BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

Look I don't want to be the guy that always sticks up for the ex-manager, but where's the disgrace in losing to a side of the quality of Depor?

336544[/snapback]

To be honest this is more of a dig at Fat Freddie. No doubt he decided on the Intertoto adventure before waking up to the fact that lots of other "big" clubs had pooed up their domestic season and had the same idea.

That said, Depor were pretty poor in la liga last season so Newcastle as a Prem side shouldn't have been doubled by them. Depor in the last ten years always seem to be the club Rovers should aim to emulate- similar size stadium , similar size town, both depressed areas and it rains a lot!

Souness comment before the game moaning about the Intertoto and talking about one eye on the opening Arsenal fixture said it all. How I wish I'd stuck money on Depor winning at St James last night.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to love Souness's quotes after the game - 'on another day' we would have won.

'On another day etc etc! Shearer appears to copy some of Souness's quotes these days I have noticed!

Also how he felt that if they went in 1-0, they would have been playing into their favourite end - always used to say that about the Blackburn end from memory......

Souness is finding he is struggling to get a quality of player much better than that he could attract at Rovers.

In other words he's f*cked.

336640[/snapback]

its cos he such a ######, players dont like him!!! ( although i loved him when he was with us, and he even called my phone when i left at a note at the hotel he was staying at in Dubai, very nice of him)

doesnt make any sense why i dont like him hey!!! haha.. but it does to the players

I can't say I ever had a problem with Souness at Rovers until his and his coaching teams lack of tactical and coaching skills seemed so obviously lacking, emphasized by the lack of direction the team seemed to have in 2003/2004 season and at the start of last season.

In the beginning at Rovers he had money to go out and buy well known players for decent money and pay them good wages. When the money started to dry up he had little option but to scout more thoroughly and coach the players he had brought in. He just couldnt do that, and now the same seems to be happening at Newcastle. He has brought in good players in Faye, Emre, Parker & Boumsong along with others like Babayaro and Moore on high wages and high fees but he hasnt a clue how to coach them into a good unit. How much has he spent since January....£20m+???

Look at the change in Rovers squad last year with very little in the way of additions and see the change in the 7 months after Hughes took charge. Very little else but training, fitness and tactical planning!

Not that I'd be bothered if Newcatle suffered as I can't stand the club, never have liked them. Was it Keegan who claimed they were everyone's second favourite team? b*llocks!

I suspect this was the last thing Toon fans wanted to hear.

Tyneside was awash with rumours on Wednesday night that Jenas had been involved in a heated argument with Graeme Souness after being asked to play at full back in the Intertoto Cup defeat by Deportivo La Coruña should Stephen Carr have failed a fitness test, but that allegation has been denied. “This is absolute nonsense,” Souness said.

The Times

The Guardian

Im starting to feel sorry for Souness.

I suspect this was the last thing Toon fans wanted to hear.

Tyneside was awash with rumours on Wednesday night that Jenas had been involved in a heated argument with Graeme Souness after being asked to play at full back in the Intertoto Cup defeat by Deportivo La Coruña should Stephen Carr have failed a fitness test, but that allegation has been denied. “This is absolute nonsense,” Souness said.

The Times

The Guardian

Im starting to feel sorry for Souness.

336774[/snapback]

got this from bbc

Newcastle's England midfield man Jermaine Jenas is set to hand in a transfer request, according to reports.

oh well!!! souness is an arse hole and they want out!!!

later souness i give u 2 months

However, if it is true how much of it would be Souness's fault, or is it Jenas showing more ambition?

I can't believe that any Rovers fan would ask something like this. Maybe he wants to go to a bigger club (that's Spurs, by the way????!!??) but the wonderful Sourpuss personality would also have been a deciding factor.

It's lovely to see everything I said about that man coming true for a team that isn't us. If he buys/inherits good players of course it takes a little time before he ruins them (us for the first two seasons he was here), but eventually they turn into a bunch of no-hopers with no clue and even less heart. Add to that the tactical ineptitude and you have us for the season and a half before the man left.

It's the fact that he doesn't seem to have the brainpower to learn from his mistakes that is stunning. "well, I have this good attacking midfielder, but I've just been to the shops for a new full-back and somehow came back with two more good attacking midfielders (they were a bargain) so I guess he'll have to play at full-back. I'm sure he won't mind as I'm such a lovable character that people will play anywhere for me"

I'm just so glad that he's not our millstone any more. And that it's Newcastle as well is just top!

3 years Jan - he managed to ruin a team that was midtable 1st division to a disgraceful promotion, an outrageous cup win and 10th place finish the next season and finally the coup de grace - finishing 6th in teh Premiership and beating Arsenal (twice), United, Chelsea and putting 4 past Spurs at WHL. An outrage

Not as bad as those non-footballing ones that affect certain people's perspective of a person in the game, though.

336916[/snapback]

Know what you mean Radagast.....i hate speakin to idiot rovers fans who say they hate Souness! When you ask why they say because hes a d i c khead........mmmm ok then!!! Any real reason you would hate a former rovers manager who left the team in a much better position than when he came! The only former bburn manager we should eva hate like that is Brian Kidd!! Not Souey!

Edited by skiporovers

On the eve of the new season it's mighty rib tickling to see Newcastle going into the new season without a fit striker.

The admirable but ageing Shearer injured, Ameobi suspended and Chopra apparently out for 3 months with a longer term injury.

Quite how Souey has managed to turn a top five outfit into such a shambles in such a short space of time is anyone's guess.

Makes our 6th to 15th in one season look almost respectable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.