BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Worst Ever Rovers Player?

I remember getting strips torn off me for bashing Matteo back in the day.

Did we sign Harkness as well ? He was as bad.

Was it De Pedro Or Del Pedro ?

Yes i think that was him, Javi De Pedro or something. Came with a bit of bluster and supposed flying winger but absolutely useless and no interested from the off. I think when Souness was winding down at Rovers he was signing some crap on purpose to try and make a point.

Barry Ferguson.

He came here with such hype. At the time I couldn't believe we had signed him ahead of some of the biggest clubs in the country. Then he turned out to be an expensive Jock version of Lowe with his crablike passing.

Edited by Amarillo
  • Like 1

Some awful payers played under 10 times, or on loan.

I saw Javier de Pedro's entire Rovers career, 45 mins at home to West Brom, opening day of the 2004/2005 season, then 30 odd minutes Arsenal away a few days later. That was it!

A minimum of 10 games is a fair qualifier, thus ruling out Fettis, the Portugeezers and Paul Taylor!

• Like 1

Did we sign Harkness as well ? He was as bad.

Yes i think that was him, Javi De Pedro or something. Came with a bit of bluster and supposed flying winger but absolutely useless and no interested from the off. I think when Souness was winding down at Rovers he was signing some crap on purpose to try and make a point.

Javier De Pedro

edit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2381092/De-Pedro-signs-Blackburn-deal.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_de_Pedro

Edited by perthblue02

To be fair to Alan Fettis, he was 3rd choice, only played because Flowers and Filan got injured.

It would be like judging Andrew Fisher in goal for us, in the Premier League!

Goalkeepers, ONLY REGULARS list (1992-present)

1. Friedel

2. Filan

3. Flowers

4. Robinson

5. Mimms

6. Steele

7. Kean

Others (in no order) - Brown, Eastwood, Fettis, Sandomierski, Raya, Kelly, Enckleman, Bunn

I remember getting strips torn off me for bashing Matteo back in the day.

Mattel was a decent player in his rightful position - centre half of defensive midfield player. We played him at full back because we were struggling. He wasn't a full back in a million years. Too slow and predominently right footed out on the left hand side.

Barry Ferguson was outstanding up in Scotland. Head and shoulders above everybody else. He reminded me of a young Graham Souness in some aspects of his play. He was just starting to look the part at Ewood when he smashed his knee cap against Newcastle. After that he was always heading back home again.

It's going to take a lot for anyone to pursuade me that Chris Brown is not the worse ever player.

Bruno Berner was bad though. Seem to remember him playing at Arsenal away and looking like he had never played football before.

• Like 2

Ronnie Hildersley. Norman Bell, running in treacle. Kevin Davies. Ashley Ward. Nathan Blake. Christian Dailly. Egil Ostenstad. Darren Peacock. Grabbi. Think we paid over 15 million for Davies, Ward, Ostenstad and Blake when 15 million was a fortune.

None of the current crop make the list?

• Like 1

You've got to weigh it all up really when deciding and most of the current lot aren't very good but never have been and we don't expect them to be. Yes a good few should be better but they wouldn't be here under the current charade if they were any good.

Not making excuses for them but some of the trash we've paid money for and some who've come with reputation on Prem wages then taken the p$sh certainly deserve first place in the worst player stakes. 4.5 million for Ward .......

Then you get people like Duffy and Orr who must be along the lines of the biggest chunts every to play for the club and i'm not talking about limited ability i'm talking about contribution and influence, bad apples.

The Peterborough game and the Cardiff/Wigan/Preston games will live in the memory for ever and i can't quuite think of any others who've blatantly taken the whizz like this pair.

Edited by tomphil

Barry Ferguson.

He came here with such hype. At the time I couldn't believe we had signed him ahead of some of the biggest clubs in the country. Then he turned out to be an expensive Jock version of Lowe with his crablike passing.

Ferguson was not a poor player but he shafted us royally.

• Like 1

Who was the keeper who flapped one in his own net in the last minute vs Wolves in the early 90's ?? Matt something.....edit Dickens????

A shout has to go out to Mark Atkins 1.0 the Right back donkey.

Mark Atkins 2.0 midfield legend.

Edited by Rover_Shaun
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.