BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

Did anyone see if Todd actually made contact with his two finger prod toward's the Kiwi's eyes yesterday?

The New Zealander certainly went down as if he had, and Todd did go and chat with him as they walked off at half time. Strange that Todd was substituted at half time - maybe Hughes saw the incident and brought him off because of it.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stupid and pointless action. I'll defend any player geeting cautioned for a fierce tackle as long as they are going for the ball but this was gormless. Why cannot these numpties not grasp that everything they do is picked up by half a dozen cameras and played over and over in slow motion?

Sorry thats a stupid question cos most footballers are terminally thick.

I know this was only a friendly but what I do think is that referees should have another coloured card at their disposal (e.g. Blue) that constitutes a 'replaceable' sending off. Todd would have gone off and suffered suspension / fine / club discipline etc but Hughes could have replaced him with the team and supporters not punished and disadvantaged by being treated to yet another 11 v 10 charade.

Sounds like we have been very lucky pre-season. Both Todd and Savage have walked a stupid tightrope by all accounts.

We'd better get signing recruits quick to cover for the inevitable suspensions.

If we come bottom of the Fair Play list three years running, I think we run the risk of starting next season with a points deduction don't we?

If we come bottom of the Fair Play list three years running, I think we run the risk of starting next season with a points deduction don't we?

It would be an achievement akin to Chelsea winnning their third title in a row

Sounds like we have been very lucky pre-season. Both Todd and Savage have walked a stupid tightrope by all accounts.

We'd better get signing recruits quick to cover for the inevitable suspensions.

town teams arent wanted in the premiership, i reckon we'd just get relegated. :D

i noticed a heated scuffle, but didnt see todd poke anyone between the eyes (that said i didnt notice ped was wearing number 12 :D ).

in my opinion, todd and nelson are our best pairing. i may be alone, but i dont see lucas neill as being the greatest centre half the world has ever seen. then again i'm not australian. ;)

Maybe not Pleasure but Neill has now proved that he can do a more than passable job right along the back 4. Which is not an inconsiderable benefit to a team with a small squad like ours. We need to keep him imo.

Edited by thenodrog

Maybe not Pleasure but Neill has now proved that he can do a more than passable job right along the back 4. Which is not an inconsiderable benefit to a team with a small squad like ours. We need to keep him imo.

i agree with you, but we're not exactly struggling for cover at CB. the same cant be said for the RB position though.

i'd be astonished if neill plays as a CB at pompey.

EDIT!!!! injuries permitting.

Edited by pleasure

i agree with you, but we're not exactly struggling for cover at CB. the same cant be said for the RB position though.

i'd be astonished if neill plays as a CB at pompey.

I think alot will depend on the Ooijer deal. If he comes in this week then I'd expect Neil to stay at CB with Ooijer right back. I wonder how Nelsen's injury is healing up?

It certainly seemes from my vantage point that Todd poked the NZ guy in the eye . As long as he's on the pitch he's an accident waiting to happen . A total liability .

As for Savage , it was quite amusing to see him have a tussle with the gigantic NZ No 5 ....and then slink away and take his revenge with a typically stupid challenge on an entirely innocent - but much smaller - NZ player on the wing .

At least he has more sense than Todd :)

It certainly seemes from my vantage point that Todd poked the NZ guy in the eye . As long as he's on the pitch he's an accident waiting to happen . A total liability .

As for Savage , it was quite amusing to see him have a tussle with the gigantic NZ No 5 ....and then slink away and take his revenge with a typically stupid challenge on an entirely innocent - but much smaller - NZ player on the wing .

At least he has more sense than Todd :)

Well, considering 1) that the referee didn't hesitate to book 2 New Zealanders in the game and 2) he saw the incident, I'd guess that it wasn't a poke in the eye and yet again we're hearing the the ravings of the paranoid Todd-haters which should just be ignored. They've been jumping on any bandwagon to diss him since he argued with you know what.

Oh and Neill was NOT good at CB. His awareness- or lack of it- was apparent throughout the second half when he didn't have a real centre back to cover. He doesn't pass well (Todd does) he doesn't tackle cleanly( Nelsen does). The only real chance NZ had was a Neill pass across the defence a la Darren Peacock which went to the NZ forward who had sneaked behind him. He's fine as a right back, where there's a good defender covering him, but at CB his lapses would have cost goals against decent opposition. (He's still very pretty though)

Edited by Jan

Well, considering 1) that the referee didn't hesitate to book 2 New Zealanders in the game and 2) he saw the incident, I'd guess that it wasn't a poke in the eye and yet again we're hearing the the ravings of the paranoid Todd-haters which should just be ignored. They've been jumping on any bandwagon to diss him since he argued with their love.

I was the one who brought up the Todd finger-in-the-eye incident, and I'm anything but a Todd hater. Indeed, on another forum my user name is AndyToddDemiGod.

I await your apology. ;)

I was the one who brought up the Todd finger-in-the-eye incident, and I'm anything but a Todd hater. Indeed, on another forum my user name is AndyToddDemiGod.

I await your apology. ;)

Ah now I know your alias.......watch your back. ;) the stalker :D

I think we all know Todd has a few agression problems IMO a la Wayne Rooney. i'm not making no comparison as in ability but just in the way that they can lose their rag very easily and do something stupid like poking a Kiwi in the eyes or standing on someones nuts ala Rooney. I would be very suprised if we see Todd starting many games this season as if we bring in Ooijer we'd have Neill & Nelsen as our first choice partnership with Zurab as a possibility from the bench and not many managers place to centre halves on the bench these days do they?

If Neill decides he will see out this season, Todds days may be numbered IMO as a Rovers player.

Given his choice in the matter, Sparky would like to be able to select his backline from Neill, Oijers, Zura, Nelsen, Todd and Gray (plus another signing?). Of that list, Todd is the least naturally gifted so is likely to see more of the bench this season but his days would only be numbered if he has another temper tantrum.

I await your apology. ;)

Me too. I defended (the completely innocent) Todd to the hilt after the Van Persie witchhunt. I also pointed out that there were extenuating circumstances when he had just been studded in the groin immediately before he kicked Dugarry, and stamped on by Reid before similar retaliation against Spurs. Also I rate him more than most on here as a defender. But yesterdays action whether he connected with the Kiwi's eye or not was just plain stupidity (and could never be described as a heat of the moment red mist)... as was his very public spat with Hughes.

Punch-up with Dean Kiely at Charlton

Bust-up with Souey

Kicked Dugarry's behind

'Challenge' on Van Persie

Anymore? I'm sure there are. I must say, as much as the battery of Dugarry was mildly amusing, it must surely rank alongside Garry Flitcroft's two-footed challenge on a Trond Soltvedt which ended any hope of him playing in the Worthy Finals.

it must surely rank alongside Garry Flitcroft's two-footed challenge on a Trond Soltvedt which ended any hope of him playing in the Worthy Finals.

I defended Flitty there too. Hard but fair nothing worse. Flitcroft played the ball first by a mile. The fact that Soltvedt was already a foot in the the air and screaming like a stuck pig went heavily against Flitty that evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Get rid of the whinging f**ker. Every time something doesn't go right for him he spits the dummy.

Best rid...

Totally Agree. Andy Todd is not a footballer. Zura constantly shows that he is in a higher class than Todd and will be better off at the back with him and Nelson.

I have an idea. Sell Todd and use the cash for Distan.

It would appear that Mr. Todd has thrown his toys out of the pram based on one game!Apparently,he didn't like being dropped

Poor timing of such a manoeuver !

Florida Rover

PS How much would he fetch?

Was he wrong? His replacement covered himself in SUCH amounts of glory, and Zurab was so strong and skilled too.

Edited by Jan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.