BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amo here too. I think the Leeds game was his first back since the injury. If I remember rightly, Short and Todd were both appalling at the spineless defeat at Liverpool the week before.

You're wrong mate, It was Amo he was dropped for.

short and Todd played the week before in the 4-0 loss to Liverpool

402349[/snapback]

apologies, paying to price for trying to be precise! amo ohmy.gif people should be more sympathetic (to todd) in that case! laugh.gif

had short in mind. maybe he had a similar run in ?.... likely.

thanks for reminding me about the liverpool game. 4-0 battering (over before half-time) and a parking ticket for my trouble (after being told where to park by a 'busy!'). mad.gif

and that should blow a great big hole in the theory that Todd should be disciplined/sacked/sold because of his behaviour at Brum.

402698[/snapback]

Why Den? I've said before I could understand his frustration if it was just injury related. However he clearly didn't want to come off and continued to argue with Hughes on the bench.

Any news on the knee injury?

402942[/snapback]

On Radio Lancs today Hughes was quoted as saying a scan had been done and it was not good news. A decision would have to be made as to whether an operation was necessary.

Bad news:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=366057&cc=5739

Todd may need knee surgery. If he does it is a good time as he might be able to recover for when next season starts.

402684[/snapback]

I suppose this is great news for all Anti-Todd fan club.

As quite a few of the supporters said he has been one of our best players over the last 2 seasons and why say he's not fit to play for this club any longer. After walking away before the Leeds game when dropped and not given a reason. That was a borderline decision for Andy to make, but to then turn around when Souey left and place himself as a regular choice centre-half, then that deserves some praise.

With regards to his reaction vs Birmingham, if he threw his top off at Hughes or indeed hit him a kick up the anus (Dugarry), or indeed join Burnley (joking) then that would be nothing short of disgraceful. He hasn't committed an offence here and was just frustration.

Give his man a chance. Certainly still my choice of centrehalf along with Nelson. OK fair enough I would give Nelson the captains armband. But isn't this a great sign than we have a top quality centre half who almost certainly wears the 'Blue & White' jersey in the same style as Big Col. Now we just need a regular defensive partner and Todd would certainly do for another season or two.

This man has received a lot of unfair criticism in his career. He doesn't need any more especially coming from our fans. He is an absolute gentleman and very well spoken off the pitch so just lay off his back now. He always given his full commitment to the club and has he ever verbally insulted the Rovers or mention how it should be run?

I didn't think so and he doesn't need any cr@p comments like he has in this thread.

Give it a rest now.

Shows that Hughes is a very good man manager and fair play to Todd for apologising. Clearly situations like this are not good for the team when they are played out in public which was the point I have made throughout, some people refuse to accept he can do any wrong and instead turn it into a pro/anti Todd argument which is nonsense. It is perfectly possible to want Todd as part of team and yet still criticise him for his actions at Birmingham.

Don't make me laugh, after he refused to take his place on the bench under Souness he should never have been allowed to pull on the blue and white shirt again.

402260[/snapback]

The ONLY person who ever alluded to this was Souness. Therefore could it be that Sourpuss wanted to give a reason for replacing the player of the season with a greasy-haired idiot who has been about as much use as a chocolate teapot?

No- continue believing the Souness made-up fantasy. You probably believe that Bellamy feigned injury too. (confirmed by Souness and Shepherd and "an anonymous player")

The ONLY person who ever alluded to this was Souness.  Therefore could it be that Sourpuss wanted to give a reason for replacing the player of the season with a greasy-haired idiot who has been about as much use as a chocolate teapot? 

You really are a paranoid lunatic.

The ONLY person who ever alluded to this was Souness.  Therefore could it be that Sourpuss wanted to give a reason for replacing the player of the season with a greasy-haired idiot who has been about as much use as a chocolate teapot? 

No- continue believing the Souness made-up fantasy.  You probably believe that Bellamy feigned injury too.  (confirmed by Souness and Shepherd and "an anonymous player")

403362[/snapback]

You truly are twisted in your obsession of all things Souness. Shearer, mongst others, confirmed the Bellamy story. I'm sure he had his reasons but Bellamy certainly let himself down on that score.

Theyre thick arent they? whoever wrote that article has clearly never played football before.

Its like that dcik on 5 live who was calling toddy after the semi final in cardiff v arsenal.

Van persie ran into him when he wasnt even facing him.

I don't recall any critisicm of players like Tony Adams, he pushed n shoved people all over the place, John Terry is a dirty player but there is no articles calling him a thug because he plays at chelsea and his history is pretty clean i expect.

Its like sav. He gets booked for almost anything because he has his reputation against him. Refs want to stamp their authority and so savage is judged by anyone who isnt a blackburn supporter and is always written about with a bad view.

Don't make me laugh, after he refused to take his place on the bench under Souness he should never have been allowed to pull on the blue and white shirt again.

402260[/snapback]

What a story, why should ha have never stayed again, it was only an indictaion of his passion to play. You cannot get rid of a player just because he fell out with the former manager. Its like people were calling for Barton to be sacked from man city after the incident with the cigar.

Todd had an excellent little run of games and then stupid souness plkayed amo insted of him. I would have been pssied off if i had been todd. Perhaps he reacted strongly but if a manger sold a player everytime there was a little fall out there would be about 4 players in each team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.