BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, lets just say he didn't lay down to take a nap in front of a defender, so not as bad as teh WC one....

but if you tackle a player from behind int eh box when he's bearing down on goal about to shoot.... yeah, it was a clear pen. More "professional foul" then anything nasty or silly, but I laughed like hell in the pub I was in (with a handful of other supporters of the Philly MLS team which will star play in 2010) since I had commented on his "penalty providing ability" not 10 mins earler.

if you want to see the highlights of the whole game, or just Neill's fioul,

video link

The pen is about the 3:30 mark

Haha. Oh I'd forgotten how rash he could be, that was ridiculous.

How good is Blanco by the way (that was him that did the back-hell assist, right?). I remember him from a World Cup years and years ago, when he did that jumping trick with the ball between his feet. I thought he was going to become a world superstar after that (I remember going straight on Champ Man and signing him for Rovers... :blush:) but he never quite seemed to make it to the top level.

Ugh... Blanco is completely toxic.

Interesting clip there on YouTube... notice the guy Lucas brought down in the box???

Anyone remember the Canadian trialist Hughes brought in 2-3 years back? DeWayne DeRosario?

Apparently received an offer but decided to return to San Jose was it???

He's blossomed into a pretty useful player

Ugh... Blanco is completely toxic.

Interesting clip there on YouTube... notice the guy Lucas brought down in the box???

Anyone remember the Canadian trialist Hughes brought in 2-3 years back? DeWayne DeRosario?

Apparently received an offer but decided to return to San Jose was it???

He's blossomed into a pretty useful player

Blanco is a foul magnet but can turn a game make no mistake.

Dwayne De Rosario I think is a very handy player, he went to San Jose Earthquakes now at Houston Dynamo.

Definitely has skill and a great work ethic.

A nice compilation, his goal from the halfway line is pretty good :)

• 4 weeks later...
Lucas thinking about new contract with Hammers

New Contract for Lucas?

Good to see he's still proud to be a Hammer!

"The former Millwall defender stunned the Premier League when he chose to sign for struggling West Ham for £1.5million rather than Liverpool in January 2007 when his Blackburn contract was running out and he had to endure accusations of putting money before ambition."

Whats wrong with that? Most people do that and especially those that work at BAC. ^_^

Bit harsh isn't it? At least Neill didn't say how much he was looking forward to the new season and working with the new manager and then leave only to tell his new beloved manager to buy some more of our players.

"There's none so blind as they that won't see." dirk.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to bring this topic back up but I was reading the serialisation of Jamie Carragher's book in the Daily Mirror and there was a story about when Neill broke Carraghers leg in 2003 and Carraghers mates wanted revenge on Neill.

Neill close to getting a kicking

The more I hear about this plank's book the more stupid he seems.

So far he has slagged off all england fans and now he thinks he is starring in the Sopranos!

Sorry to bring this topic back up but I was reading the serialisation of Jamie Carragher's book in the Daily Mirror and there was a story about when Neill broke Carraghers leg in 2003 and Carraghers mates wanted revenge on Neill.

Odats well ard dat Jamie, know what I mean ey ey ey.

No doubt it will help sell a few copies of what must surely be the most boring book in footballing history but does Carragher mention that slow motion revealed quite clearly that his big strong manly scouse leg actually snapped through contact with Lucas Neill's trailing big toe that was neatly tucked up under his body as he tackled? :lol::lol:

Edited by thenodrog

Written admission to Inciting or threatening violence, tut-tut, OK Sergeant, take him away......

Hope Lucas does the same again next time. Must be hard living in Gerrard's shadow as everyone's 'favourite scouser' on Merseyside.

Carragher gets away with giving penalties away almost as much as Scholes gets away without recieving yellow cards for his 'attempts' at tackling.

I can't think of another defender who so blatantly pulls shirts, trips and handballs and yet doesn't concede so many penalties.

'Impromptu mission aborted' - what a ..................

Edited by percy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.