rest of the 110 years you were rubbish though. smile.gifohmy.gif

Well fairs fair CC, if you consider Burnley to be the centre of the Universe then Leyland can be what ever he wants. Me mum lived in Leyland for several years, when I went to visit I found it to be a very nice place, not sub tropical though I'll give you that.

The name Leyland, means low land. It's at sea level about 3 miles from the coast and bathes in the warm tropical breezes of the gulf stream. smile.gif

Unlike Burnley that chills in the cold shadow of the pennines. huh.gif

'Officers also discovered what they think is a cannabis factory"

What they THINK is a Cannibis factory, jeez, what could there be to give 'em a clue.

They've probably had to sample it too see what it is, and as it is, they now have to recover enough to work out what it is.

Or something....

Oooh a Crunchie..........mmmmmmm.............Crunchie

• 2 weeks later...

Kylie or Britney?

Well, I'm a bum man so...

Oh right, sorry... [Panicked laughter] No, no, no! I mean you're either a boob man or a bum man and I'm most definitely a bum man, so I'd choose Kylie. Magnificent!

laugh.gif

Speaking of Burnley, who has that signature where the Burnley children say they are going to visit the King?

I want to read it again.

Speaking of Burnley, who has that signature where the Burnley children say they are going to visit the King?

I want to read it again.

Never mind.

USABlue does.

Ducky Rover: "Where are you going, Dingle Little and clarrot Penny?"

Dingle Little & clarrot Penny: "The gap is closing! The gap is closing! We're going to tell the king!"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.