BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Last year, I think they were priced between £35 and £55. The link I posted on the thread about ticket prices for the 6th Round- if you are moaning, wait for the semis!- has disappeared from the FA web site.

Given the very democratic way the proceeds are divided, I would imagine the other three semi-finalists are a bit concerned by our small support.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, I think they were priced between £35 and £55. The link I posted on the thread about ticket prices for the 6th Round- if you are moaning, wait for the semis!- has disappeared from the FA web site.

Given the very democratic way the proceeds are divided, I would imagine the other three semi-finalists are a bit concerned by our small support.

I dont think they will be Philip, the will simply get additional tickets. The FA has absolute discretion of allocations in the semi's and final. Dont be surprised if we get 20,000 tickets compared to the 45,000 of United.

I'm of much the same view as Stu and will be surprised if we get over 20,000. I think the best we can hope for is 20,000 with an option on a further 5 - 10,000.

The FA can be pretty certain of selling 40,000 to Newcastle and Utd and to a lesser extent Arsenal. From a ticket allocation view our best bet is Arsenal in the semis as they have the next samllest crowd out of the four clubs. Might have helped if the toiwn had turned out in force on Sunday - but that's another thread.

I don't care who we get in the saemi final because today i've fulfilled all my dreams as a Blackburn Rovers supporter.

To win a cup

To win the league

To follow my team in europe

To see my team in a fa cup semi final.......

i'm a very happy Rover and i don't care who we get in the semis or what the result is my dreams have been fulfilled and for that i say thenks to Sir Jack Walker........i know youre watching.  smile.gif

Spot on Gav.

That's exactly what I've been saying since the minute I jumped in the car for the long trek home.

Maybe now I can dream of a final - i'm sure I've got a few more years left. biggrin.gif

I dont think they will be Philip, the will simply get additional tickets. The FA has absolute discretion of allocations in the semi's and final. Dont be surprised if we get 20,000 tickets compared to the 45,000 of United.

Correct Stuwilky, and they tend to base it on the the average crowd at your home games.

Funny thing is , we will probably be allocated more tickets for the Semi than the final should we progress.

As with Gav.... my dreams have been fulfilled - just totally ###### off with the semis being at Cardiff.

And who says its too late - there's another month yet til the games are played - as I have said before - they have just changed the full schedule of Premier games - so why can they not change the 1 or 2 games?

And as per Scotty I don't think there is any doubt we will be on the Sunday game unless we draw MU

Time to hammer the e-mail address from earlier - alternatively we could all boycott it blink.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

God

I am still on my knees praying that yiou dont succumb to that idiot howard in the sun and keeping the likes of manure and arsenal from playing each other in the semi finals.

if you are really listening Uncle Jack, have a word with the supremo. Tell him your right and that he owes it to rovers supporters all over the world to let Shearer and Judas face us in the semi final.

Please please please make my day.

I need an FA Cup final to complete my set

promotion 5 times

full members cup

Lancashire cup 3 times

manx cup winners

league centenary qualifiers

play off winners

Premiership Champions

Worthy Cup winners

Worthy cup semi finalists

FA Cup semi finalists

come on God make it happen and add

F A CUP FINALISTS smile.gif

Yes pal her indoors 40th, delays the travel to Cardiff by about 5 hours.

She dont know about it and when the party is over I will just have to break it gently that the bus leaves leyland at around 0200 hrs, just enough time for a curry at the Viceroy !!

Your welcome to go with beswick if you like tinykit.gif

most northern most team gets the north end i belive.

Anyroad Dooomed I tells you Doomed.

Why?

Coz Im going. That is if the admins actually honour the promise they made keeping me away from the LEicester game.

Also - I might need two tickets as my mate Dave should be back from Iraq by then.

Well,

I've done my bit for what its worth - just mailed the FA

"FA CUP SEMI FINALS 16/17 APRIL 2005 - CARDIFF MILLENIUM STADIUM.

Dear Sirs

I write as a Blackburn Rovers supporter with regards to the staging of the Semi Finals of the FA Cup in Cardiff.

It would appear that consideration for the supporters has yet again been totally dismissed in the decision to hold the games at this venue.

There are three Northern teams left in the competition, all of which have to travel down to Cardiff for the same weekend thus increasing congestion, puts strain on the public transport system and surrounding roads in and out off Cardiff and also raising the potential for crowd/public problems due to rivalry of the clubs involved thus increasing the strain on the Police.

As you can see from a supporter’s viewpoint this on the whole, appears to have been a badly managed decision and one where the potential problems have not been accounted for. In addition to this, the Sunday game is at an inconvenient time for all fans considering the problems of getting into and away from Cardiff ( as Blackburn Rovers supporter I speak from experience of these problems) and the following Monday being a working/school day for most unless a personal holiday is taken. Add this to the expense of getting there and all this adds up into a very expensive and long day if accommodation cannot be found or afforded, dependent upon which day you attend (especially if your team loses)

Proud tradition has given this Cup competition the esteem it is held in, and that makes it arguably the best cup competition in the World ; yet it would appear to many a fan, that it is being degraded yet again to the whim of the FA and taking away the uniqueness of the Final.

The Final Premiership fixture list ( # 10games) has recently been changed to a different day - albeit only 24 hours - but I ask the question if this can be done, why can’t there be a rethink and consideration given to the rearrangement of the Semi Finals ( # 2 games)? There are grounds more convenient and traditionally used eg Villa Park/Hillsborough/Old Trafford/Anfield which are/or still well equipped to stage such games as these and have adequate capacities?

On a final note, in addition I feel consideration should also be given to the proposal that future Semi-Finals being held at the ‘New Wembley’ should be reconsidered for the same reason and held away at alternative venues.

I look forward to your reply and comments"

To be fair to the FA they replied promptly after I'd moaned at them about Urinal's booking of Neill in teh Worthy semi at OT.

Politely told me to bugger off but at least they replied.

Captain - whats the address pls Im going to copy and paste your message with a few alterations

To be fair to the FA they replied promptly after I'd moaned at them about Urinal's booking of Neill in teh Worthy semi at OT.

Politely told me to bugger off but at least they replied.

Captain - whats the address pls Im going to copy and paste your message with a few alterations

FA

Glanva posted earlier