BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3-0 Saints

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone sent off will miss the semi and Dickov is one yellow away from a ban.

Does a yellow tomorrow mean he would miss the semi?

Yes. He would have a two match ban for accruing ten yellow cards in domestic games for Rovers this season. I believe the ban starts six days after the offence, so that would rule Paul out of the semi. The chances of Dickov getting to the end of the season without picking up that crucial tenth card are slim to none.

Do we have any other players on four or nine cards?

Actually...

Match bans following an accumulation of yellow cards (5, 10, 15, etc.) will come into effect seven days after the last card, rather than 14 days.

Since the game kicks off at 3pm this Saturday, and 12:15 next Saturday, he might get away with it. Open to debate. I'm guessing he would be banned.

I predicted a 2-0 to Rovers and it might still go that way, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was very niggly and nasty and we might see a red card ot two (hope not of course) and I can't shake the feeling that Mr Le Saux will be involved.

Lets hope he as a punch-up with Aunty Neimi and gets sent-off smile.gif

We look absolutely rock solid at the back now (who would have thought that eariler in the season?) but our lack of goals is a serious problem. We haven't scored since the Everton game. This has 0-0 written all over it. The Saints will pack the midfield and launch the ball towards Crouch when possible. My little sister has more creativity than any of our midfielders.

If we score it could be from a set-piece; Nelsen, Matteo/Johansson, Todd, Mokoena and Stead are all dangerous in the air. MGP could finally get one of those belting free-kicks on target but this will be a very stale affair.

Some of you people are being wildly optimistic and, if I may say so, you're getting a bit giddy, in predicting a veritable goal feast of say 2-0 or 1-1.

To me it's blindingly obvious. 1-0 Rovers. £5 at 6-1 will pay £35.

It's a big game lads.

come on waggy

where is your optimism this morning ?

Rovers will be up for it, the players are up for it with the biggest game of their lives just around the corner.

I dont really care if its a 99th minute winner off someones botty just as long as we win laugh.gif

i don't know why everone is being so pessimistic!! we havent done too badly against the lower clubs this season...especially since Hughes came in and if memory serves me correctly the only one we've lost is saints away when the ref was off his tits!

come on be a bit more optimistic!

Saints win for me tho! biggrin.gifsad.gif

i don't know why everone is being so pessimistic!!

No matter who we play, people always seem to want to churn out negative predictions.

Last week it was a win for Manchester United, and this week Southampton is going to beat us.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a radio broadcast for the match for anyone outside the UK?

The Radio Rovers one won't be free, I presume, it being a home match, and Five Live cannot be accessed from outside the UK during matches (although I have not checked whether we are being broadcast by BBC tonight anyway).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.