BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

Can't stand West Ham and always enjoy watching ex Rovers struggling in a crap team when they were supposedly leaving for bigger and better things.

However, the kind of money they are throwing around (unsuccesfully) at the moment shows both how desperate they are to stay up, and how much the new owner is willing to back his manager and club to do just that.

I would love them to go down with Lucas but I rekon they will stay up and next season will be a completely different story and Lucas might well have the last laugh.

And no matter what anyone says they are a bigger club than us. And I love "big clubs" being relegated

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the seasons you've put in Lucas. When you do things right, you are one the best in the Prem, when you play Rugby/Judo you are a liability. Just make sure you never forget who brought you into the big time and if you aren't suspended when we play you in march a few of those Judo throws on Benni wouldn't go a miss eh? ;)

Edited by Dan5678

Is this the first time a Rovers player has been featured without a Rovers shirt in sight?

Harrison is quoted on a WHam web site that Lucas has signed a 2.5 year deal. Callum Davidson or is it Davenport is on his way to WHam for £3m from Spuds. Bit of a step down from playing with Ryan Nelsen for Neill.

Edited by philipl

I think from the start with Neill it's been about a change, but moreso about money.

If you listen to what he wants to do post football he's going to need shedloads.

Not so sure about West Ham, though. OK he'll get a massive weekly wage, but if they go down they'll have to cut him adrift and there's no guarantee that he'll get anywhere near what the Whammers are apparently offering. It could well be the start of a downward spiral for him. It's a pity he didn't take heed from Emerton, Reid et al.

His agent may well have shot him in the foot, only time will tell

I think from the start with Neill it's been about a change, but moreso about money.

If you listen to what he wants to do post football he's going to need shedloads.

Not so sure about West Ham, though. OK he'll get a massive weekly wage, but if they go down they'll have to cut him adrift and there's no guarantee that he'll get anywhere near what the Whammers are apparently offering. It could well be the start of a downward spiral for him. It's a pity he didn't take heed from Emerton, Reid et al.

His agent may well have shot him in the foot, only time will tell

What does he have in mind after his playing days Dave?

He's obviously set himself up, but he wants to get into owning an A League franchise. At the moment they are leaking money like nothing.

I'd imagine that he'll come back towards the end of his career in England play for a season or two and then buy a club, probably with a couple of other parties. He's always stated he wants to put something back into the game in Australia.

He's obviously set himself up, but he wants to get into owning an A League franchise. At the moment they are leaking money like nothing.

I'd imagine that he'll come back towards the end of his career in England play for a season or two and then buy a club, probably with a couple of other parties. He's always stated he wants to put something back into the game in Australia.

Good grief. Footballers have come a long way since opening pubs, chippys and sports shops!

Indeed, Ray-Von. It puts his "grab for cash" in a slightly different perspective.

Personally, I think he's gone about it the wrong way. A way that could backfire on him. He'd have been better off negotiating a deal at Ewood and guaranteeing another four years or so income in the way that Reid, Emerton and the rest have done. As it is, there is a danger of it all going tits up.

The guy has more money now than he'll ever be able to spend. He turns down champions league football to go to a relagation threatened club?

Lucas Neill you're one greedy b*****d.

The guy has more money now than he'll ever be able to spend. He turns down champions league football to go to a relagation threatened club?

Lucas Neill you're one greedy b*****d.

I just don't understand that attitude. What in God's name does he owe us? He signed a contract, he honored that contract, we have made a bit of money.

It's a free country, he has not done anything wrong. I was annoyed with Bellamy because he actually lied to the support, but Lucas has been the model of professionalism. He is not Rover's property, just in the same way your employer does not own you.

Gav, Neill has a plan, he's working towards that end, surely you can't blame him for that?

Whether he's going about it the right way or not, only time will tell.

The only thing I object to is him being named captain of the Rovers. However, if that was part of the strategy that Hughes played to keep him, then so be it.

Plan or no plan he's a lying git, he originally wanted to go for CL football (Fair Play I say, at this point)

Then he's going to West Ham, that's just money, he's just like the other grabbers.

I do very much object to him being skipper, it sucks.

for all those people who were backing Neil on here, what do you think about now?

To me he is only after one thing and that is money, he does not care less who he plays for as long as he is getting paid silly money. How can a move to West Ham further his career

I think he is just a Greedy Aussie

Well thanks for the last few seasons and you will leave Ewood Park with many fond memories. I know you probably wanted a return to London, but why West Ham? You'll need luck down there and maybe you'll be up against our local rivals Burnley next season.

We will continue to improve as a team under Mark Hughes and he tried in vain to keep you, but its your choice and the guidance of the might fat one 'Peter Harrison' will do you no favours. In fact you have done him the favour with his ever expanding pocket, never mind his waistline, but we'll survive. Thanks for your part in our progression in the UEFA Cup and if we get to the final I'll raise a pint for your contribution and will issue an apology on your behalf on your absence.

Onwards and Upwards!

Edited by rover_groo

for all those people who were backing Neil on here, what do you think about now?

To me he is only after one thing and that is money, he does not care less who he plays for as long as he is getting paid silly money. How can a move to West Ham further his career

I think he is just a Greedy Aussie

I still would love him to stay. He's a top quality right/left back and we will struggle to replace him and it is a shame to see him go. Obviously I'm disappointed that a player is leaving our club simply because he wants more money, but that is his prerogative.

Having said that, I think we are now in a great position in terms of getting the most out of this deal as we can. West Ham will know that they probably aren't in a position to get Neill to sign a pre-contract agreement at this stage due to their league position and so if they want to sign him they will have to do it now. This is even more important when you consider that they need to sign people in order to help them improve their league position. I think we could easily see this fee pushed up beyond the £1.25 million that was being talked about, we know that West Ham have money and they'll probably have to produce the goods if they really want their man.

My brother who ridiculously is a West Ham fan on Konchesky

His passing is very very poor and his crossing is also cr*p.....When he gets the ball he just lumps it forward.......

Good defender and an excellent engine he just has no ability......

My brother who ridiculously is a West Ham fan on Konchesky

His passing is very very poor and his crossing is also cr*p.....When he gets the ball he just lumps it forward.......

Good defender and an excellent engine he just has no ability......

I am sure that has been said before :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.