BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not read the post match thread but it's not been pointed out on here that it was Lucas Neill's balls up that led to their first goal. Such a dependable player has turned into a liability recently. sell sell sell...

The truth about Lucas, as i told you all about in summer, is that he was looking for 45k per week basic and rovers wernt prepared to pay him that. Following from that he got the huff and dug his heels in.

So for me, the sooner he goes, the better!

The truth about Lucas, as i told you all about in summer, is that he was looking for 45k per week basic and rovers wernt prepared to pay him that. Following from that he got the huff and dug his heels in.

45k a week? That can't be right, or he is seriously deluded. I cannot see any club paying him that. Even if Liverpool do come in I would guess themost he could hope for is 30k, and really its much more likely to be near the 20k mark.

One could also argue that he's unlikely to tell the whole truth to someone who then goes and posts it on a public forum.

At the risk of agreeing with SAR I think he's spot on here. Neill's probably realised that Brownie's a gobshite and will post everything he says so has offered him a bit of sugar. It's probably also worth noting that Brownie hasn't exactly got a perfect record of posting the "truth" on here.

However, perhaps I've been unfair and maybe Brownie did accurately report what Lucas said. I find it hard to believe that Neill hasn't been offered a better deal. I find it very easy to believe that Rovers don't want to negotiate with his agent. Perhaps if Neill changed agents he'd do better. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we kept Neill until the summer - which is what I think we should do anyway.

Edited by Scotty

And where, oh fountain of insider knowledge, did you get this "fact" from?

I wager it's the same location you got the 'Ole Gunnar Solskjaer coming to Rovers it's definitely happening this week' or the rest of the nonsense you periodically post.

At the risk of agreeing with SAR I think he's spot on here. Neill's probably realised that Brownie's a gobshite and will post everything he says so has offered him a bit of sugar. It's probably also worth noting that Brownie hasn't exactly got a perfect record of posting the "truth" on here.

However, perhaps I've been unfair and maybe Brownie did accurately report what Lucas said. I find it hard to believe that Neill hasn't been offered a better deal. I find it very easy to believe that Rovers don't want to negotiate with his agent. Perhaps if Neill changed agents he'd do better. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we kept Neill until the summer - which is what I think we should do anyway.

Thanks for the 'Gobshite' label Scotty, love you too.

"offered me a bit of sugar" ?? It wasn't an interview just a casual chat, we spoke more about my 9 week old labrador and the cut on his dog's paw !

He feels like he's been poorly treated by the board and the differences are ireconcilable

At last! We have a solution to the mystery that's plagued us for the last few years!

Lucas Neill is Vinjay!

Vegas isn't too bad, lucas wrapped the paw in a bandage and tied it on with a little bag and string.

I'll keep you updated ........

Apologies for turning this into an episode of "Animal Magic" but is Vegas a lab like yours?

There's something not right about these reports of Lucas. Something doesn't add up.

Why is Mark Hughes allegedly saying Lucas has been offered new deals when/if he hasn't? Surely Lucas has spoken with Mark about the situation? If Mark is really keen for Lucas to stay he would have been on to JW/TF about sorting it.

If Lucas is unhappy with the Board he surely must have talked about it to others in the squad thus possibly causing unrest?

Why have Reid, Ryan, Sav, Bentley, Morten apparently had no problems sorting out new deals with the club?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by roversmum

There's something not right about these reports of Lucas. Something doesn't add up.

Why is Mark Hughes allegedly saying Lucas has been offered new deals when/if he hasn't? Surely Lucas has spoken with Mark about the situation? If Mark is really keen for Lucas to stay he would have been on to JW/TF about sorting it.

If Lucas is unhappy with the Board he surely must have talked about it to others in the squad thus possibly causing unrest?

Why have Reid, Ryan, Sav, Bentley, Morten apparently had no problems sorting out new deals with the club?

cos they don't have Peter Harrison as an agent..

my memory may be failing me here, but I'm sure i've read comments from lucas that says he's been here for 4 years and that it's a good time to try something new.?

so its got nothing to do with the smokescreen of 'the board not being fair' That's absoluite rubbish.

he had a good world cup & wanted to try and better himself. he knew he could run down his contract and guarantee himself a fat signing on fee with massive wages.

I don't believe for a second that rovers haven't tried to keep him. It's totally irrelevant how many 'contracts' have been offered to him. The club knows he doesn't want to stay and they have a wage structure in place.

It's not too often that I agree with a female (joke), but 100% in agreement.

cos they don't have Peter Harrison as an agent..

Indeed my friend, I think Harrison is a jumped up little.... er big tw@t. He's been looking after his wallet for too long now and hardly surprising that the two players who are 'quite willing to leave Blackburn', are under the guidance of Harrison.

I wouldn't blame the players for any article that have been written, but they are treating Harrison like a god and father-figure but they will soon realise that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Nonetheless both of the lads have played with their heart on the sleeve (apart from Lucas' gesture to the fans vs Nancy) anytime they've been asked to stick on their jersey.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.