BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

was soooo funny when he kicked dugarry up the arse though

laugh.gif   laugh.gif   laugh.gif

Not really. It ended up costing us 2 points.

sad.gif

It was bloody hilarious.

Sometimes a player gets exactly what he deserves. hope it hurt.

It would have been bloody hilarious if it had been done in the 90th minute. Instead it was done mid-match in front of the ref with a 1 goal lead. It was a stupid play and Andy would be the first to tell you. Now if Dingleberry had been stretchered off.......

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was soooo funny when he kicked dugarry up the arse though

Not really. It ended up costing us 2 points.

sad.gif

So basically was the difference that year of us ending up in sixth versus us ending up in sixth...

Well worth it.

Yeeeaaaaaahh. And one can always tell at mid-season exactly where everyone will finish in the table. Possession of this talent allows for certain individuals to jeopardize points in the table, that they know we won't need months in advance, for personal entertainment purposes.

wink.gifrolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...
rover.gif the stigma that follows mr todd around will unfortunatley follow him around for ever,yesterday may have been accidental,but somehow i think not.but it does not deflect from him being a fantastic player,just his make up is a little tianted ala killer keeley tinykit.gif

Dirty player? Naah.

If you want to point out a dirty player, just cast your mind back to the notlob game at Ewood when a certain cheating centre forward deliberately elbowed the mighty Mr Todd in the face whilst jumping with him for the ball. All of the action replays showed what Todd and Nelsen do every time they go to head the ball, namely to focus SOLELY on doing just that, whilst the cheating Notlobber (Diouch I think he is known as) clearly eyeballed Todders before leading with his arm. THAT IS A DIRTY PLAYER.

I will keep repeating this till I am Bluer in the face - FOOTBALL IS A CONTACT SPORT. SIMULATION of the type exhibited shamelessly yesterday by Arse players, IS AGAINST THE LAWS OF THE GAME.

Nuff said.

Couldn't agree more. We cant have football turning into a basketball type sport with minimal contact and fouls being called up left right and centre. About 15 years ago it was legal to take down the player first as long as you got the ball afterwards. I'm not saying thats right (cause its not), i'm just showing how things have changed. If we're going to go for the ball no matter how unlikely it is that we're gonna get it, then we're (and Tood's) gonna be called bully's.

i never thought of toddy as a dirty player, ands till don't but i used to think that he could flip during a game and put us down to ten men at any given moment....i.e. dugarry situation.

toddy has grown up and seems to be a lot better football player for his discipline and given the captaincy hsa given him added responsibility to which he has responded very very well...for himself, the club and the fans.

who ever told you that mate, must have just downed 10 pints of xxxx, cause i used to talk crap after drinking that aswell.

Todds not a dirty player, van muppet ran into him. It did bring a smile to my face though.

Todd was running back into the penalty area with his eyes fixed on the goal; net; other defenders; whatever............ He was unaware of Van Persie but he was travelling at speed; i.e.running (and when you run your elbows stick out a bit).

Van Persie turned rapidly to his left (wheeled around to celebrate if you would) and, unfortunately, got slammed in the mouth by Todds elbow/shoulder/upper arm.

Van Persie rolling on the ground, holding his head was the first time an Arsenal player was justified in doing so. All his comrades before him were play-actors; and this is what genuine football fans in this country are getting p***ed off with.

I get sick of the media. In September they had us down for relegation certainties. Then Souness left ( thank goodness) and Sparky and his team have turned us around to keep us in the Prem and take us to an F A Cup semi-final. We play like Everton. Do the media slag off Everton??

Let's adopt the Millwall slogan and shout to the world:-

NO ONE LIKES US....................WE DON'T CARE!!!!

Have I digressed? Sorry.

Van Persie rolling on the ground, holding his head was the first time an Arsenal player was justified in doing so.

Dickov played with a cut mouth for the last 20 minutes of the game. Didn't see him rolling about on the ground

What a stupid thread. Todd is hard but fair and theres nothing wrong with that.

Ferdinands boot was almost 6ft off the ground when he KICKED Shearer in the head.......... and in the penalty area too. Just as with Todd/van Persie it was an accident but how much sh1t has he had to take from it since? None! The press/media dare not give Utd any sh1t cos fergy has no hesitation in banning them........ and they need to report on Utd far more than they need to report on us. Just as they manipulate and pressurise the refs and the authorities these managers of big clubs manipulate and pressurise the media to their own advantage.

van persie---'It's hard for me to judge if it was an accident but he wasn't anywhere near me and then he was suddenly jumping into me with his arm up.' that sounds like he is accusing todd doesn't it?

Edited by robbojohnno

Before the days of Jack the Ripper, it was Mr Todd who gained particular notoriety in the country.

Sweeney Todd enjoyed shaving the faces of gentleman who were never seen again. The mythical barber cut their throats and the remains were then served up in a meat pie.

To judge from reading some of today's press and listening to the weekend phone-in's, Andy Todd is just as much a violent monster as his more famous namesake - for giving Van Persie a cut lip.

"Blackburn are in disgrace," said the Observer.

"THUGS!" screamed a headline in one of the red-tops.

If the elbow was deliberate, then I wouldn't in any way condone it. But I feel that some of the anti-Rovers press coverage in this case has been a tad over the top.

Todd is adamant that it was an accident. He says that he apologised to the Arsenal players and that he hadn't meant it. I intitially thought it was deliberate, but I'm prepared to give Todd the benefit of the doubt.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the FA. Will they be able to prove 100% that it was deliberate? Will they be relishing the thought of punsishing little Rovers - who had the audacity to reach the last four and then complain about the kick-off time?

What perhaps doesn't help Todd's case is that he has "previous" as far as other facial injuries are concerned.

At Bolton, he was shown the door by Bog Sam after he gave the assistant manager Phil Brown a broken cheekbone and a fractured jaw. At Charlton, he gave goalkeeper Dean Kiely a black eye on the training ground.

I must admit that Todd, despite playing well this season, has never been my favourite player. Those two previous assaults at Bolton and Charlton can't be condoned. Plus he refused to pull on the Rovers shirt last season.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

It seemed pretty clear to me watching the replay that he was trying to shoulder barge him a little in frustration, but Van Persil turned into him and so got hit much harder than intended.

Not that clever, but understandable, and certainly not worth pursuing further.

I can absolutely prove that Todd did not nail Van Persie.

Take a look at BBC's virtual replay of the goal here..

If you view the action from Andy Todd's perspective you'll see that he's nowhere near Van persie!!!

According to the BBC it was Ryan Nelson all along.

However what is even more conclusive is if you watch it from Van Persie's view on 3rd person perspective. If you slow it down and advance a frame at a time you'll see that after he scored he doesn't touch the Rovers player at all. He gets quite close to him and just dives. Cheat. Must have had fake blood in his mouth to make it look worse.

I can absolutely prove that Todd did not nail Van Persie.

Take a look at BBC's virtual replay of the goal here..

If you view the action from Andy Todd's perspective you'll see that he's nowhere near Van persie!!!

According to the BBC it was Ryan Nelson all along.

However what is even more conclusive is if you watch it from Van Persie's view on 3rd person perspective. If you slow it down and advance a frame at a time you'll see that after he scored he doesn't touch the Rovers player at all. He gets quite close to him and just dives. Cheat. Must have had fake blood in his mouth to make it look worse.

I'm honestly not saying this to be biased but i truely dont think Andy meant to harm Robin. Although the end picture looks hilarious. I think the cheat put it on...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.