BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

I also want Todd to regain his selfrespect and get some form of apology to the slanderous comments he has received. Apparently Andy Neild in the LET last night told the story of 2 journalists who had missed the incident after the 3rd goal and wrote vicious lies about it the following day. He did not name them but said they worked for reputable Sunday newspapers. I hope they are first in the queue for sueing.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the FA saw the light and dropped the charge.... maybe seeing the actions of their celebrated Manure team made them realize Todd wasn't so bad after all! smile.gif

The FA showing some spine.. incredible... still shocked. Hopefully Todd can get some payback from the media, he deserves it!

have watched it over and over again, forget the movement of van persie for now, study todd closely and he makes a definate movement to the right -

Silly sod! Never mind Todd moving imperceptibly to the right RVP is making a definite and fast move to the left! Has anybody ever considered that if Todd had intended to collide with RVP and 'do' him then he was going in the wrong direction altogether prior to the incident?

So many people who only see what they want to see without the intelligence / experience / nous to think things through properly have sanctimoniously gobbed off about this and it ticks me off no end.

I may be being naive but I dont think its that cut and dried Bob. I think the FA have been painted into a corner by the media and do not really feel strong enough to be seen NOT to investigate. They will not want to be perceived as ignoring the issue but will be honour bound (irony eh huh.gif ) to be seen to be doing something. However to anybody with half a brain will see that the video evidence totally exonerates him. Its completely obvious and the simplest of defences to point out that anybody deliberately setting out to elbow somebody will raise the elbow before contact not after!

A warning as to his future conduct or similar may be the outcome imo but even that is unfair and will label him as a dirty player in the eyes of some.

Obvious really.......... wink.gif

I'm glad the FA saw the light and dropped the charge.... maybe seeing the actions of their celebrated Manure team made them realize Todd wasn't so bad after all! smile.gif

The FA showing some spine.. incredible... still shocked. Hopefully Todd can get some payback from the media, he deserves it!

I think it just proves even further that the FA are in fact spineLESS. I think he was only brought up on charges due to the media. I think they dropped the charges because they knew Todd had done no wrong. To me it rings of the FA trying to please everyone. They think the media go away happy because at least they got charged and they think Rovers, their fans and Todd go away happy because he was not guilty. Meanwhile all around them the game as we know and love it contiues to crumble.

Apparently the FA clearing Todd hasnt had any effect on soccernet.com,

Fresh comments have sprung up today,

"The most fouls committed by any Premiership team"

which I believe wasnt Blackburn, rather Villa

"If he didn't mean or intend to foul him, how is it that his elbow is up? No one, save a girl, runs like that. "

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=331309&cc=3888

If Todd wants to sue anyone we be behind him all the way !

rover.gif The FA have made thamselves look stupid. They charge Todd only to drop it when he pleads not guilty. What kind of people are running the game. If they think that someone whoever it is, should be charged they should at least have a hearing. Not saying Todd was guilty but come on , the fa obviously thought he may be to charge him, then they change their mind. Egg on yer face FA. Get your act together.

Toddy for England !

Interesting that everyone slagging off the FA has gone quiet...not quite as fun if we're not being hard done to is it?  Still...there's still the media topic to rant in.

Err, not really. If you read my post it is not entirely endearing is it now. I am anti FA at the moment and have been for sometime. (my disdain, I think runs all the way back to them not appointing Brian Clough as England manager) I simply do not like the way they run things. They seem totally clueless most of the time and they portray to me a clear and present bias.

Edited by USABlue

Interesting that everyone slagging off the FA has gone quiet...not quite as fun if we're not being hard done to is it?  Still...there's still the media topic to rant in.

Err, not really. If you read my post it is not entirely endearing is it now. I am anti FA at the moment and have been for sometime. (my disdain, I think runs all the way back to them not appointing Brian Clough as England manager) I simply do not like the way they run things. They seem totally clueless most of the time and they portray to me a clear and present bias.

I didn't mean you USA, but this topic got about 4 or 5 pages of talk when people could complain, since he's been acquitted it's barely got 1. wink.gif

ummmmmm, yep..... = FA done the right thing = shhhhhhhhhh

FA done the wrong thing = WE'RE DONE AGAINST DISGRACE BIG CLUB BIAS SACK THE FA RIGHT NOW

Oh God, sorry....errrrmmmm........there's the media one still going. Go in that one, we're so hard done over there.

rolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that I now think that I was wrong to suggest that Todd intentionally felled Van Persie in the FA Cup semi-final (although I did not think it was malicious, nor did he lose any respect from me because I did not blame him in the slightest).

In the pre-match analysis of the FA Cup final, I had a look at the incident from an angle I had not seen before (almost directly behind the players), and I am almost completely sure that Todd did not intend to do anything to Van Persie.

EDIT: Van Persie, not Reyes. D'oh.

Edited by James No. 7

In the pre-match analysis of the FA Cup final, I had a look at the incident from an angle I had not seen before (almost directly behind the players), and I am almost completely sure that Todd did not intend to do anything to Reyes.

317935[/snapback]

probably not, however whether he intentionally planned to rearrange Van Percy's face with his shoulder is a different matter. (im thinking not)

In the pre-match analysis of the FA Cup final, I had a look at the incident from an angle I had not seen before (almost directly behind the players), and I am almost completely sure that Todd did not intend to do anything to Reyes.

317935[/snapback]

probably not, however whether he intentionally planned to rearrange Van Percy's face with his shoulder is a different matter. (im thinking not)

317939[/snapback]

You could at least get his name right Flopsy, it's Van Muppet, and like Reyes he goes over with a slight breeze (possibly requiring a stretcher, only to return to the field three minutes later) dry.gif

317935[/snapback]

317939[/snapback]

Meh, I edited my post to correct the name... they both dive, so it might as well had been Reyes who Todd accidentally knocked over.

• 10 months later...

I think he did fairly well out there today, but trowing away the armband like he did just symbols a lack of respect. I've said it before and I say it again, that is not the kind of player I want to be captain at Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

I think he was annoyed at the ref at not giving him a foul because I think he thought he got kicked, throwing the armband was just frustration.

I think when hughsie asked him why he did it it looked like (lip-reading) he said ''he kicked me'' then he shook he head at the ref.

Much ado about nothing in my view. I thought he had a decent game tonight and throwing the armband down was in sheer frustration at getting injured imo.

Remains to be seen as to whether Hughes sees it that way as he has strangely preferred Zurab recently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.