BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

I can't really see how losing Todd would be a problem. Zurab and Nelsen are patently better players, Neill is decent in the centre and Ooijer must get better.

Agreed this 100%. Actually I'm very glad if Todd leave to away.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does everyone forget that Todd had Henry in his pocket last year? He is an excellent defender, and played much better than Zurab last year. Zurab comes in and has a decent game aginast Chelsea and all of a sudden he's better than Todd, who didn't even play against Chelsea?

To be fair I have always thought that Zurab is a better player than Todd not just based on that last performance. More pace, more technique, calmer, less prone to give away fouls and penalty. Sure Kishi lacks the physical dimension of Andy but overall you have to admit it will hardly be a critical blow if we lose our crazy captain.

Also I have been completely mystified as to why Nelsen was not made club captain at the start of the season.

Quite frankly, I wouldnt be sad to see Toddy leave, though I do worry with this lack of depth considering we are in Europe this year. If I was Hughes i would get an extra player in, and concentrate on getting our league season back on track.

I think results in the Prem are more important than Europe.

Andy Todd has been Rovers player of the year twice out of the last 3 seasons, a couple of bad games does not make him a bad player.

I remember him starting last season pretty slowly but he got much better as the season went on, and for me, he's a better defender than Zurab (who is good also)

With Todd, we have 4 solid centre backs and thats more than most clubs can boast.

If Todd goes, it will be bad for the squad as it means if 2 players out of Nelsen,Ooijer and Zurab get injured, we are in deep ###### AGAIN.

It's my bet though, that Andy Todd will still be a Rovers by Friday

It's amazing how people can constantly defend this cowardly human being. He's a spineless person and an average player, we don't need him at this club.

He played his part in the farcical Pompey defeat, did his best to gift Everton a victory by hauling Johnson to the ground and then was dropped for an established international...then has the cheek to moan.

The sooner he goes and passes the armband on to Nelsen, the better.

Andy Todd has been Rovers player of the year twice out of the last 3 seasons, a couple of bad games does not make him a bad player.

I remember him starting last season pretty slowly but he got much better as the season went on, and for me, he's a better defender than Zurab (who is good also)

With Todd, we have 4 solid centre backs and thats more than most clubs can boast.

If Todd goes, it will be bad for the squad as it means if 2 players out of Nelsen,Ooijer and Zurab get injured, we are in deep ###### AGAIN.

It's my bet though, that Andy Todd will still be a Rovers by Friday

I'd agree with that.

It's amazing how people can constantly defend this cowardly human being. He's a spineless person and an average player, we don't need him at this club.

Eh? Cowardly.... Spineless? Where have you formed that nonsense from?

Oh btw Nelsens injured and no one appears to know for how long.

I was meant to put in brackets about Ooijer's performance but it slipped my mind. Had Todd played well in the first two games then you would have some sympathy, but it's not the first time he's spat the dummy and it won't be the last.

He was sold by both Charlton and Bolton for attacking his own teammates in training.

He's a thug, end of story.

That said, when he puts his mind to it, he's actually a very capable centre half who is a very valuable member of the squad. I would not like to lose him, especially as we have already sold Bellamy and Dickov - if we are not careful, we might start becoming popular and easy to play against. None of us wants that.

When will the supposed "fans" on this board realise that having a player who is recognised as a thug in your squad is NOT a positive thing - Especially as captain!

How can you cheer for someone who blatantly cheats, acts violently and/or gets sent off, and justify it by saying things like:

"HAHA IT WAS SO FUNNY WHEN ANDY TODD KICKED DUGARRY UP THE ARSE!!"

Idiots.

TODD OUT. Hopefully in a matter of hours...

I don’t recall anyone laughing spencey, only at the suggestion that you could confuse Dugarry’s face with his arse. No one was condoning Todd’s actions. Some come down of your high horse you “idiot”. It can be difficult trying to read but please take the time, it’s sometimes rewarding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.