SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 - 1 Arsenal

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good preview Bellamy.

I wish there were a few rubbish ones, it makes doing another one more and more difficult.

Still, I suppose that's the price we pay for mingling with the Rovers intelligentsia

I have a gtut feeling that Brad is going to produce some breathtaking saves against the Gooners.

He no longer has to organise a shambolic defence (not his strongpoint) as the Rovers defence has found an astonishing resilience so he can quietly revert to being shot stopper extraordinary.

We're playing t'arse and many of us believe that we can actually get a result !!

I used to hope that we would only lose by a couple in this fixture.

I bet that their fans are worried about their lovely boys facing the likes of Neill, T'Axe, T'Admiral, Todd, Flitty, Savage, Dickov etc........

Who remembers Hughesey frightening the hell out of those southern softies from white flag lane in the Worthy final ??

The man is gradually forming a team in His own image and when He brings in another striker in His mould during the summer then it will be one hell of a time to be a Rovers fan next season rover.gif

With Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Campbell mssing Rovers must fancy their chances for a win, if the Axe / Nelsen got a few early robust challenges agaisnt the like of Reyes and Van Persie, I really do think we can get 3 points. Can't wait for Saturday!

bit of Arsenal team news for ya:

Both Pires and Bergkamp are out of the Rovers game!!

Could be a good chance this for Rovers to get all 3 points. No Henry either!

says that their rated as doubtful on bbc. probably end up playing...which is bad news for us! mad.gif

Friedel

Neill Nelsen Todd Nissa

Mokoenna

Emerton Reid Flitcroft Pedersen

Dickov

Subs..tugay, thompson (if fit, if not then johnson) stead, encks, matteo

Rovers 0 - 2 Arsenal

Rovers will play well but arsenal will eventually break us down after a dull 65 minutes.

Ya never know though with terry henry, bergkamp, pires, campbell and edu all likely to miss the game.

I honestly don't know about this one, but isn't it NICE not to have to go into panic mode every time the opposition cross the halfway line?

I don't remember feeling that with rovers since the heady days of Big Col, Pearcy, Berg and Le Sulk.

Henry out, B'kamp out, pires out, campbell out, cole is a maybe as is Ljungberg, so why not fellow Rovers fans! If we play well and viera and reyes are off form, that doesnt leave alot else for arsenal to play upon.

I think it will be a draw a 1-1 with probably the same team which played against l'pool!

tinykit.gif

I honestly don't know about this one, but isn't it NICE not to have to go into panic mode every time the opposition cross the halfway line?

I don't remember feeling that with rovers since the heady days of Big Col, Pearcy, Berg and Le Sulk.

I`ve heard the centre halves tomorrow are Amo and Matteo.

Latest from Sky Sports Web Site - Charlie Nicholas is predicting a fairly comfortable 2-0 home win..........for Arsenal ?????

Arsenal have far more attacking flair than Liverpool or Everton combined - and I fear that this may be the match that we are found out defensively.

However, if we can score first you never know !

Nelsen had an average match against Liverpool (by his high standards) - so this will be a good chance for him to gain another man of the match award. Though I am hoping that will go to MGP for his goal, and assist for the winning goal in an exciting 2-1 win biggrin.gif

Nelsen had an average match against Liverpool (by his high standards) - so this will be a good chance for him to gain another man of the match award.

I thought that Nelsen was a colossus again against Liverpool! I lost count of the amount of challenges he won.

Nelsen had an average match against Liverpool (by his high standards) - so this will be a good chance for him to gain another man of the match award.

I thought that Nelsen was a colossus again against Liverpool! I lost count of the amount of challenges he won.

i'd agree. Except when he went on a bit of a run and left a gaping hole at the back which Baros should have scored from! Propbably the first bad thing he's done since he came though....plus he got away with it so who cares!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.