BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

It is being reported that Neill is travelling to London tonight for a medical and finalise a £1.25 million move to West Ham.

Liverpool were unwilling to match the financial terms on offer to Neill at West Ham, where he is expected to earn more than £50,000 a week.

“Lucas has agreed terms on a two-and-a-half-year deal with West Ham and is looking to the challenge ahead,” his agent, Peter Harrison, said.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is being reported that Neill is travelling to London tonight for a medical and finalise a £1.25 million move to West Ham.

Liverpool were unwilling to match the financial terms on offer to Neill at West Ham, where he is expected to earn more than £50,000 a week.

“Lucas has agreed terms on a two-and-a-half-year deal with West Ham and is looking to the challenge ahead,” his agent, Peter Harrison, said.

where has he said this jim mk2? can't find it

1.25m is a lot better than I thought we'd do at this stage and if they think he's worth 50kp.w. good luck to them and him.

I think his agent has led him by the nose. But then again you've only got one life so why not move clubs/jobs again?

Thanks for all your years of service Lucas. You had some ordinary years in the Blue'n'White as well as some absolute blinders.

How many games did Lucas miss in his time here? He was a good player, an honest professional and I'll miss him.

I think he'll enjoy playing for Curbishley.

I do find that attitudes of some people here rather bizarre to say the least. He told the club one year ago that he wanted to move to a new club. He's still pulled on the shirt and played week-in, week-out and has always been amongst our best.

I'd save the vitriol for the Chris Suttons/Grahame Le Sauxs of the world personally.

Soccerbase says since Sept 7 2001,Lucas has had 184 League starts and4 substitutes (188 appearances)over a possible 209 league games played.As he acquired 58 yellow cards and 6 red cards over this time period,I would submit that many of his absences were for suspension and country call ups.Very durable player that whoever we replace him with,I hope has the same durability.

Edited by Florida Rover

A shame that he listened to his own press.

I'm sure his agent kept him up to date of the 'interest' from Barca, AC Milan and Liverpool and after all that he ends up going to a team in the bottom three. I'd be looking for a new agent if I was him

At least he gets his £50k a week, I don't know how he'll manage on it.

Jim, I would have been quite happy with Konchesky as a left back for us. Don't think he's a bad player at all.

Another player who is claimimg that he could be very near......................................

Ali Boussaboun hopes that Feyenoord and Blackburn Rovers can soon come to an agreement about the transfer of the Moroccan international to the English club.

“During Feyenoord-Blackburn I have obviously made an impact although I came in as sub. Also during the trial period things went well" Commented Boussaboun.

"Engeland is the country of football, Blackburn is a beautiful club. The shirt and stadium are full of tradition. Blackburn would be great.”

Boussaboun impressed Blackburn manager Mark Hughes. “He said that I did pretty well. That by itself is splendid, that such a great ex-player sees potential in me. I used to watch the man on tv playing for Manchester United and Barcelona.”

In Rotterdam they don't have confidence in him. “I am free to leave, a sign that the coach would rather not have me here. Apparently I am not good enough for Feyenoord. It would be a disappointment If the deal does not go through” He concluded.

Doubt we will sign the Moroccan.

I wonder what Lucas Neill will say to explain his move to West Ham...New challenge, bigger club, club with tradition, they belong in the top 6, the chairman is looking to invest, Im sure we will survive otherwise I wouldnt have joined, etc...

Ya ya ya we have heard it all before!

Le Saux and Sutton didn't force us in to a position where we didn't get a proper fee for them though.

And how did Neill do that? He told us with a year left on his contract! Why didn't we sell him then? Hughes thought he could change his mind...

Look I'm happy the drama is over and I can understand that we're all bitter that someone doesn't want to play for our club anymore - fairplay - but to say he has done us wrong seems wide of the mark.

1. Why on earth would they offer him £50k pw? :blink: From what I understand (from reports) £30K PW would have done fine. :huh:

2. I cannot blame him for going to a lower placed relegation threatened team if those figures are true. Greedy? Nah who wouldn't do the same especially as it's his last chance of a really big pay day? I did have a sneaky feeling since this time last year that he would end up with the mags but this sort of dosh will blow that away.

3. Cash is fine by us imo. I didn't want Warnock and am not impressed by Konchesky. There must be better players about than those two.

4. We'll miss his ever present fitness, and I wonder if Brett Emerton will be at all affected?

4. We'll miss his ever present fitness, and I wonder if Brett Emerton will be at all affected?

If you mean about losing his fellow Aussie... I'm sure in the programme either early this season or last season, it asked Emerton who his closest friends at Rovers were and whilst he mentioned Nelseon and a couple of others, he didn't mention Lucas at all.

1. I have no problems with Lucas leaving for Wham, he clearly wants a new challenge and a new atmosphere.

2. £1.25m isn't bad, looks like the not very reliable fansfc mentions £2m though - which is pleasing.

3. We need a replacement asap, I'm not overly confident in this area yet - but I trust Sparky will fix this within two weeks at least. In the meantime, young Jay Mac or Mickey should do the job.

4. I don't think Brett will be affected much, I've never seen him mention Lucas amongst his closest friends, and he's established enough to do well on his own anyway.

Good luck to you Lucas, I second PG's post to the full.

So it was about money and not ambition after all. After the Dunny signing I'm happy tonight but now we need a new decent full-back :unsure:

I have to agree with you ciren. the fact that lucas always said it wasn't about the money but more about ambition/change of scenery....what a tit!! he was playing in the knockout phase of the uefa cup, then had a golden chance to go to the champions league knockout phase with liverpool and now, because of his greed, is going to be playing for a team that is in neither of the euro competitions and fighting for a place in the premier league.

we all would like more moeny to do our jobs, but has this guy got rocks in his head :ph34r:

1. Why on earth would they offer him £50k pw? :blink: From what I understand (from reports) £30K PW would have done fine. :huh:

Presumably because WHam are getting extremely deperate. No-one seems to want to join them in their current predicament.

Amongst others SWP seemingly turned down a 9.6m move and even Ashley Young decided he'd rather definitely go down with Watford than possibly down with WHam. (Although he probably thinks he's got a move sorted to a team definitely not going down)

Well if neill IS going to move to west ham then my buddy rob will be very happy about this seeing as hes a big west ham fan. I on the other hand am a little said to see him go. He always seemed to make his presence felt in the back even when he was haveing a bad day. I feel that if he wants to move on then best of luck to him and would like to thank him for all the service that he gave to this club in the past. But i also feel that i have to say that him saying hes not moving for the money is complete crap! I mean thats like saying that beckum made the move to the LA because he like the sunshine. I mean if your going for the money then just say that. I mean shoot who of us wouldnt go for that kinda money? Well all things happen for a reason and im sure like its been said before that Sparky will come through and fill the spot just fine. :brfc:

Fantastic news. We might now be able to get Nesmanchyi in with a bit of cash to spare. If we do that then in all honesty I would say the only player we would need is another tough tackling midfielder. Sidewell?

There has been talk of strikers but I would say we are well set at the moment - McCarthy, Nonda, Derbyshire and Roberts all have something to offer - and especially if you consider Dunn can be very effective up front. Him and Benni would actually make quite an interesting partnership, defenders would find it difficult to work out how to handle them as they drop off so much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.