BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The FA Cup.Quarter Final Match Reaction

• Backroom
Ok, for a fifth round win , can you beat Burnley,away?

(Puts head in hands)Oh no, I don`y beleive it! I knew this one would come up!

Do you want to play? Don`t forget you still have phone a friend and ask the audience.

(brief pause) I`ll ask the audience.

OK audience, pressures on, vote now on Burnley or Blackburn.

Tick, tock,tick, tock ,tick, tock.....

OK the answers are in and the crowd have responded superbly with a unanimous answer of ROVERS win!!!

I`ll go with that!

Congratulations, you`ve just won a quarter final spot in the fifth round of the FA cup!!!

Only one problem Ozzie... We DIDN't beat Bumley away did we !! Noooo

Had to do it here at Ewood tongue.gif

So much for asking the audience.. you must have got the Riverside after they'd gone with 5 mins to go !! laugh.gif

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big game for City, of course. The fans are right behind the effort to reach the FA Cup semi-finals for the first time since 1982 and, as the opposition is not one of the giants of the game, hopes are high

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I hope we bring our scoring boots for this Sunday!

Throttle them, Rovers.

Empty Seats 2 Full Seats 0

Attendance 8,880 (Empty Seats Wise)

Weather - Sunny but with some rain causing a rainbow starting over Ewood and finishing in Cardiff.

19000 tickets have already been sold

Empty Seats 2 Full Seats 0

Attendance 8,880 (Empty Seats Wise)

Weather - Sunny but with some rain causing a rainbow starting over Ewood and finishing in Cardiff.

19000 tickets have already been sold

Ho-Hum, it was an attempt at humour. I'm well aware 19,000 tickets have been sold. My attendance was for empty seats.

If you look at the score........yes, that 2-0 thingy, you will see Empty Seats 2 Full seats 0 and another attempt at humour, empty being Rovers and full being Leicester. Two attempts at humour in only one post.

Get it now? laugh.gif

Everyone connected to Leicester seems to think they've got an easy tie, even thought they're away to a team in a higher division. They're gonna be looking nervously at results on the Saturday and hoping they don't get dragged into a relegation fight at the bottom of the Championship, and they still don't think we'll be a problem? blink.gif

To be fair I think they'll give us a good game - in fact, being the pessimistic bugger I am I think they'll nick it - but I don't see what makes them think we'll be a pushover.

A scrappy 1-0 either way. Hopefully Rovers. If we score early we should be pretty comfortable, but it'll be hard.

If you read SuperStella's article up a couple of posts, Reid is quoted as saying: "It was important I took my chance with Robbie coming back. I wanted to put myself in the frame for the game."

Looks like Reid thinks hes a central midfielder now...

and after his display at Everton, that's quite alright with me!

To the Leicester game.

I'm dead worried. A few days ago I was confident we'd win comfortably but the nearer the game gets, the more I think we could be beaten.

There's too much talk about semi-finals, even finals. I'm as guilty as anyone. On Sunday at Everton I talked about Cardiff, I spoke to Nuclearsox on the phone today and talked about Cardiff, and there's plently of talk on here about Cardiff. We're not there yet.

Rovers aren't in the bottom half for nothing. No matter how much we've improved under Hughes, we're still more than capable of playing crap and losing to anyone. If the team share any of the complacency that the fans seem to have then there's every chance we'll get beat, because make no mistake, Leicester will be up for it.

I think we'll nick it by the odd goal, but I'm dead worried.

I'm less worried than I was against Burnley, i felt Burnley were in better form than Leicester are. I have few fears about the complacency of the players. That's not to say I think they will play well as the home game against Burnley showed that we can be ordinary. However confidence must be high at present and I feel couple with the attitude Hughes has instilled in them we will be too strong for them.

To the Leicester game.

I'm dead worried. A few days ago I was confident we'd win comfortably but the nearer the game gets, the more I think we could be beaten.

There's too much talk about semi-finals, even finals. I'm as guilty as anyone. On Sunday at Everton I talked about Cardiff, I spoke to Nuclearsox on the phone today and talked about Cardiff, and there's plently of talk on here about Cardiff. We're not there yet.

Rovers aren't in the bottom half for nothing. No matter how much we've improved under Hughes, we're still more than capable of playing crap and losing to anyone. If the team share any of the complacency that the fans seem to have then there's every chance we'll get beat, because make no mistake, Leicester will be up for it.

I think we'll nick it by the odd goal, but I'm dead worried.

I feel exactly the same!

I have got a bit carried away - even phone round a few hotels in Cardiff, but I've been so nervous the last couple of days. I've been very confident about all the rounds so far, but as it gets closer, I don't feel the same about this.

I keep telling myself that after such a good win at Everton, Sunday should be fairly easy......but we support Rovers!

I keep thinking about all the bad games and results against Leicester in the past few years, I need to starting thinking about the good games like the play-off final.

Get a grip you guys and stop worrying about what Rovers did in the past. This is a team that's going from strength to strength with better performances still to come. Surely they have shown enough for you to believe they can easily take care of a struggling Nationwide club.

3 - 0 to Rovers

biggrin.gif

. Surely they have shown enough for you to believe they can easily take care of a struggling Nationwide club.

What? Like we easily took care of Burnley?

We should win but I have seen enough of rovers v variable performance ro think that we could lose.

Congratulations, you`ve just won a quarter final spot in the fifth round of the FA cup!!!

Diddlediddleediddleduuuum.

BUZZZZZZZ!

OH NO thats all we have time for tonight, join us again when we play...

WHO WANTS TO WIN THE FA CUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Tremendous OJ!

Next programme...

Chris - "Hello and welcome back, I'm here with Blackburn Rovers who if you'll recall have just reached the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup! So how's your week been Blackburn Rovers? I'd imagine "Cup Fever" has really hit the town and everyone's really excited?"

Blackburn Rovers "I've never seen anything like it, it's crazy town up there. Sorry, no, I'm only joking. No ones right bothered to be honest."

Chris "How strange. Never mind, cheer up. Here's your next question. Good luck. Can Blackburn Rovers reach the Semi Final, goodness me you must be excited, yep, that's the Semi Finals of the FA Cup!! for the first time in 45 years!! when they play League Division Two (old money) side Leicester City at Home on Sunday?"

Blackburn Rovers - "Well I'm not really sure"

Chris - "Take your time - you've still got three life lines"

Blackburn Rovers - "Um, Ah, Um, er.... Can I ask the audience please Chris?"

Chris - all of a sudden laughing almost uncontrollably - "Ha Ha Ha No!! You'll have a job!! You haven't got one!!! Ha Ha - They're all down the pub!! Ha Ha - they can't be arsed!! They're too busy writing letters complaining about how they can't get tickets for the final!! Ha Ha!! "I blame Dougan"! Ha Ha Ha!!"

We'll win. 2-0. Stead and Dickov with the goals. Gate?? Attendence?? 23,712. Clearly where we've gone wrong is by making the ground too big (as someone has already posted). Reduce it by 5,000 and hey presto! Sold out every week and no need to read through the last 6 pages.

what date are the semis?

I think it's the weekend of April 16/17th.

I'm not sure about this game, Leicester have been doing ok under their new manager, they went to Charlton and won.

But, their two goals at The Valley were from set pieces, with our defense at the moment I'm fairly conifdent that we will win, just.

Get a grip you guys and stop worrying about what Rovers did in the past. This is a team that's going from strength to strength with better performances still to come. Surely they have shown enough for you to believe they can easily take care of a struggling Nationwide club.

3 - 0 to Rovers

biggrin.gif

totally agree jw.

rovers have indeed lost game that they should have won, but so has every other team around the world. always give the opponents the respect that they deserve but we on here have too many doom and gloom merchants.....willing rovers to fail so that there own feelings are vindicated.

the right direction is indeed where we are going and if we do lose against leicester...then a dissapointment it will be......but that won't all of a sudden plunge us deep into the mire.,...

for what it is worth...i do believe that the fans are letting the club and more importantly the players down....bigstyle. and once again proves that we have abig bunch of fans who jump on the bandwagon....when we have a massive game....such as a local derby.

JHC is Scotty is worried then we should all be worried rolleyes.gif

Scotty epitomises the typical Rovers stalwart and it concerns me that he is worried although deep down I understand that he will expect nothing more than a Rovers win, 8 pints and 2 pies PRE match followed by another gallon and a 14inch sausage butty back in the Waters Edge laugh.gif

chin up Scotty lad tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.