BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

but lets be honest i dont think you fans would begrudge us getting a trophy would ya??

.....oh how wrong you are! laugh.giflaugh.gif

It just wouldn`t be springtime if you didn`t see geordies crying their eyes out on the telly after yet another humiliation.

....Infact, the first crying geordie i see, i`ll be straight onto the BBCnature 'springwatch' website & telling Bill Oddie

laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be all good until he sells Robert to buy 35 year old Neville Strongbottom from Rangers Reserves

Was he scouted out by Graeme's orange pal Dale?

He already has. Sort of. Ronny Johnson - did he get a start on the left wing at all? I've heard that Souness likes centre backs playing further forward.

He already has. Sort of. Ronny Johnson - did he get a start on the left wing at all? I've heard that Souness likes centre backs playing further forward.

I remember first game of the season- the team was baffling. Matteo in central midfield with Tugay on the bench from the start.

Friedel, Emerton, Amoruso, Short, Gresko, De Pedro, Ferguson, Matteo, Gray, Yorke, Stead

I'm still utterly confused by that team. If anyone else recognised a formation that day please help me. I'd always been a Souness supporter till the shambles that was this starting line up.

• 4 weeks later...
but lets be honest i dont think you fans would begrudge us getting a trophy would ya??

.....oh how wrong you are! laugh.giflaugh.gif

It just wouldn`t be springtime if you didn`t see geordies crying their eyes out on the telly after yet another humiliation.

....Infact, the first crying geordie i see, i`ll be straight onto the BBCnature 'springwatch' website & telling Bill Oddie

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Get him told! laugh.gif

I'm still utterly confused by that team. If anyone else recognised a formation that day please help me. I'd always been a Souness supporter till the shambles that was this starting line up.

Friedel

Amoruso    Short         Gresko Matteo

Gray

Ferguson

Emerton                                                   De Pedro

Yorke    Stead

or:

Friedel

. .             Matteo

Short                            . .              Gray

. .              Gresko

Emerton                                                     . .              De Pedro

. .               Yorke

. .          Ferguson

Stead                           . .            Amoruso

Yes, that is the touchline... ph34r.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Seeing Sh***ers confused and disorientated expression as the final minutes ticked away made my night laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Face it Al .... if you wanted to win trophies you should have stayed with the Rovers wink.gif

Another chapter tonight in the long-running comedy soap opera known as Newcastle United....

The comedy actually started prior to tonight's game. Laurent Robert launched an attack on the club in the press - saying that Newcastle were not good enough to win trophies.

"Are we better than last season? No, I don't think so. Are we the same? No, probably worse. We have not played well in our last three games. We have been very very bad," said Laurent.

A furious Graeme Souness launched a tirade against the French winger.

"Once again we've had to take our eyes off the ball because of the selfish attitude of one of our players," said Souness. "We've been sidetracked by a selfish player at a time when this club is playing it's most important two games in 35 years. It is totally unacceptable," said Souey.

After Kieron Dyer put the Geordies ahead early in the game, Newcastle just had to make sure they didn't concede three goals to go through to the semi-final. Instead they were guilty of capitulation and defensive shambles.

Newcastle needed to keep hold of the ball and not allow Lisbon to get back into the match. But Souness's team decided to press the self-destruct button.

You have to give some credit to the Portugese. They were technically gifted going forward - playing an attractive passing game that made full use of the width of the pitch. But Newcastle were still guilty of some shambolic defending. The 4th goal, where Stephen Carr made a complete mess of things, summed up Newcastle's night.

Earlier in the game, the abrasive Lee Bowyer escaped with a yellow card after another reckless challenge. When will this obnoxious cockney yob ever learn?

And so Souness will be boarding the flight back from Lisbon tonight - in the city where he once managed local rivals Benfica - knowing that once again when Newcastle get close to a trophy, they fail at one of the final hurdles.

I suspect it will be the same for them in the FA Cup this year.

A consolation for Souness in going out tonight is that he can now take his wife out for a meal on Thursday nights.....

(When he was with Rovers, Graeme didn't seem terribly keen on the UEFA Cup, saying that he'd rather be at a restaurant with his wife rather than facing European opposition on a Thursday.)

As he often said - Premiership survival is the main aim.

The good news for Souness is that with another point or two in the League, Newcastle should be safe from relegation this year. The bad news, as Laurent Robert rightly indicated, is that they've gone from being a Top 5 team under Bobby Robson that was challenging for a place in the Champions League, to a mediocre mid-table outfit this season.

Happy days.... smile.gif

Oh, this is just BEAUTIFUL. There is almost nothing that could have made me happier on the eve of our Cup game. This was the one I thought they might win-horror of horrors.

I like the Portugese!!

Just to add to Smithy's post, here's the report about Robert

clicky

Not really surprising to hear that GS doesn't talk to him. This must ring bells with a number of us.

I watched the second half of the Newcastle v Sporting match tonight and was struck by the sheer hopeless lack of intelligence of the Newcastle play. It so much reminded me of our last 12 months with GS in charge.

Thank you Fat Freddie for taking him away, and thank you MH for sorting out the shambles.

How pathetically sad.

Just one day away from Rovers first FA Cup semi final for 45 years, and the hottest thread on the messageboard just now is busy slagging off our ex employees.

The striker who won us the league, and the manager who won us our last cup.

When exactly are you lot going to move on, and enjoy OUR season rather than panning Shearer and Souness for missing out on the last 4 in the UEFA Cup??

Idiots.

The sad one's the one defending him- STILL!!!

Who, Shearer or Souness?

Actually I can't see my post defending anyone - just looking forward to Saturday, as I'm entitled to do having finished work, played a top game of 5-a-side, and packed my bags for tomorrow's journey to Wales.

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

How pathetically sad.

Just one day away from Rovers first FA Cup semi final for 45 years, and the hottest thread on the messageboard just now is busy slagging off our ex employees.

The striker who won us the league, and the manager who won us our last cup.

When exactly are you lot going to move on, and enjoy OUR season rather than panning Shearer and Souness for missing out on the last 4 in the UEFA Cup??

Idiots.

Calm down,

We can discuss Souness' traits as a manager, with reference to his last year as Rovers' manager, and what is happening at Newcastle and look forward to our semi.

Nothing wrong with that. They are two distinct subjects.

It's like chewing gum and walking at the same time.

Take it easy.

Irobnicly, when Souness was managing Benfica, he managed to win his first game against Sporting in Alvalade by 4-1.

Goals by Poborsky, Joao Pinto, Deane and Sousa. biggrin.gif

Hope you got to see some of the youngsters on Sporting. They are very good, specially Moutinho, carlos Martins and Custódio. all of them could be great signings for Rovers. tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.