BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "rovers May Take Less Than 15,000"

Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?

• I'll be arriving on Friday (or before)
    • I'll be arriving on Saturday
    • I'll not be there, the main reason was a prior engagement
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the KO time
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the cost
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (although I'll be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (I'll not be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the combined cost, location, travel problems etc make it unattractive
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply don't want to be
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply can't be botherd
    • I'll not be there, but for another reason altogether.

This poll is closed to new votes

When we first got through, I was reluctant to get a ticket because I haven't been to any of the cup games so far and I didn't want to be one of those titheads who turns up for the big matches. I didn't think it was fair that a regular might miss out because of me...

...however...

15,000 tickets sold is awful, and I'm doing my best to sort transport down to Cardiff on Saturday. I'm trying to get my mate, a Liverpool fan, to come so he'll drive us down - again, this wasn't something I would have done if we looked like selling out but he's obviously not going to take a ticket away from a Rovers fan.

See you all in Cardiff - with any luck...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll not be there for another reason altogether - 2 kids under 4 is not an option at that type of event. We took Gracie to the Worthington cup final but she was five months old then and slept through the second half. I couldn't even consider it now - they'd drive us and everyone around us mental!

I'm actually jealous of all you who are going because it'll be a brilliant day despite the stupid kick off time. Cardiff's a great city to visit, so enjoy it and make as much noise as possible. smile.gif

I missed out on going to the Worthy final so it's good to be getting another chance to watch Rovers at the Millenium Stadium.

It will cost me £50 (tickets) plus whatever food and drink cost on day, I work for the railway so I get free travel to Cardiff.

I can understand that some fans cant go due to cost and stupid K.O time has also put a lot of people off as well, but for the ones that are making the trip let's get behind the lads and book another trip to Cardiff in May.

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

As I posted elsewhere my Brother works at the FA. Was out with him last night and cornered his boss about this (He is commercial director). I have to say that their intentions were not malicious but they are aware of the scale of the mistake.

They genuinely believed that with the growing popularity of the FA Cup in recent years that Cardiff was the best place to hold the Semi's simply because of the number of fans it can hold. Villa Park would have been sold out, but sold out means that more fans miss out.

The pricing of tickets is a seperate issue that needs to be addressed across football, how many of us think £45 is good value for money for any game? I certainly wont pay £45 to be treated like cattle at Chelsea next season. At the moment they are trying to squeeze every penny out of fans just like almost every other club (and we should be grateful to BRFC that Ewood tickets are amongst the cheapest in the EPL).

The timing is entirely out of the FA's hands it is a matter for the police and TV to decide (along with the law that won't allow 3pm televised Saturday games). You can be sure the FA and TV don't want it at 12.15 but that was the Police's call.

I'm not just trying to defend the FA here because I think that particularly on the ticket prices they are not acting in the fans interest's but I think in a lot of other ways they have their hands tied.

the reason for the ridiculous ko time was so that blackburn fans would be out of cardiff by the time manu and newcs arrive. don't think its gonna work though cos we're stopping saturday night as well. if everyone had stayed saturday after the game it would have blown up in the faces of the south wales plod and made the fa look like the useless tw*ts they are. ph34r.gif

the reason for the ridiculous ko time was so that blackburn fans would be out of cardiff by the time manu and newcs arrive. don't think its gonna work though cos we're stopping saturday night as well. if everyone had stayed saturday after the game it would have blown up in the faces of the south wales plod and made the fa look like the useless tw*ts they are. ph34r.gif

fair point. Im certainly staying after the game, who wants to celebrate on the M4?

anyone else staying Saturday night?

The Police position does seem a bit weird, I mean the Sunday game doesnt kick off until 4pm, plenty of time for the United fans to get there from Surrey (although I guess Newcastle fans will be staying over)

Up to 15k now apparantely - still poor.

I think its PATHETIC we cant sell out for our biggest game in YEARS.... What bigger game is there apart from the final? I don’t care what time its on at or at where it is - EVERYONE should be going!! ffs

Exactly. How can we complain, especially if Arsenal sell out their allocation? further to travel for them and higher cost.

Are you having a laugh? I'm guessing you are as it's a good 70 miles further for Rovers fans to travel than it is for Arsenal fans... The journey from Blackburn to Cardiff is not a fun one as many have pointed out - it's a heck of a site more straightforward from London, even if the M4 will resemble a car park on the Saturday morning!

rover.gif managed to talk 3 lads from work into going today,they are rovers supporters who go once or twice a year.with a bit off luck they might get cheaper tickets wink.gif ,well thats what i told them when the shift finished.i predicted we would take 15k a long while ago,i know loads off people who follow rovers who are not going,rather watch it in the pub-I WOULD LOVE IT-I MEAN LOVE IT,IF SKY TRANSMISSION OFF THE GAME WENT OFF IN THE LANCASHIRE AREA FOR 90 MINS tinykit.gif

fair point. Im certainly staying after the game, who wants to celebrate on the M4?

anyone else staying Saturday night?

The Police position does seem a bit weird, I mean the Sunday game doesnt kick off until 4pm, plenty of time for the United fans to get there from Surrey (although I guess Newcastle fans will be staying over)

I beleive the Man U vs Newcastle kicks of at 2pm

I've got a few mates who are ST holders at OT and they are travelling down Friday and Staying over the weekend as I'm sure many more will as well.

Anyway with a wedding on the Friday which will finish around 1am with a 4am start on the Saturday, I think a few pints of red bull (with vodka tongue.gif ) may be needed.

So with the £45 paid + £4 booking fee ohmy.gif and coach all arranged it's time to forget about the FA and the balls up that is this semi final and get back to looking forward to one of the biggest games we've had for ages and soak up the pre match build up thumbs-up.gif

When we win £45 will seem like an absolute bargain rover.gif

I think its PATHETIC we cant sell out for our biggest game in YEARS.... What bigger game is there apart from the final? I don’t care what time its on at or at where it is - EVERYONE should be going!! ffs

I could name numerous games in recent yrs which have been more important, Playoff 91-92, l'pool 95, wothy cup final, preston promotion 00-01.

Personally i would actually find it more pathetic if 30k rovers fans would turn up to cardiff at £45 a head, but only 20k turn up at £20 a head against Palace!

15 k is pathetic and embarrasing for a premiership club in its first fa cup semi final in 45 years, no matter how many people on this forum try and excuse it.

Somebody previously said on this thread 15k is a tremendous hardcore following. No its not, its rubbish! I haven't seen the attendance for the ldv vans game on sunday but i would guess southend and wrexham had similar followings!

I accept families are hindered by the cost, travel, time etc. However, my big gripe, as stated on another thread, is that come saturday, every pub in blackburn, darwen, accy etc will be packed with plastic rovers fans p***** their money away, at the same time complaining how they couldn't afford to go.

Nationally, we are fast getting the reputation as a badly supported team. I wouldnt be so bothered but we do have the numbers as shown by 30k to cardiff 2002 and 33k wembley 92. Its just annoying many of these choose not to go and support the rovers these days.

People in our town don't no how lucky they are to have a premiership club on their doorstep. Its nothing to do with money and being unable to afford to go. Sadly its pure apathy!

The timing is entirely out of the FA's hands it is a matter for the police and TV to decide (along with the law that won't allow 3pm televised Saturday games). You can be sure the FA and TV don't want it at 12.15 but that was the Police's call.

I'm not just trying to defend the FA here because I think that particularly on the ticket prices they are not acting in the fans interest's but I think in a lot of other ways they have their hands tied.

Possibly DuffM and we don't know the full ins and outs but.. -

If its nothing to do with the TV why is it being televised?

If the Police are that bothered why have they allowed both ties on the same weekend? ie. they said it was all decided last September and everybody was aware of this - correct ; however, there was no mention of any kicking off at 12 fecking 15 and you are not telling me it has taken them 6 months before anybody has realised the problems before.

In addition, as already discussed, why delay naming who plays whilst they wait for the Newcastle European game - why couldn't they just have said the Newcastle game would be on the Sunday?

REASON - Because they wanted to show ManU on the Saturday game, and if us or Arsenal had been playing them, the game would have been a 5-15 pm ko without a doubt.

Just shows that all the crap that has been coming out of the FA in their replies and comments has been lies and begs the question - why the feck do we have the FA?

Its been an absolute COCK UP

derby away play off semi final 2nd leg = there

play off final wembley = there

anfield=there

worthy cup final=there

relegation battle -there

prmotion and preston=there

every premierleague game at home since then=there

semi final of the fa cup =there

I have clocked so many games and spent so much money I dont know where to start. I have been lucky.

On Friday its my wife's 40th birthday party and I have to be there, however after the bar closes at 1201am, it is off to a curry house and then onto a coahc for a slow trip to wales.

I cannot groan, wy wife doesnt mind. After all when we won at cardiff she was in a hospital bed with a knee operation, she didnt mind me not being there.

This is a once in a life time opportunity.

spend spend spend after all you can always shoot the bailiffs when they come knocking !

Exactly. How can we complain, especially if Arsenal sell out their allocation? further to travel for them and higher cost.

Are you having a laugh? I'm guessing you are as it's a good 70 miles further for Rovers fans to travel than it is for Arsenal fans... The journey from Blackburn to Cardiff is not a fun one as many have pointed out - it's a heck of a site more straightforward from London, even if the M4 will resemble a car park on the Saturday morning!

Maybe we can forgive your poor geography as you are on the other side of the world. I live in London and have for the last four years. Before that I live in Blackburn and I can assure you that the journey from north London to Cardiff is nowhere near as difficult in terms of distance or hassle as it is from Blackburn. One straight motorway (M4) from one to the other for christs sake !! I've done it many times and in the car on a decent run 2 hours or so will do it. Plus there are loads of trains between the two, and also Arsenal fans are used to paying high prices for tickets.

Lets face it, the only people to blame for poor ticket sales are the FA, who in my opinion have made a huge balls up of the whole semi final weekend.

Can't blame the FA for me not being there - I'm bloody working and the manager is on holiday so I have to cover. I was gutted and I definitely gone had it not been for that.

Still, the FA have cocked up big time. Mind you I'm getting bored of slagging them off - they are a clueless band of numpties with the interests of the game/fans certainly NOT at heart.

Can't blame the FA for me not being there - I'm bloody working and the manager is on holiday so I have to cover. I was gutted and I definitely gone had it not been for that.

Still, the FA have cocked up big time. Mind you I'm getting bored of slagging them off - they are a clueless band of numpties with the interests of the game/fans certainly NOT at heart.

Can you not feel a migraine coming on? wink.gif

15 k is pathetic and embarrasing for a premiership club in its first fa cup semi final in 45 years, no matter how many people on this forum try and excuse it.

Somebody previously said on this thread 15k is a tremendous hardcore following. No its not, its rubbish! I haven't seen the attendance for the ldv vans game on sunday but i would guess southend and wrexham had similar followings!

I accept families are hindered by the cost, travel, time etc. However, my big gripe, as stated on another thread, is that come saturday, every pub in blackburn, darwen, accy etc will be packed with plastic rovers fans p***** their money away, at the same time complaining how they couldn't afford to go.

Nationally, we are fast getting the reputation as a badly supported team. I wouldnt be so bothered but we do have the numbers as shown by 30k to cardiff 2002 and 33k wembley 92. Its just annoying many of these choose not to go and support the rovers these days.

People in our town don't no how lucky they are to have a premiership club on their doorstep. Its nothing to do with money and being unable to afford to go. Sadly its pure apathy!

You know jack sh*t about the situation of most of the fans you moan about. Will you be moaning as much next week when we get a sub 20k crowd for Palace?

I couldn't face the long journey there and back in a day so i've gone for a guest house in newport on the friday night and train into cardiff on the sat morning,hope to set off early friday afternoon. Has anyone got any idea which is the better route M5/M4 or M5/M50/A40?

On the other points raised i too am unhappy with time and venue and the extra expense that i will incur. I have to take time off work as well.On the other hand its our biggest FA cup game in 45 years and tickets for me and my daughter only cost £52.50 so i got a better deal than most.

What is of concern for the future is that london based teams will have an inbuilt advantage if all subsequant semis are played at the new wembley.

I think I'll print off this topic and send it to Viz.

There's enough material contained within, in the form of EXCUSES, as to why folk aren't going to one of our biggest games in 45 years, to keep the rest of the UK football supporters in stitches for weeks on end.

If Arsenal, Man United and Newcastle fans are reading this, let alone those from Burnley, they must be wetting themselves.

We are an embarrassment. A laughing stock.

As I've said, nowt against those that genuinely can't afford, it's those that are making their excuses sound convincing and those that can't be arsed that I'm talking about. And there's a good few thousand of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.