BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

There is a very simple point that a lot of Rovers supporters are missing.

Lucas is a typical Australian, he has a bloody big gob and cannot think before he opens it ! Its the one attribute that most Aussie men are born with, its a dna thing.

He cant keep his gob shut coz he is a big mouthed braindead muppet who happens to be good at a sport and maybe thinks he is actually a lot better than he really is.

Let him go at the end of his contract, he wont pull any big punches at a bigger club and he certainyl wont command any more money than he is on at Rovers, the market wont allow it and really, if he thinks he can displace Finnan at Liverpool, he is mistaken, that is the only big club in for him at the moment, I do not consider Newcastle any bigger than us apart from support numbers and the fact they have big fat fred at the helm who is considerably bigger than JW !

If he wants to go around spouting without realising that Rovers have supporters all over the world and who may just be watching the idiot and may listen to what he says the that alone quantifies the braindead attribute that I have levelled at him.

JHC i have met some real tossers in life and he is rapidly close to joining the top 10 :angry:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course not, but he could've said something neutral,

(like: "there was interest ,but nothing came of it. i'm happy at liverpool.'')

instead of admitting his relief, with these unnecessary comments :

"As it was getting towards midnight there was always that doubt you may get a phone call saying it's back on, but I was happy it never came."

Sorry about this...............but why would he sat he was happy at Liverpool?!!!

I have it on good authority...remember I brought you Rooney to utd during Euro 2004 from the same source, that Neill is going to liverpool..

My best friend who is a solicitor in manchester, took a call today from a client the players liason officer at Anfield, saying they need him to do some work for neill In january..

95% certain apparently

I did point put why would he want to go to a team below us in the league

Maybe he is on his way, if so we've had damn good value for the pittance we paid Millwall. He still seems to be putting his all into his games so lets hold him to his contract unless a good offer comes in.

Anyway, he isn't even the first choice right-back anymore ;) - what's happened to all the other left-backs? Micky Gray seems to have gone to the same limbo land as Toddy. Guess McEveley or Taylor might be the next choice.

I think we have already known that he won't sign the contract for us a long long time ago. Only Hughes didn't know (or he did not want to know).

Think Mark knows and has known for some time too, but he's also known that to get a move to a bigger club Neill will have to play well, and especially if it's Liverpool he wants because he's not well thought of by fans. So it's been in our interests to keep him in the team for the moment but don't for one moment think there aren't serious plans afoot to strengthen our defence. Hughes doesn't say a lot but that doesn't mean he's not working behind the scenes t sort it out.

thats a quoate from warnock on his move to rovers. what about baines as our new left back good young english and is doing a good job for wigan, either him or bridge.

Thanks for that!

I see he scored for the under 21's last night.

It would take silly money to attract someone like Baines as Wigan don't have any need to sell.

Bridge would be a more realistic option but he won't some cheap either, certainly not in terms of wages.

I happen to think Gray is still a good option if Neill does go in January but we should be definitely be looking to recruit or promote someone to play left back for the longer term.

As for Neill, very disappointed in his attitude off the pitch but as long as he keeps producing the goods on it then there's no reason to change anything until he moves. We have a lot of experienced players in Brad, Nelsen and Sav who are all worthy captains in their own right and when Neill does leave his loss in terms of leadership will be minimal compared to the impact he would have on the overall balance of the squad - his ability to play to a good standard all across the defence hugely important to us IMO.

Wasn't impressed with Gray for the reserves on Monday but then it is difficult to tell from reserve games and he wasn't playing at left back. Would prefer to keep Lucas in team just because he's going to play his socks off if he thinks a move depends on performance and from any interested clubs that seems to be the message at the moment -"we're watching him".

For the sake of clarity I think we must have some comment from the Board and/or MH.

Why? There really is nothing more to say that we dont already know.

Not you in particular bos but some of the postings on this thread are pathetically naive. Lets keep things in true perspective.

1. His intention is to move next summer for more money. Fair enough as loyalty doesn't come into football post Bosman (look it up kids). We only offered him 4 years worth of contract so ther ca be NO argument there

can there?

2. Why drop him? That would be madness! We have won the last 4 games on the run and have not lost since Chelsea. Rule 1...If it aint broke dont fix it!

3. Why take the captaincy off him? If he is setting a good example on the pitch and playing his ###### off for a mega bucks new contract who cares if it isn't here? He's given us plenty of notice to find a replacement which is all anybody can ask in this day and age. All this stupid talk of loyalty is pathetic and the sign of small minded insular numpties that our education system has been re-designed to produce in large volumes

over recent years

Compare him to the greedy grabbing scot who went to Rangers just months after signing a new long term contract! Compare him also to that more recent scheming scottish backsliding beaver-on-his-head,cheat Ferguson! :angry: More.... how about St frickin Alan? Old big head left us in the lurch by giving no notice of his intention to leave! In fact he even told JW that he was staying 2 days before ferkin off to the Mags. Loads of instances of barstewards who 'jumped' their contract and left us in the lurch as far as finding replacements is concerned, at least he is 'LOYAL' :blink: enough to see his out in a proper manner!

There really are some stupid sods on here. Behave.

Edited by thenodrog

Despite Neill's comments, for the good of the team, he will stay in the starting 11 and will probably remain as captain. He is a better option than Gray and we have been playing well lately, winning four games in a row, so why change things? But as other people have said, he could be a little bit more diplomatic about wanting to move. I can understand him wanting to go to Liverpool, they will challenge for the top four every year, but they are still behind Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United IMO. And if he goes there, he'll spend most of the time on the bench, because Steve Finnan has the right back role sewn up and he isn't going to play in the centre or at left back, because Liverpool have better options. So let him go, enjoy his time on the bench and see that 'playing' for 'bigger' teams isn't all it's cracked up to be.

As for the idea of going to Newcastle, that would annoy me. The idea of players wanting to go to them in an effort to further their careers and win things is laughable. Yeah they have a huge stadium and fans that fill it, but that's the only positive thing about the club.

3. Why take the captaincy off him? If he is setting a good example on the pitch and playing his ###### off for a mega bucks new contract who cares if it isn't here? He's given us plenty of notice to find a replacement which is all anybody can ask in this day and age. All this stupid talk of loyalty is pathetic and the sign of small minded insular numpties that our education system has been re-designed to produce in large volumes

over recent years

Loyalty and why he shouldn't have the captaincy are two completely different things. He simply shouldn't have the captaincy because he has decided to leave - and you cannot lead/inspire people to go "above and beyond" or fight for the cause when they know you are on the way out. He should be in the team, and he hasn't left us in the lurch like some of the individuals you named. But the skipper should be someone who hasn't publicly announced he is off.

P.S. Spot on with your last comment :D

Why? There really is nothing more to say that we dont already know.

Not you in particular bos but some of the postings on this thread are pathetically naive. Lets keep things in true perspective.

1. His intention is to move next summer for more money. Fair enough as loyalty doesn't come into football post Bosman (look it up kids). We only offered him 4 years worth of contract so ther ca be NO argument there

can there?

2. Why drop him? That would be madness! We have won the last 4 games on the run and have not lost since Chelsea. Rule 1...If it aint broke dont fix it!

over recent years

Compare him to the greedy grabbing scot who went to Rangers just months after signing a new long term contract! Compare him also to that more recent scheming scottish backsliding beaver-on-his-head,cheat Ferguson! :angry: More.... how about St frickin Alan? Old big head left us in the lurch by giving no notice of his intention to leave! In fact he even told JW that he was staying 2 days before ferkin off to the Mags. Loads of instances of barstewards who 'jumped' their contract and left us in the lurch as far as finding replacements is concerned, at least he is 'LOYAL' :blink: enough to see his out in a proper manner!

Well now there's a turn-up for the books; I find myself in agreement with Theno on the above. I would just add to what he has said that Rovers should test the market for Neil in January, but if, as is likely, they dont get a very good offer from any source i.e. at least £3m or an exchange that suits MH, then it would be better for Rovers to keep him to the end of his contract and keep him playing on top form for us. This should help us achieve a higher place finish which in itself will bring monetary rewards.

I say go back in for Warnock in January. Although i just think that letting Neill go in the summer for free would be both a mistake and a disaster.

Sorry, know this question has already been asked, but what was the Liverpool offer previously?

They were not prepared to offer Warnock as part of the deal and he didn't want to come anyway so don't see why that should change - tho you never know with JW's powers of persuasion. They offered cash for Lucas.

Because he is now 21, so he is no longer under 21, i presume that is why

He's 22 years old as of August (27?). I'm not sure if he's eligible because I don't know when the current tournament started.

Anyway, he has only played four under 21 games, so it is not unusual for him to be absent from the team.

Edited by James No. 7

He's 22 years old as of August (27?). I'm not sure if he's eligible because I don't know when the current tournament started.

Anyway, he has only played four under 21 games, so it is not unusual for him to be asent from the team.

Well thanks for the info guys, but I don't think it is an age thing despite it being the U21's. The reason I say that is that the commentator on the game last night mentioned that one of the England players was 22; I can't remember which one he said. Hence the reason for my question; if one player can play at 22 yrs surely another can! And he surely has not been dropped for lack of form! So why?

How did emerton and judas play for Australia today?

Score 1-1

Bert had a good game, constantly getting forward. He had no problems containing the Paraguayan forwards.

Neill didn't have much to do against a team that seemed disinterested in the game.

Early in the game the Aussies played some very good football, it's a pity they don't have anyone capable of finishing. They had some very good chances, but wasted them by seemingly wanting to walk the ball into the net. After about 30 minutes the game just ambled along untill the 88th minute when the Aussies scored. The Paraguayans goal came in the 90th minute from an own goal where there was no pressure, the defender tried to head the ball back to Schwartzer but only succeeded in putting it past him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.