SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the people I work with seem to be Hammers fans. I told them:

about how he only plays really well in the year coming up to his contract negotiations;

about how he'll increase their yellow and red card cound immeasurably;

about the three penalties he's given away this season already;

about his plans to go back to Oz as soon as he's accumuated enough money to buy a team there- probably at the end of this contract.

They were absolutely delighted with their new signing (NOT). I guess they'll be even happier now.

I liked Lucas- he was very pretty and Warnock just, well, isn't, but I've never been under any illusions that he is more than a player who can have great moments but absolutely awful weeks.

After watching Warnock today, i think we have come out really well from this whole Neill business. Warnock looks twice the player Neill is. Can't say that I'm hapopy he is injured though. He was a loyal servant for five years.

Agreed and also echo John's comments.

It is not the complete deal until we see whether Warnock is capable of full concentration and awareness throughout the season in the way that Neill was not.

Based on yesterday's showing, if Warnock keeps that up (and Chelsea will be a massive test compared with playing Luton reserves) and doesn't cause five or so silly goals to be conceded in the next twelve months we have got the better of the deal.

When you add that he doesn't look as cynical as Neill always did so the card count should drop and that he is three years younger, then Warnock for Neill could be a massively good piece of business.

MartinPeters Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:47 pm

"Hope the **** is out for the rest of the season.

He is not fit to wear the West Ham shirt.

He was useless today and the kick he gave that Watford player for no reason other than he was there was sickening.

Neil is not West Ham."

He's not a Happy Hammer is he!!! :lol:

Edited by Esulx

He was useless today and the kick he gave that Watford player for no reason other than he was there was sickening.

Neil is not West Ham."

He's not a Happy Hammer is he!!! :lol:

Just Priceless!!

What a debut eh? :D

Huge irony in Neill getting a bad injury on his debut after seemingly exhibiting iron man qualities for us.

Got to say I was pleased with both Warnocks performance and his obvious pace and ability yesterday as I have not really watched him in the past for Liverpool.

But I can see why he gets so many injuries.

Huge irony in Neill getting a bad injury on his debut after seemingly exhibiting iron man qualities for us.

Got to say I was pleased with both Warnocks performance and his obvious pace and ability yesterday as I have not really watched him in the past for Liverpool.

But I can see why he gets so many injuries.

Yeh , I can see how he gets injured as well , his commitment is tremendous and he seems to go for balls that aren't really his. He gets more of these than his share but is exposing himself to unscrupulous opponents putting a sneaky boot in.

For someone who's just gotten one of their most important players injured with a legbreak, you lot seem awfully amused by an injury. He was loyal to us for 5 good years, then felt he needed a new challenge. Doesn't really matter to me where he left, the result is still the same - no Lucas Neill playing for Blackburn Rovers. So get a grip folks, I too enjoy West Ham losing, but I'll never enjoy an injury to a player, and at least not to an ex-Rover.

I agree with you herbergeehh

However I think the rejoicing isn't due to Lucas' injury, but mot down to the fact that it appears that the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

That said, to applaud an injury to a player isn't something we, as supporters, should do.

I agree with you herbergeehh

However I think the rejoicing isn't due to Lucas' injury, but mot down to the fact that it appears that the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

That said, to applaud an injury to a player isn't something we, as supporters, should do.

it's an ankle tweak not an amputation, a little "instant justice" we can allow ourselves a wry smile at.

Neil is not West Ham."

This from a supporter of a team that made a cult hero out of Julian Dicks !

West Ham fan said to me, have you just lost your best defender?

I said no, we we have replaced him with someone much better............ and we have Hughes.

Neill wasn't our best defender. Our best defender showed some loyalty in the summer and signed a new contract. Neill can sit at home in front of his flat screen and count his £60k per week for all I care. A mercenary to the core, he is no longer our concern.

A mercenary to the core, he is no longer our concern.

He was a soldier of fortune?

You make it sound like he used to strap grenades to his leg, put a kukri down his belt and run onto the pitch with an AK-47. Whaddya mean, he did?

Lucas Neill wasn't that bad. i don't think he used Rovers any more than we used him, given that he wanted to leave in the Summer. he's no more a mercenary than any other player.

He was a soldier of fortune?

You make it sound like he used to strap grenades to his leg, put a kukri down his belt and run onto the pitch with an AK-47. Whaddya mean, he did?

Aussies have to fill their summers in some way. Why not go off to a foreign civil war and run around shooting people for money?

Things getting a bit hysterical here.

Lucas did a damned good job for us whilst a Rover and built us a following down under. Was absolutely straight with the club about his contract and has gone where the money is.

We were all happy about players coming to take Jack's wadge in the early '90s before we became a major footballing power so we have no grounds for complaint.

We should just be happy that we not only got about three times as much for him in transfer fee than I would have forecast us getting, we have also got a replacement who on first appearances makes us a stronger better balanced team all round.

It was also reassuring to see Liverpool get their transfer tactics all wrong and not for the first time either. If Rovers had handled the transfer market as badly as Liverpool have in recent seasons, the highlight of our season would be the derby with Accy Stanley. Sickeningly, the Bellamy deal was just about the only thing they got spectacularly right in the market and that was more by mishap (Cisse breaking his leg) than planning.

My amusement is with West Hams pathetic plight, and nothing to do with Lucash breaking his leg.

First the argie farce, then the manager merry go round, and now getting a player on 60,000 a week, to warm a bench for 6 weeks.

I've nevr liked West Ham , and that was well before Lucash signed for them.I've rather Wigan stayed up, than them,and send that team and the crazy Magnusson into the Nationwide..

Why should Lucash be bothered, he can't lose.He's on a nice little earner all round ,with his relegtion "get out" clause.

End of day, Rovers have faired very well in the transfer market, and have been sensible.Another million for Mceveley to boost the coffers, and help us get one last decent player before the transfer window shuts.

I'm very impressed.

Things getting a bit hysterical here.

Lucas did a damned good job for us whilst a Rover and built us a following down under. Was absolutely straight with the club about his contract and has gone where the money is.

exactly phil. this is something that has bothered me ever since rovers fans started getting on his case. i have heard such things as him being called a judas in some quarters, which to me is totally unfathomable. as phil says he has never been anything but straight with the club, and has never said he will stay and only to have him change his mind.

admittedly, he has dropped a few bollacks by the things has has said in the print and television media, so to get such things as judas....is totally unfair.

Can't say I'm overly excited by the Neill affair. We made profit on his fee, got four good years out of him and now we can hope our disciplinary record may improve a little. I thought Warnock was excellent and we needed a left-back more than a right-back.

As for the money he's on, well good luck to him, it is his living after all and he didn't short-change us when he was playing.

After all that though couldn't resist a giggle when the Watford player who scored was being marked (not) by dear old Lucas and as for the ankle tweak? Of course that has a certain humorous side as it is a relatively minor injury, it also demonstrates that you need luck as well as money. Can see the good side of the 'Ammers going down as they are paying crazy money at the moment and that is worse than Chelsea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.