BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

Well considering this is a thread about Souness then you'd be struggling to find any players we're linked with on here. Try the incoming players thread. Some lad on there called Bellamy I think we've got off some tinpot 'massive' club who are the biggest club in the world yet have never won a thing that wasn't filmed in black & white.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mickey mouse!! naaa you already have a team of jokers

334443[/snapback]

Erm...Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character, not a joker. Some of his antics may be fairly jovial, but I've got to say that I just don't think this works as an insult, albeit probably a good natured one.

;-)

Right, firstly Souey got us promoted, took us into europe twice and won a cup.

Yes he made mistakes, but I thank him for the good times.

Secondly, I don't anybody realises the task he actually faces at NUFC. First thing he did was sure up the absolutely pathetic defence by bringing in Boumson (class) and Babayaro (better than what they had). The midfield is full of too many ego players who hit each other if they don't get the ball passed to them. And as for strikers, he had an ageing Shearer, Kluivert who is just Dwight Yorke in disguise and Bellamy who wanted out and got his way out.

A lot of people think, maybe because of recent history and their fan base, that nufc are automatically a top team, but fact is the team Bobby Robson left was pathetic. To be honest, you could compare Bobby Robson's nufc reign to Souness' Rovers reign. Great start, got relative success then went sour.

I think the nufc defence when souness took over was carr, o'brien, bramble and hughes, now it's carr, bramble, boumsong, taylor/babayaro - much more solid.

And as for Laurent Robert, he is one of the many lazy french footballers we've come to know with much more ego than talent.

Give Souness time at nufc and i fear some of you doubters will be eating your words.

Still delighted he went when he did though so we could get sparky biggrin.gif

I'm amazed, willrovers.

You have managed to post something positive about our previous manager, the great satan, and not get flamed.

You've either paid to get all responses deleted, or you're a mod, or it's a post only visible to my eyes.

Anyway, you have my respect. (yeah, he really had to go, but he did one or two nice things for us whilst he was here)

A lot of people think, maybe because of recent history and their fan base, that nufc are automatically a top team, but fact is the team Bobby Robson left was pathetic.  To be honest, you could compare Bobby Robson's nufc reign to Souness' Rovers reign.  Great start, got relative success then went sour.

334897[/snapback]

Although harsh, that is a very good point. For a season under Robson they seemed to have lost whatever momentum they had and ended up losing to Partizan Belgarde (after all the hard work had been done) in a Champions League qualifier and once again losing when it mattered most; against Liverpool for a Champions League which eventually ended with Liverpool lifting the damn thing. Robson's side had stalled, or more accurately, even gone backward a little bit.

Regardless of that though, there is no way that they should have sacked him so early in the season. Football history is full of many examples of how patience in a quality manager (like Robson) is ultimately rewarded after some trials and tribulations by success. The Newcastle board are too short-sighted to realise this however and the now regular firings of managers in the very-very-early stages of the season (Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and maybe Souness to follow) are indicative actions of a management regime which knows not what it does. If Newcastle are ever to fulfill their potential then they must start clearing out the dead wood...that dead wood sits smoking cigars in the boardroom and has done for years.

I'm amazed, willrovers.

You have managed to post something positive about our previous manager, the great satan, and not get flamed.

You've either paid to get all responses deleted, or you're a mod, or it's a post only visible to my eyes.

Anyway, you have my respect. (yeah, he really had to go, but he did one or two nice things for us whilst he was here)

334927[/snapback]

Hear hear! Respect is due Will. Good points well made, in my opinion.

It's just nice to see Newcastle on the self-destruct path now. A team I've hated for years. They and Sourface deserve each other.

And he's driven away 14,000 fans there- that's even better than he managed with us- in such a short time too!!

Mods

I propose this thread is renamed 'Souness Out! Out!' since the rumoured new owners will be as quick to be rid of him as his own transfer policy/team selection/results (perm any one from three).

Edited by MCMC1875

It's just nice to see Newcastle on the self-destruct path now.  A team I've hated for years.  They and Sourface deserve each other.

And he's driven away 14,000 fans there- that's even better than he managed with us- in such a short time too!!

335069[/snapback]

source?? withstupid.gif

Fat Freddie denied that 14,000 had not been sold however did admit there were about 5,000 left which was why they were doing an advertising campaign. Strange really as with 10 million on the waiting list you would have thought they would have been snapped up. Massive club? my arse!

4000 were left for sale which all went in the space of 2 weeks, once again my friends its a 52k shut out

335763[/snapback]

I hope you don't lose Souness this season. If you do, you are in danger of perhaps getting a manager capable of getting a team to play football worth watching. Not to mention instill some team harmony...

4000 were left for sale which all went in the space of 2 weeks, once again my friends its a 52k shut out

335763[/snapback]

So why is your official site reminding fans to renew and why are other Newcastle fans still reporting they are being pestered by the club. If you truly had magnificent fans there would be no need for the club to be getting so wound up by press stories about your sales being well down.

Haddawayishite. I'll give you that. I suppose he's a Newcastle fan as well is he? Or maybe he's just on the waiting list for a season ticket?

This Link (The Seventies and Eighties) states that Newcastle's gates actually dropped below 8,000 in the 70's. I remember vaguely going to St James in the 1980's to watch Rovers and there was about 12,000 on. Sure it's dangerous for a Rovers fan to comment on such things as gates (we know our place) but then again we don't go on about being such a "massive" club.

So, in the space of a few years you've found another 40,000 fans, I'd say they were glory hunters but that would really be taking the p*** - as this "article". points out, you haven't won an existing domestic trophy since 1955.

It must be hard for such a well supported club to be so unsuccessful, it must really take some doing wasting all that gate money. Good news is though paddy is that with the current management team in place up there you'll be able to keep your record going for a while yet. If you want to come on here talking utter garbage then I'd at least wait until Newcastle have won a trophy so we can take you seriously, until then I'd pipe down a bit.

Well said Bob. We know we`ve got no fans, and struggle to sell out most games. Yet we still out punch the majority of teams in our position.

In fact, in terms of trophies over the last 13 years look at this.

League Titles

Chelsea, United, Arsenal, ROVERS

FA Cups

United , Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton

League Cups

Chelsea, Boro, Liverpool, ROVERS, Leicester, Spurs, Villa, Arsenal

No sign of Newcastle, Brum, City, and all the other MASSIVE clubs!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.