SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd has denied the charge.

He will recieve his punishment tomorrow.

If he denies it doesn't he get a chance to present evidence?

Remember when atouba denied violent conduct when he attacked dickov and got away with it mad.gif

If you look at that clip both of them are very clearly watching the ball in and although todds momentum takes him towards RvP, equally RvP runs into todd!

todd has proven to us that under the reign of a proper manager (unlike souness) that he is a solid, hardworking defender, he is not a dirty player as were half of those arsenal players who seemed to tumble when someone breathed on them (eg patrick viera). so these southern media types (daily mail) ought to get their facts right!!!

ps-well done morten for ensuring premiership survival 2nite wink.gif

Might be worth the Rovers/Todd taking a well-recognised litigation lawyer to the hearing who sits there taking copious notes.

That would concentrate the FA minds on hearing the case on its merits.

We wont have the chance as we have no representation at the hearing.

Under the FA’s fast-track system, a disciplinary commission panel will sit in judgment on Todd, remarkably without hearing from the player or from anybody connected with Rovers in person.

That has angered and astounded Hughes who said: “We are desperately disappointed he is going to have to go through this FA hearing which we feel is very unfair.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/04/21/story199059.html

FA "What have you got to say for yourself Mr Todd?"

AT "It was an accident, he just turned into me."

FA "Really? Oh well, sorry about that, we got a bit confused, on your way now and enjoy the rest of the season."

I wasn't far wrong then laugh.gif

Good news - but what a complete waste of everyone's time.

FA "What have you got to say for yourself Mr Todd?"

AT "It was an accident, he just turned into me."

FA "Really? Oh well, sorry about that, we got a bit confused, on your way now and enjoy the rest of the season."

I wasn't far wrong then laugh.gif

Good news - but what a complete waste of everyone's time.

"In other news, Blackburn Rovers have been cited by the sports governing bodies due to a member of their fan base seeming to have an undeclared conflict of interest due to appearing to hold vast sway and influence over the FA's disciplinary commitee."

I can see the back page indignation already..

That is brilliant news. It would have been a disgrace if he had been banned for a couple of the remaining games. He has turned his career around at Rovers and has been Rovers player of the season and he deserves to finish the season off with Rovers, in the team and as captain.

Great news. biggrin.gif

Todd wasn't exactly my No.1 player for his first 12 months or so at the club, but I'm honest enough to admit that he's won me over big time. That stint at the Dingles must have really hit home how low he had sunk! tinykit.gif

And I can't see beyond him for a 2nd successive Player of the Year. tinykit.gif

From Football365

Manager Mark Hughes was concerned, though, the player would not get a fair hearing as the club were only able to submit a letter and DVD in support of Todd. Hughes stated after Wednesday night's 1-0 Ewood Park victory over Crystal Palace that the evidence was "inconclusive" and urged the FA to "see sense".

A DVD? Wonder what they chose? Fight Club? Peter Kay? Highlights of our season? laugh.gif

I have just heard that Todd is contemplating taking action against a number of national newspapers. If this is true good on him - as fans we should launch a class action against the Express on Sunday (I think) which call Blackburn fans a group of one eyed freaks ithink it was - As I have 2 eyes (albeit with glasses) surely this is classed as slander and I am due compensation!! wink.gif

as fans we should launch a class action against the Express on Sunday (I think) which call Blackburn fans a group of one eyed freaks ithink it was

What context was that said in and has anybody got the article to hand because that is outrageous and totally unfounded slander and unless they can prove that they will be hearing from my lawyer.....me!

Toddy should sue every paper that has called him "idiot", "thug" and some of the other things because it is a disgrace that they have ripped into him so personally when ignoring the thuggish behaviour of such players as viera, fabregas, scholes...big club players so they leave them alone mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.