BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "rovers May Take Less Than 15,000"

Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?

• I'll be arriving on Friday (or before)
    • I'll be arriving on Saturday
    • I'll not be there, the main reason was a prior engagement
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the KO time
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the cost
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (although I'll be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (I'll not be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the combined cost, location, travel problems etc make it unattractive
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply don't want to be
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply can't be botherd
    • I'll not be there, but for another reason altogether.

This poll is closed to new votes

To all those who are 'embarrassed' laugh.gif by our attendance for this game... get over it.

What's there to be embarrassed laugh.gif about? You are going, you are a true fan. All those who literally cannot afford to go are not true fans.

I mean, imagine wanting to feed the kids, or pay the bills instead, what are these people thinking about? This is the first time Rovers have been in the FA cup semi final for over 40 years. What could possibly stop these 'fans' paying around £100 to see this prestigious game, when a lot of them will be bringing home something like £170 per week.

To all those who put their family finances first, or are deciding which credit card to pay this month, instead of swelling the coffers of our caring sharing FA should HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME! (cos you embarrass us!) sad.gif

Edited by Tony Diamond Inc

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Tony,

For everyone who has slagged off supporters who are not going:

Got kids?

Got a mortgage?

Got family committments?

Got a job that involves working Saturday?

Pay council tax?

Pay house insurance?

Are you struggling to justify the cost of attending the match?

Every poster who has come on here and said why they are not going has said why they cannot go to Cardiff. You are therefore simply attacking people who cannot go for reasons which you do not know/appreciate.

Its pointless. Just be happy that you are going and feel sympathy for those who would like to go but (for some reason) can't.

(looking forward to being at Junction 19 on the M6 at about 07:00 waiting for my lift, dah dah da dah.....complete your own blues riff ...)

15 k is pathetic and embarrasing for a premiership club in its first fa cup semi final in 45 years, no matter how many people on this forum try and excuse it.

Somebody previously said on this thread 15k is a tremendous hardcore following. No its not, its rubbish! I haven't seen the attendance for the ldv vans game on sunday but i would guess southend and wrexham had similar followings!

I accept families are hindered by the cost, travel, time etc. However, my big gripe, as stated on another thread, is that come saturday, every pub in blackburn, darwen, accy etc will be packed with plastic rovers fans p***** their money away, at the same time complaining how they couldn't afford to go.

Nationally, we are fast getting the reputation as a badly supported team. I wouldnt be so bothered but we do have the numbers as shown by 30k to cardiff 2002 and 33k wembley 92. Its just annoying many of these choose not to go and support the rovers these days.

People in our town don't no how lucky they are to have a premiership club on their doorstep. Its nothing to do with money and being unable to afford to go. Sadly its pure apathy!

saves me writing anything....I think you said it all !!!

What a load of twaddle is written on here about our perspective following in Cardiff. If we are struggling to get 19k fans in for home matches - how on earth are we going to get 30k going to Cardiff for a semi-final that is on telly at 12:15 ?

Everyone that is one here that isn't going probably has a genuine reason - for me I can't afford the £200 it will cost to take my family to Cardiff. Believe me my kids are gutted - but I have a choice - I may be able to get the money together for one trip - but not two IF we got to the final.

Does that make me less of a fan ? Who knows - but I was regularly on the Blackburn End when we were only getting gates of about 7k - when times were really hard and we could only dream of the support we now have.

For those that claim we are renowned nationally as a poorly supported team - maybe - but those that have half a brain recognise our small catchment area (we are % of population wise one of the best supported teams in the Prem) and fierce local rivalries.

Believe me my kids are gutted - but I have a choice - I may be able to get the money together for one trip - but not two IF we got to the final.

Which game would be more important? To me its the semi final.

If we can get through this game then we will be in the final with plenty extra cah for the manager to spend in summer. Also maybe European Football. Ok you may not be able to afford the two but who is to say we will get to the final? The pundits and bookies dont, but we need the fans and vocal support to prove them wrong and to help the team.

Il be there singing my head off. While il be gutted at the following we will probably take, im sure WE will get behind OUR team.

I feel bad about this but I cant make saturday's semi as i'm running in the London Marathon the day after.

Satuday is the only day I can register and will have to get down to London early doors saturday. Considered not doing it, but I've raised over £1K for Breast Cancer already so impossible. Gutted as been to every single round so far and I just know that we're gonna beat them.

I'll make up for it by going all other home/away games but that's life I suppose.

If we win, I might even run in my rovers kit!!!

I reckon we'll take closer to 20K

I feel bad about this but I cant make saturday's semi as i'm running in the London Marathon the day after.

Satuday is the only day I can register and will have to get down to London early doors saturday. Considered not doing it, but I've raised over £1K for Breast Cancer already so impossible. Gutted as been to every single round so far and I just know that we're gonna beat them.

I'll make up for it by going all other home/away games but that's life I suppose.

If we win, I might even run in my rovers kit!!!

I reckon we'll take closer to 20K

it was a blessing in disguise when they didnt accept me biggrin.gif

Fans have until 5pm Friday for personal applications for tickets for the Semi Final.

Fans applying by phone or fax have until 3pm today to order their tickets in order for them to be posted in time.

Alternatively fans can phone/fax and reserve and collect at Ewood Park before 3pm Friday

Changed the Friday time

Edited by Lee

I accept families are hindered by the cost, travel, time etc. However, my big gripe, as stated on another thread, is that come saturday, every pub in blackburn, darwen, accy etc will be packed with plastic rovers fans p***** their money away, at the same time complaining how they couldn't afford to go.

So let's do the sums, shall we?

£45 for the ticket + £4 booking fee (FFS) + £50 (ballpark) for a train (it's probably more) + £20 sundries make it a minimum £119 spend.

Watching it in the pub - I would watch it at home but I can't afford the £35 or whatever it is per month for sky - 4 pints @ £2 a pint = £8. After I've finished paying the mortgage and nursery fees and everything else this month, I think I can just about afford that.

Let it be known that the first thing I did when the kick off time was announced was look into the cost of tickets, times and costs of trains. I just can't afford it. I imagine many others are in exactly the same situation as myself.

Up to 15k now apparantely - still poor.

I think its PATHETIC we cant sell out for our biggest game in YEARS.... What bigger game is there apart from the final? I don’t care what time its on at or at where it is - EVERYONE should be going!! ffs

Exactly. How can we complain, especially if Arsenal sell out their allocation? further to travel for them and higher cost.

Are you having a laugh? I'm guessing you are as it's a good 70 miles further for Rovers fans to travel than it is for Arsenal fans... The journey from Blackburn to Cardiff is not a fun one as many have pointed out - it's a heck of a site more straightforward from London, even if the M4 will resemble a car park on the Saturday morning!

Maybe we can forgive your poor geography as you are on the other side of the world. I live in London and have for the last four years. Before that I live in Blackburn and I can assure you that the journey from north London to Cardiff is nowhere near as difficult in terms of distance or hassle as it is from Blackburn. One straight motorway (M4) from one to the other for christs sake !! I've done it many times and in the car on a decent run 2 hours or so will do it. Plus there are loads of trains between the two, and also Arsenal fans are used to paying high prices for tickets.

Lets face it, the only people to blame for poor ticket sales are the FA, who in my opinion have made a huge balls up of the whole semi final weekend.

Fair enough, looks same distance on the map. Still poor effort anyway.

well said yorkshire blue, i'm a season ticket holder with the same financial commitments as you. it really pees me off when pepole on this message board say that fans that dont go arent really fans at all. i would go and want to go but find it impossible with the cost.

Instead of asking 'how many we sold' now, when we know its not going to be a lot, lets get on with looking forward to the game now.

My heart says we will sneak it, my head says not.

Staying in Holiday Inn Cardiff, meeting in Postal Order 10am Friday. Anyone fancy meeting in Cardiff Fri night let me know!

COME ON ROVERS

After I've finished paying the mortgage and nursery fees and everything else this month, I think I can just about afford that.

What sort of a fan are you, putting your kids and family before your club? rolleyes.gif Can't you not feed your kids for a few weeks? Maybe even sell one of them? Of course Rovers should be the only thing in your life! wink.gif

16500 apparently

not to bad then

looks like we'll get 17000

err, you asked how many we think we'll take, to which I replied 16,500.

We haven't sold that figure, we've sold about a thousand less!

I would be absolutely delighted to go but the problem for me is not the cost or the location, although being in Edinburgh as a student means it would be a major drain on funds.

Put simply I do not possess any friends who are Rovers supporters. I love Blackburn and would go to every game I could afford but I cannot stomach traveling for games on my own. I did it quite a few times at away games when I lived in London and that was okay, I could meet mates in the pub afterwards, but going 200 miles to Ewood or 500 to Cardiff and having to stay in a hotel on my own just does not appeal.

Football is a group experience and that option is just not available to me. Anybody in Edinburgh in the same position?

Edited by joey_big_nose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.