BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

Oscar Raven - some of your comments have been a bit over the top.

He did us well for a couple of years here etc etc

Personally (like a few others) I am interested to see how he gets on. It feels like I know the way he works because he was here for a few years.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the 10 (and am/was very proud of it). I wish him all the footballing ill in the world. It's enjoyable watching him fail so dramatically and proving all my points so beautifully. Sorry if that's in bad taste, but hey!

I don't care about the big club/small club thing. I was just so glad to see him go. I'd adore it if he was sacked after Ewood, and especially because we won't be paying the bill.

Oh, and I do attend Ewood!!

Oscar Raven - some of your comments have been a bit over the top.

341224[/snapback]

I disagree.

I think some of them have been badly put the basic point in two threads is valid and has stimulated debate.

Can I suggest you spend less time trying to influence the moderators and more time making your point. I have an opinion yes I don't put as elequently as some, but it is my opinion.

You have yours and I respect it even though your wrong.

Being one of the few people who saw how bad for the club that man had become. 

And I think even a bluenose like you would see I was right.

341258[/snapback]

Jan, you never had any wonderful insight into how bad for the club Souness had 'become' - you were wailing away about how he was leading the club into ruin when he took us to sixth place and a cup victory. The fact that things eventually turned sour does not mean you were clairvoyant, it just proves that if you keep repeating the same thing over and over again for eternity, there will probably come a time when what you are saying is accurate.

The fact that I favour Rangers over Celtic has nothing to do with anything involving Rovers.

Edited by Radagast

....looking like Michael Owen might end up at Newcastle on loan. He`s sort of reluctantly agreed a move if Liverpool don`t make a move for him.

As those familiar with my postings here would know, I am an admirer of Souness. However, if he ends up paying a Newcastle club record fee for Owen, he's completely lost it... where he started going wrong was when he compromised his originally successful (with Rovers) frugileness, and started paying over the odds in his transfer dealings.

He's been continuing that at Newcastle, but the Owen transfer would be on a new level of insanity. Wasn't he sold just a season ago by Liverpool to Real Madrid for £8m plus Antonio Nunez... now, Shearer cost the 'pies £15m. So if the transfer record is broken, they are likely to be almost doubling the fee, in a depressed transfer market, paid by Madrid a season ago.

I never even attempted to rationalise Chelsea's transfer madness, but this takes the cake. Just wtf is going on???

just watching some recent games from germany.

Kluivert looked a completely different player from the one we saw last season in the PL, he had an amazing work rate up front for Valencia against Hamburg. Anything to do with Soueys coaching methods perhaps?

Dortmund losing 2-1 to Braunschweig in the DFB cup put a smile on my face too. dry.gif

Signing owen would turn Newcastle into an outfit of real quality. They have spent a massive amount of money but they would have an excellent team with strength in depth (well, in midfield anyway) only really lacking a decent left winger.

Its a bit depressing really, a whole raft of teams we are trying to compete with are buying exceedingly well (Charlton, Spurs, Newcastle, Birmingham, Middlesborough). It will be an up hill struggle to break into the top half of the table, but you know what, I back Hughes to manage it.

ps. I feel for Everton- an excellent performance last season and it all goes to waste because no one want to sign for them. Doesnt bode well for us if we manage their feat, unlikely as it is.

I watched most of that match, and I have to say that Souness is tactically inept. Toon barely looked threatening... all of their attacks came straight down the center of the park, as they have no one capable of putting a decent cross in for Shearer. Ameobi was invisible on the left, Jenas showed nothing, and the Newcastle defense was nowhere to be found for two free headers in the box that accounted for Bolton's goals. Diouf ran rings around the Newcastle defense all day. Henrik Pedersen at left back for Bolton and you can't even challenge him? That's bad.

On the other hand, credit to Bolton for a class performance. The last time I saw them live was the 4-0 drubbing they took from Chelsea probably three years ago, when Hendry was still in the side. In the second half they were knocking it around and absolutely toying with the Newcastle players.

As those familiar with my postings here would know, I am an admirer of Souness. However, if he ends up paying a Newcastle club record fee for Owen, he's completely lost it... where he started going wrong was when he compromised his originally successful (with Rovers) frugileness, and started paying over the odds in his transfer dealings.

He's been continuing that at Newcastle, but the Owen transfer would be on a new level of insanity. Wasn't he sold just a season ago by Liverpool to Real Madrid for £8m plus Antonio Nunez... now, Shearer cost the 'pies £15m. So if the transfer record is broken, they are likely to be almost doubling the fee, in a depressed transfer market, paid by Madrid a season ago.

I never even attempted to rationalise Chelsea's transfer madness, but this takes the cake. Just wtf is going on???

341345[/snapback]

Owen had a year left on his contract at the time, now he has 3 or so. Considering the Owen is the best English striker since Shearer, it wouldn't be a bad deal to get his replacement in, assuming they could convince him to be a long-term replacement.

If Liverpool buys him back, they'll be paying around the same fee. Not bad for a world class striker, considering what Chelsea paid for Drogba.

On the eve of the new season it's mighty rib tickling to see Newcastle going into the new season without a fit striker.

The admirable but ageing Shearer injured, Ameobi suspended and Chopra apparently out for 3 months with a longer term injury.

Quite how Souey has managed to turn a top five outfit into such a shambles in such a short space of time is anyone's guess.

Makes our 6th to 15th in one season look almost respectable.

338392[/snapback]

Just thought I'd drag this back up to the top, 180 minutes, no goals, one point.

The sad thing is he'll probably get the chop before he can send them into terminal decline.

Oops well spotted!

No wonder Owen doesn't want to commit himself there full time.

GS had all summer to bring a striker in knowing full well Bellamy wasn't part of his plans. He's left it until the last minute after bringing in umpteen midfielders and now faces either missing out altogether or paying wildly over the odds for someone.

We're revelling in the misfortune of a Manager who did so much to turn us around in Div 1 and then went on to win us the league cup and see us play in Europe again?.

Compare his record to the likes of Kidd and Hodgson.

Whatever his failings were he did well for Rovers on the whole...I've had a laugh too on this thread but some take it too far...almost akin to a vendetta!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

We're revelling in the misfortune of a Manager who did so much to turn us around in Div 1 and then went on to win us the league cup and see us play in Europe again?.

Compare his record to the likes of Kidd and Hodgson.

Whatever his failings were he did well for Rovers on the whole...I've had a laugh too on this thread but some take it too far...almost akin to a vendetta!

341688[/snapback]

rover.gif agreed most who are sticking the knife in are the one's who backed him to the hilt,personally i fell out with the man after soton away,when he spat his dummy out,but i could'nt bring myself to boo him when he returned with the bar codes tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.