SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree on the help from Sir Bobby part.

Sir Bobby kept his Newcastle in the top 6 during the last years of his reign didnt he? Two CL qualifications and a UEFA Cup place due to 5th in his last season. Only a poor start during last season, after a handful of games and he was gone. Who is to say, he wouldnt have steadied the ship?

He managed to finish top 6 with the same defence Souness had except Souness added some "quality" with Boumsong and Babayaro.

Now, Sir Bobby managed to get the best out of players such as Robert and Bellamy. Something Souness couldnt do.

HT at Highbury its 0-0 with Newcastle.

Jenas sent off in the 32nd minute, for serious foul play. Thats the way to impress your future employers wink.gif

Can Newcastle hang on for a point with 10 men...

338951[/snapback]

In all fairness i think it was very harsh.. he got the ball.. the way gilberto landed made it look worse than it was. It was never a red in my opinion.

As I'm typing this i've just seen the replay and I stand by what i've just put.. for the first time in my life I find myself agreeing with Andy 'I love Manchester United' gray

I think the ref's yesterday and today went OTT with dishing out red cards as if they were sweets. That Jenas tackle was a "quiet word in the ear job" but yet ref's have to try and make a point and send him off. It wrecked the game completely and turned from an intreaging game into when will Arse score. As for Newcastle, I actually think that if they keep their players fit then they're a top 6 side. People talking of relegation and bottom half are wide of the mark. A midfield of Jenas, Dyer, Emre and Parker is far better than anything we can nearly possess.

As for Newcastle, I actually think that if they keep their players fit then they're a top 6 side. People talking of relegation and bottom half are wide of the mark. A midfield of Jenas, Dyer, Emre and Parker is far better than anything we can nearly possess.

338998[/snapback]

Up until the Jenas sending off, which was on the harsh side IMO, I thought Newcastle were doing alright. Although Souness has left them with very few options upfront (deja vu anyone?) he'll no doubt get Fat Freddy to splash out on a striker or two eventually. Emre and Parker kept the team passing the ball and were doing a god job until they went down to 10 men. If anything I think Newcastle will improve this season with the quality of the new signings showing through.

On the other hand, I thought Arsenal did well, stayed patient and looked like they'll cope with the sale of Viera alot better than most of us thought. Their strength in depth is improving, with players like Hleb and van Persie coming off the bench to change the game around and they still play great flowing, attacking football. Gits.

Up until the Jenas sending off, which was on the harsh side IMO, I thought Newcastle were doing alright. 

Saw the game yesterday. The sending off was a disgrace they will be making the game non contact soon !!! Then I read this morning that the ref changes red to yellow. Whats all that about with eleven v eleven newcastle could have got something out of the match. Parker had a good game and emre looks like he can play a bit. If souness can get owen to partner shearer they should have a good season.

The ref has downgraded the red to a yellow.

339237[/snapback]

Good decision and full marks to the ref for changing the card after viewing it on tv. When Jenas tackled the Arsenal fairy from behind it was a foul and warranted nothing more than a yellow at worst. Despite being hit from behind the fairy actually did two rolls to the side whilst on the floor. Commentators never pick up on this sort of thing. Good job it was Jenas and not Chopper Harris or Norman "Bite Yer Legs" Hunter or the poor fairy would have been crying for his mummy.

I dont agree on the help from Sir Bobby part.

Sir Bobby kept his Newcastle in the top 6 during the last years of his reign didnt he? Two CL qualifications and a UEFA Cup place due to 5th in his last season. Only a poor start during last season, after a handful of games and he was gone. Who is to say, he wouldnt have steadied the ship?

He managed to finish top 6 with the same defence Souness had except Souness added some "quality" with Boumsong and Babayaro.

Now, Sir Bobby managed to get the best out of players such as Robert and Bellamy. Something Souness couldnt do.

338399[/snapback]

I feel Robson was a little unlucky at Newcastle as he was the one who alerted Man U on the availability of Rooney. It could have turned out completely differently if Rooney had signed for Newcastle. One thing is that Robson had respect from the fans and players which is something Souness has never had in Newcastle. The fans just cant stand the guy.

Give Souness time!! Clubs who jump on a managers back after a short amount of time are always cursed! e.g Southampton, Leeds

Not like Alex Ferguson did great his 1st season at Man Utd.......and Wenger and Mourinho only have cos they had almost ready made squads when they got there!

Souness just needs to build his own Newcastle as he built his own Rovers!

(and after the 1st game theres hope, another fine performance from a referee at highbury cost them the game!)

Souness always got top Rovers performances against top teams- difference between then and now is that Rovers won at Highbury and Newcastle lost.

However, Rovers in the first two seasons back needlessly tossed up to ten points a season away against much lesser opposition.

Look at the 2001/2 and 2002/3 tables and see where we would have finished had we not been so careless. Not unlucky one-offs against highly motivated opposition but just rank bad performances where the Rovers team was criminally mentally and physically under-prepared.

If you look back at Rovers' side at that time, Champions League finishes would not have flattered the team we had available.

I see Emre has been ruled out of action for 6 weeks with a hamstring tear  laugh.gif

340212[/snapback]

is that as funny as bellend being ruled out for 6 weeks my friend!! laugh.gif

at least we signed a couple of extra midfielders, who do you have for fulham?? friggin kuqi!!! not a time for laughing cockle thumbs-up.gif

lets be honest here for once, this big club ###### is MEDIA fed, they say it not us, i'm on about signings, the words eggs in one basket springs to mind!! i'm not having a dig, but ?Sparky should have covered more options this close season, is Jansen getting a shot, gallacher, ?

still better than us, we only have 1 striker in our squad for tomorrow!!! (Shearer) still its only the Hammers, not like they are good or owt!!

**tin hat on**

and yes i am prepared to eat my words tomorrow night if needed

is that as funny as bellend being ruled out for 6 weeks my friend!! laugh.gif

at least we signed a couple of extra midfielders, who do you have for fulham?? friggin kuqi!!! not a time for laughing cockle thumbs-up.gif

340231[/snapback]

150 million, won F**k all now thats funny laugh.gif

I'll get yer coat....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.