BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mceveley And Douglas Gone On Loan

With Emo - Hughes might want to keep him as a squad player and certainly doesn't want to see him disappear on a free.

As for McEveley and Douglas, Hughes promised to have a good look at them in pre-season and that is what he's doing. I really don't see what either could contribute to the first team but we may be surprised.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose this fits here, not worth a new thread anyway. Hughes has announced that Paul Gallagher will not be going out on loan this season as "he sees him as an important member of the squad this term"

Good news for Gally and I must say this pleases me greatly.

Especially with Agathe not signing on, we'll need cover for whichever right midfielder we (hopefully) sign after we (hopefully) offload Emerton. Finally a chance to see if Gally has matured into a player with Premiership potential.

With Emo - Hughes might want to keep him as a squad player and certainly doesn't want to see him disappear on a free.

Emerton wasnt even getting in the first 16 season at times last season, offering him a new contract is madness, just get rid of him now. Its clear Hughes doesnt rate the guy as a RW. Even you, mr amrchair must see that.

The new contract may reflect the 'lesser' role Hughes has in mind for Emerton. In which case, he is almost certainly going to reject it.

I agree that on the current lucrative wage Emerton is inevitably on, he should not be getting an extension.

What on earth does Hughes see in players like Mcevely and Emerton, offering berty a new contract even though hes 3rd choice RW is madness.

And not offering Agathe a contract, even though he looked the best player in the games he played.

There's nothing to Agathe's game at all other than being able to run like a deer (or at least he could). A winger that can't cross the ball is like an arse without a hole. He would maybe have made decent cover at right back, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.