BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm in a tea cup. Picture the scenario. A short conversation via with some media man........

Pressman "Hiya Dave. Hey I've been meaning to ask you....... do you think Walcott would be better leaving Arsenal to get regular matches in the Prem?"

DB " Dunno, it's up to him but leaving Arsenal for BRFC hasn't done me any harm has it? Anyway I'll see you around mate"

And that's then turned into a full blown attack on the methods of Wenger and arsenal.

Sunday's game at White Hart Lane made it three successive 4-0 defeats for Lucas Neill and his West Ham team-mates.

Former Hammers defender Julian Dicks has criticised what he calls "Professional footballers at Upton Park who are earning fortunes, but a lot of them are just going through the motions. Apart from Mark Noble and Robert Green, nine of the other players didn't perform against Chelsea. They didn't work and they didn't show any passion whatsoever."

Given the huge weekly wage packet that Lucas is earning at Upton Park, aren't the West Ham fans entitled to see a bit more from Neill?

Dicks slams Hammers players

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Being reported today that Curbishley has been ordered to clear West Ham of players on excessive wages so Lucash and Ljungberg are to be sold. Presumably Upson and maybe Bellamy will also be out of the door if they can ever get them fit.

Being reported today that Curbishley has been ordered to clear West Ham of players on excessive wages so Lucash and Ljungberg are to be sold. Presumably Upson and maybe Bellamy will also be out of the door if they can ever get them fit.

i'd take bellamy back on the cheap, he has always been plagued by injuries though during his spell here MH had him playing fairly regular.

He's got pace which we miss so much!

Jeez, are we still talking about this guy?

I can't believe we are still on about Neill, he's long gone and it's about time we got over him.

Toogs, USAB. I couldn't agree more. We're as bad as Big Club still banging on about how far it is to Wrexham!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Bowyer too. Thing is those players have been spoiled now. They will never get the same money that the eggman paid anywhere else so they are always likely to be disgruntled. Daft of course but all things are relative.

btw Lucas Neill was out drinking in Blackburn last weekend.

Cheeky b*****d indeed. He was in the Knowles Arms sauntering about as if he owned the place. Personally I wouldnt go drinking in a town where I have upset the locals when there are plenty of other places to go but I am a pretty live and let live guy so I didn't worry about it to much.

However what did annoy me was when the bar was about 3 deep with Bank Holiday punters awaiting a pint for about 15 minutes and our Aussie friend saw fit to get the attention of the dizzy blonde barmaid behind the bar and jump the queue, then gave her a £2 coin for her trouble. What a big spender, that must have made a dent in his wages, but he is lucky that no one gave him a good hiding for his trouble as it was fairly late on and most people had had quite a few. The barmaid wanting a word in her ear for that one as well.

What a muppet. If behaving like a knob over his Rovers transfer wasn't enough for me to dislike him, this act of pathetic celebrity certainly was. :angry:

Maybe Bowyer too. Thing is those players have been spoiled now. They will never get the same money that the eggman paid anywhere else so they are always likely to be disgruntled. Daft of course but all things are relative.

btw Lucas Neill was out drinking in Blackburn last weekend.

maybe he is still recovering from concusion from Nani's headbutt and he thought he was drinking in London and not blackburn

We managed a couple of Nani chants and One greedy etc etc chants which I know he heard over the band that was on. All a bit of fun really. No major problem with the guy apart from him using his fame to jump a long bar queue...he can play for whoever he wants to, clearly his loss, but I like to think we made him feel just a little bit uncomfortable, as is only right given the circumstances...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.