SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still bumping your souness threads lads ;-)

still if we win em its a place in europe, and we tend to play more than a couple of games, unlike you boys

331090[/snapback]

That was our managers fault.

He'd rather have spent his Thursdays nights with his missus.

Can't remember what happened to him, went on a treasure hunt with a group of pirates who were less than fond of him or something.

I wouldnt be too happy being a Newcastle fan right now. You have sold 2 decent players, alongside 4-5 squad players and have replaced them with only 1 or possibly two good players.

Up front they need re-inforcing but who will they sign?

I see them as a sinking ship to be honest.

Cant see them troubling the top teams, they will be battling with everyone else outside the top 4.

The Newcastle midfield is now one of the most creative around but if Bowyer goes, they will have not much grit to compete with either an aggressive or possession-dominating opposition midfield (the other 19 clubs in the Prem have one or the other and some have both - the ones that have neither get relegated).

Not much width, the defence looks pretty lacking as does the front line. Souey's comments about the goals coming from Dyer are pointing towards him going into the new season with the sort of novel formations that were his trademark in the later stages of his time at Ewood (who needs a team with a left back/winger/....?)

Anyway that is not our problem.

Nor is an Intertoto draw which looks more like the later stages of the UEFA or Champions League than a summer kick around. Newcastle will have done extraordinarilly well if they qualify for the preliminary round draw of the UEFA Cup.

Edited by philipl

If Shearer had packed it in they'd have really been in the doo doo...

331312[/snapback]

Or if he gets injured.

HEY SOUNESS..........how do you fancy an irritating Scottish Gnome who will run around all day unless he falls over when backing into defenders.

GET OVER SOUNESS HE HAS GONE FFS!

I think many Rovers fans get great glee from the fact that he started with Newcastle on exactly the same footing as he left us. When he came to us he was good and did very well, then he went barmy. Give the ones who like it a chance to laugh, I think it makes them more happy to have Hughes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.