SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mceveley And Douglas Gone On Loan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Why is everyone so quick to throw Jay Mc out?

Apart from his stupid error against liverpool he has been good for us and deserves a chance the same goes for douglas!

Stupid error against Liverpool. Allowing Gary Neville to get past him in the Carling Cup for Scholes' goal (i think) and allowing Mario Melchiot to stroll past him with ease for a Birmingham goal versus Rovers. And then even during his sojourn into the Championship, he struggled against pacy wingers, from what I've read.

There's no doubt he has some talent (Ipswich fans would have him back tomorrow, if they could) but it's obvious why his favoured position is centre back. He's an aggressive tackler, good on the ball and confident. But not a Premiership left back. Probably not a Premiership centre back either but he has never played there for Rovers first team and rarely for the reserves.

Why is everyone so quick to throw Jay Mc out?

BECAUSE HE POSED WITH A SCUM SCARF ABOVE HIS HEAD AND THAT IM AFRAID IS SACRALAGE...I STILL DONT FORGIVE OUR BOARD FOR HELPING THE SCUM OUT AND I DONT FORGIVE HIM FOR POSING WITH THE SCARF AND I DONT GIVE A FLYING BURNLEY HOW OLD OR NIAVE HE WAS ITS WRONG AND ID RATHER FORGIVE MY EX WIFE FOR BANGING SOMEONE ELSE THAN FORGIVE HIM FOR POSING WITH THE SCARF.. :angry:

BECAUSE HE POSED WITH A SCUM SCARF ABOVE HIS HEAD AND THAT IM AFRAID IS SACRALAGE...I STILL DONT FORGIVE OUR BOARD FOR HELPING THE SCUM OUT AND I DONT FORGIVE HIM FOR POSING WITH THE SCARF AND I DONT GIVE A FLYING BURNLEY HOW OLD OR NIAVE HE WAS ITS WRONG AND ID RATHER FORGIVE MY EX WIFE FOR BANGING SOMEONE ELSE THAN FORGIVE HIM FOR POSING WITH THE SCARF.. :angry:

What if your ex-wife banged Jay? :unsure:

Grow up!!

why???

it isnt right we helped burnley and anyone posing with a burnley scarf whilst a rovers player isnt or wasnt acceptable.

if growing up means lowering my passion or dislike of burnley then childish i remain!!!

Edited by ABBEY

Anyone praying Mickey Gray never ever gets injured? Someone please buy Mceveley.

Even Leeds fans dont want Douglas back

http://www.waccoe.co.uk/forum/index.php?sh...4199&hl=douglas

IPB Image

Wow, I didn't realise he was that unappreciated at Leeds. Obviously, those opinions don't reflect the Leeds's supporters as a whole but those comments are supported by the fact that no clubs have apparently come in for Dougie.

"no real ability can't see the point"

"a nothing player"

(and to balance it out)

"I really liked him last year one of my fave players had good energy bit of pace and got a few goals but i think now weve strengthened the midfield we dont need him"

Edited by rover6

Wow, I didn't realise he was that unappreciated at Leeds. Obviously, those opinions don't reflect the Leeds's supporters as a whole but those comments are supported by the fact that no clubs have apparently come in for Dougie.

douglas didnt impress me whilst on loan at leeds (what i saw on TV). he is never going to be a regular 1st teamer, at rovers. he always seems a fraction slow in anticipation and movement for me.

jay has failed to live up to his early promise.

maybe he starred early on because youngsters play without fear.

he's playing with fear at the moment and in his last few rovers appearances, he's made several errors and his display on friday night was abysmal. my cousin lives in capel, nr ipswich, and watches ipswich every now and again. he said when jay was on loan there, that he was forever getting skinned, if he ever came up against a speedy winger and he used to have several lapses in concentration.

andy taylor on the other hand, impresses me enormously whenever i see him and looks superior to jay.

I suppose this fits here, not worth a new thread anyway. Hughes has announced that Paul Gallagher will not be going out on loan this season as "he sees him as an important member of the squad this term"

Good news for Gally and I must say this pleases me greatly.

my cousin lives in capel, nr ipswich, and watches ipswich every now and again. he said when jay was on loan there, that he was forever getting skinned, if he ever came up against a speedy winger and he used to have several lapses in concentration.

Wouldnt he have told you that Ipswich played Jay on the left wing?

he only played a couple of games on the wing, and the rest at LB.

Everytime I spoke to my mate he was beamoning the fact they kept playing him on the wing and "he couldnt cross to save his life, never mind take on his man"

Everytime I spoke to my mate he was beamoning the fact they kept playing him on the wing and "he couldnt cross to save his life, never mind take on his man"

i stand by what i said, but lets agree to disagree. safe to say, whenever he featured at LB he wasnt up too standard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.