BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

Question for you FLB.......Why employ somebody who has been working for you for years?

382156[/snapback]

Mission accomplished Agent XXXX, return to base in Glasgow...wink.gif

Would be interesting to see just how much money in transfer fees he put Murray's way...

Boumsong was 8 or so million, another 7 or so for Ferguson, Tugay, Amo, Moore, Walters at Liverpool, then Berg and the Eagle going there for free, although admittedly they won't be thanking us too much for that last one. tongue.gif

Of those only Tugay has done the business and he was deemed surplus to requirements at Ibrox.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading, on the BBC, Dean Saunders talking about his dissapointment at John Hartsons retirement from international football, and at the end of the article it states that Saunders is still employed by Newcastle but is currently suspended.

I suppose negotiations must still be going on with Souness' backroom staff as to the terms of their departure.

Eh? Why?  Redundancy is one thing but surely most dismissals should attract no reward whatsoever.   Or else like the Souness saga they actually turn into a scam. 

As for the Souness scam........Are the Mags really that bad?  Or was GS apparently displaying 'characteristic' stubborness in playing Boumsong and Bramble whilst all the while really engineeering his own lucrative exit?  Are all those players really injured enough not to play some part or did he decide they were not quite recovered from injury?  Once the writing was well and truly on the wall he appeared to put Shepherd over a barrell by seemingly playing a team designed to lose. 

Anybody see 'The great rock and roll swindle'?   wink.gif

382155[/snapback]

Question for you FLB.......Why employ somebody who has been working for you for years?

382156[/snapback]

Now that McLeish is soon to be history whats the odds on Souness returning triumphantly to Rangers after shamelessly milking the Prem for all it's worth?

Edited by thenodrog

To think Souness intentionally messed things up at Liverpool so that he could get a nice cheque as he left is ridiculous. He has potentially jeapordised the rest of his career in order to fast-track money he would have recieved anyway, why would anyone do that? If he is purely money run then he could have probably left football ages ago and retired with a nice sum of money, if he has any interest in being involved in football but also likes getting money (don't we all) then there would be no benefit in him messing up his own cv when already under contract.

I'm not saying he planned it over so many years BUT just how much has he received from two clubs in 18 months compared to his basic salary if he had kept BRFC successful? His reward for failure has far outweighed any reward that he would have got for success.

My key comment was about spotting the writing on the wall. Correct me if you disagree eddie but GS appears to me to have been far more intent on planning his exit strategy to his maximum benefit than making the Mags successful.

btw eddie. Have you seen 'The great Rock and Roll Swindle'?

Edited by thenodrog

I heard Chic Murray (Scottish sports writer) say " after his failures at his last two clubs, Rangers wouldn't want him"

But then he said "he's heading to Australia anyway"

Cheers- you Aussies're welcome to him!!!

However- Radio 5 also said "the Rangers job is the only one going at the moment that Martin O'Neill isn't favourite to get smile.gif I laughed!

Edited by Jan

Hasn't Paul le Guen already been appointed at Ibrox?

I have not followed it closely but I saw headlines to that effect two days ago.

383024[/snapback]

blink.gif That is unbelievable, I thought that he was waiting for a Manc or Madrid offer but Rangers? Talk about taking a step back in your career, I suppose the man likes a challenge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.