BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

I felt that Souness's strength was building from the midfield. In the promotion season, for a First division squad, we had a great midfield, Duff, Dunn, Flitcroft, Gillespie, with waiting in the wings Mahon, Hignett, McAteer and I think Hughes even played in mid-field. And upon promotion, we picked up Tugay as well, which helped us to 10th and 6th.

Oops... I am applying rational thought to our ex-manager, what was I thinking. Sorry.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titus Bramble broke an elbow in training today, putting him out for three months and leaving Newcastle desperately short of centre halves after the sale of O'Brien and Hughes.

Souness admires Amoruso, so here's Rovers chance to offload the overweight tub of lard on our hapless former manager.

I mean this in all seriousness.Would we be willing to accept say 250,000 pounds for Amoruso (obviously at a significant loss to what we paid Rangers) and say 250,000 for Gray to take a trip one way to the Tyneside?If those numbers are laughable ,what would be significant enough for said deals to occur?(i.e. what would Rovers management be willing to take to get those two off the books?)I would snap their wrists off if souness came in with a net of 500,000 pounds for those two.(this may be more of a visceral reaction on my part rather than a logical one from a business perspective,I realise)

Florida Rover

Titus Bramble broke an elbow in training today, putting him out for three months and leaving Newcastle desperately short of centre halves after the sale of O'Brien and Hughes.

Souness admires Amoruso, so here's Rovers chance to offload the overweight tub of lard on our hapless former manager.

331551[/snapback]

Looks like 'Lady luck' has abandoned Souey again!! laugh.gifbiggrin.gif (God knows what he did to that poor woman? as fickle as she is wink.gif )

Amoruso to Newcastle -> Chance would be a fine thing!

I mean this  in all seriousness.Would we be willing to accept say 250,000 pounds for Amoruso (obviously at a significant loss to what we paid Rangers) and say 250,000 for Gray to take a trip one way to the Tyneside?If those numbers are laughable ,what would be significant enough for said deals to occur?(i.e. what would Rovers management be willing to take to get those two off the books?)I would snap their wrists off if souness came in with a net of 500,000 pounds for those two.(this may be more of a visceral reaction on my part rather than a logical one from a business perspective,I realise)

Florida Rover

331883[/snapback]

In my opinion, they're two completely seperate cases. I'd think that the club would readily give away Gray just to be rid of his contract--such a situation almost transpired earlier this summer, but Leeds couldn't afford to match Michael's current salary and the deal fell through.

Amoruso, on the other hand, is providing cover at a position where we lost two players who regularly featured in the first team or at least on the subs bench (Nissa and Short). Unless someone offered us silly money for him (i.e. £750,000 or more), Amo probably still has a somewhat important role to play as cover in central defense. If someone were to come in with an offer for him--and let's face it, nobody would--then Hughes would only be able to consider it if the money gained could be put toward purchasing a replacement.

This is all hypothetical anyway, as I don't realistically expect either to be leaving.

I'm actually quite worried that Souness is building a decent team...it's been reported he's going to use (steal?) the 4-5-1/4-3-3 used by Chelsea with Keiron Dyer being one of the wide strikers and maybe Boa Morte as the other if they can stump up enough cash. Fat Freddy has also said they'll be bringing in a central defender and a striker, I think they need more than that but the first 11 is looking quite good:

Given
Carr    Boumsong     ?    Babayaro
               Jenas
          Parker    Emre
   Dyer                     ?
              Shearer

The midfield trio looks exciting, I can see Emre and Parker doing real damage coming forward together. Put Boa Morte and a good centre back into the question marks and it's a very strong looking team.

Having said that...I don't think Souness has the tactical ability to do that formation as succesfully as Mourinho has. He'd probably be better off sticking to what he knows.

Edited by LeChuck

Well lets see whats different with last season:

No Robert, No Bellamy.

Also, O'Brien and Hughes were important players who have played alot of matches for the club over the years and would have given at least excellent cover. Kluivert is gone too.

Who have they got: Emre, and Parker.

Who replaces Robert and Bellamy/Kluivert?

In defence, they need not only 1 defender to play regularly and they need cover, which I dont see.

Up front, Shearer isnt the Shearer of old and they would really need 2 strikers probably.

I dont think they have a big squad and with the Intertoto coming up, it will be exposed.

hahahahahahah why buy ameruso (crap) and Gray (makem crap) linked with Matty Upson from the MIGHTY BCFC, (soz guys couldn't resist) and the boa morte deal is done,

Given

Carr Upson/Taylor BOOMsong Babayaro/Lee

Jenas

Parker Emre

Dyer Boa Morte

Shearer/Kuyt

the Lee deal should be sorted soon (PSV) and as for Kuyt i dunno! but rumours are sweeping around aboit him, so all in all not a bad side at all, but i agree about strength in depth, as chelsea can play 2 strong teams our second team would be like this

Harper

Ramage Taylor Huntington Elliot

Butt

Faye Bowyer

Milner Viana

Ameobi/Chopra

I'm actually quite worried that Souness is building a decent team...it's been reported he's going to use (steal?) the 4-5-1/4-3-3 used by Chelsea with Keiron Dyer being one of the wide strikers and maybe Boa Morte as the other if they can stump up enough cash.  Fat Freddy has also said they'll be bringing in a central defender and a striker, I think they need more than that but the first 11 is looking quite good:

Given
Carr    Boumsong     ?    Babayaro
               Jenas
          Parker    Emre
   Dyer                     ?
              Shearer

The midfield trio looks exciting, I can see Emre and Parker doing real damage coming forward together.  Put Boa Morte and a good centre back into the question marks and it's a very strong looking team.

Having said that...I don't think Souness has the tactical ability to do that formation as succesfully as Mourinho has.  He'd probably be better off sticking to what he knows.

331887[/snapback]

Agreed that it looks decent on paper. What about injuries though? Shearer is very unlikely to play all season - when he's out replace him with Ameobi. If Boumsong were to get injured, in comes Ramage. If one of the midfield trio gets injured, Souness will likely bring in Butt, and if he doesn't get Boa Morte, N'Zogbia is likely to be the replacement.

Given

Carr Ramage Bramble Babyaro

Butt

Parker Emre

Dyer N'Zogbia

Ameobi

Doesn't look quite so good does it? Its not exactly a far fetched scenario, bottom line is Souey, as usual, is building a decent first 11, and padding the rest of his squad out with crap.

Freddie Shepherd has said to souness that thuings must improve this season. looks like souness is under pressure 4 weeks before season starts. cant see him being there too long, if things start badly. what a shame!!!!!

331903[/snapback]

The full article is Here

The strangest bit has to be "we have been a top-six club for so long" but they have only been back in the top of table area since we got promoted!

xmas.gif Souness won't last til christmas xmas.gif

Even Souness isn't that stupid.

331969[/snapback]

Oh come on give credit where credit's due!

This is the man that signs the rangers team for fun! and then tops it off with weah's cousin!

Amo to the toon! thumbs-up.gif £5mil should do it!

I really hope Souness doesn't get sacked.

What if they were to get a good manager in and become a decent team? Besides, a am really looking forward to the Rovers v Newcastle clashes now with Bellamy out to proove a point!

So many possibilities for chants!

I don't think Lee Young-pyo will be joining Newcastle as suggested by PaddyK, for the simple reason as they're not in the Champions League and they haven't actually bid for him.

The only club to have made a bid is Monaco and they are negotiating with PSV.

Lee would like to come to England but I'd be surprised if he gave up the chance of CL football to do so.

Edited by Korean John

Souness is an absolute idiot....

Firstly by suggesting that Jenas is worth more than Vieira...

Then by suggesting that nobody has more than £12m to spend!

Arsenal have just sold Vieira for £13.7m, Chelsea are wedged, and United could easily afford that.

Newcy Browns better enjoy a full season scrap with that prat as gaffer.

Souness is an absolute idiot....

Firstly by suggesting that Jenas is worth more than Vieira...

Then by suggesting that nobody has more than £12m to spend!

Arsenal have just sold Vieira for £13.7m, Chelsea are wedged, and United could easily afford that.

Newcy Browns better enjoy a full season scrap with that prat as gaffer.

332203[/snapback]

Seem to remember him saying the same about Duff - anyway I think its more about that he knows Aresnal and Chelsea for that matter can afford to get him but he wants to keep him.

One things for certain, if I was in Wenger's boots I would have injury prone Campbell on his way already as part of the deal that has been banded about with a suitcase of Newcy's to please them all the more

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.