BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

To the anti Todd league-  Is it just coincidence that our recent bad run has occured when Todd has been out?

400840[/snapback]

IMO - no coincidence at all. We are definitely weaker for it.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to watch the game in full and really what the ferk are being getting wound up about so he threw an armband behind him so what who cares its a sodding piece of cloth. He was clearly disappointed that he had to go off thro injury when he just got selected again. If toddy had took his shirt off and thrown it at Hughes then maybe we have a problem but a captains armband no way. What is the point of a captain anyway other than to give you double fantasy lg points all they do is a toss a coin at the beginning and hold aloft any trophies first. They don't perform any better or score goals because they are captain you can't tell me that a prem player these days is actually bothered about being captain of the club do they pay the captain more money ? We have more important things to worry about !

BTW we were crap again and got we deserved nowt !!! a strike partner for bellamy please in the summer.

He was clearly disappointed that he had to go off thro injury when he just got selected again.

400995[/snapback]

That is right. That is all.

However I don't agree about your general assessment of being a prem captain. They have a job as role model for younger players, support the team and be the leader on the pitch - the managers voice out there. In that respect perhaps Nelsen is better suited but I have no complaints about Todd.

Van Persie turned rapidly to his left  (wheeled around to celebrate if you would) and, unfortunately, got slammed in the mouth by Todds elbow/shoulder/upper arm.

310151[/snapback]

There was nothing unfortunate about it, it was bloody hilarious.

Todd is an excellent professional defender. He always was a fair but rough tackler, and now he's stamped the random temper tantrums out of his game too.

There was nothing unfortunate about it, it was bloody hilarious.

Todd is an excellent professional defender. He always was a fair but rough tackler, and now he's stamped the random temper tantrums out of his game too.

401606[/snapback]

He displayed just how well he's done that by throwing the armband on the floor and having a hissy fit when he was substituted.

He displayed just how well he's done that by throwing the armband on the floor and having a hissy fit when he was substituted.

401685[/snapback]

why condem the guy for that? he should be admired for showing personal pride and passion and that he cares!

You are pathetic

401695[/snapback]

manchester blue....your middle name aint souness is it, by any chance? you might want to change it!!

everybody has differing opinions on the way toddy acted when he threw his armband down. some see it as pure frustration after getting back into the team, others are not as kind as that...and think he should have shown more respect towards that captains armband and the honour that he has, by being our captain.

pathetic, hhhmmm....now that is a word i would associate with people when they keep harping on about mr graeme souness!!

Edited by Blueboy Downunder

Jan I think we all know who on this board is pathetic. Billy please don't put those kind of images in our heads again, however funny it may be.

Put simply I don't buy this "it's nice to see players showing passion" attitude. If a player has a problem he should deal with it behind closed doors with the boss. If the boss is unapproachable then fair do's but I don't believe that of Hughes. That's just my opnion by the way so if that makes me pathetic so be it.

401685[/snapback]

No no Manc.

He's displayed it by being our player of the season two years running, and by putting in some sterling performances this season, icluding the world class display against Henry and his Arse.

No no Manc.

He's displayed it by being our player of the season two years running, and by putting in some sterling performances this season, icluding the world class display against Henry and his Arse.

401770[/snapback]

The comment was in reply to a comment that he has managed to remove the temper tantrums from his game, something which is clearly untrue given recent events as well as his 3 match ban earlier in the season for head-butting. He's been very good over the last 2 years but not good enough to get away with being a liability at times. Nelsen will almost certainly be player of the year this season and has set the bar as to what we need from a defender if we are to progress.

No no Manc.

401770[/snapback]

Arsenal only failed to equalise when Senderos put his free header over the bar. Todd was marking him!

401685[/snapback]

That hardly matters. I'm talking about things like belting Dugarry up the arse. Though admittedly, there was the headbutt on Reid earlier in the season...but that pillock had just injured him a second before.

he should be admired for showing personal pride and passion and that he cares!

401703[/snapback]

Don't make me laugh, after he refused to take his place on the bench under Souness he should never have been allowed to pull on the blue and white shirt again.

I wouldn't be too hasty in letting him go. Provided we can get in a quality centre half to replace him then I think it would be okay. Off the top of my head I can only think of Lescott and Curtis Davies who could be available and do a steady job.

402281[/snapback]

i think Curtis Davis will be joining arsenal this summer

Don't make me laugh, after he refused to take his place on the bench under Souness he should never have been allowed to pull on the blue and white shirt again.

402260[/snapback]

gav, gav, gav, gav, gav rolleyes.gif

the reason he refused:- was that he was picked on the friday afternoon, with short on the bench. team -sheets went in, as usual and short was in instead of him. no explanation by souness ohmy.gif and when todd 'asked' for an explanation souey gave him the silent treatment! an argument then insued.

he's been great for us in recent seasons (since his return from 'rovers finishing school') and was great at 'big club last' wk (you must have seen that? you had a better view than me!).

when he was nearly out the door @ rovers (and i was moving house) he offered me his furniture! i'm not letting that cloud my judgement though. wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.