BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "rovers May Take Less Than 15,000"

Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?

• I'll be arriving on Friday (or before)
    • I'll be arriving on Saturday
    • I'll not be there, the main reason was a prior engagement
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the KO time
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the cost
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (although I'll be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (I'll not be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the combined cost, location, travel problems etc make it unattractive
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply don't want to be
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply can't be botherd
    • I'll not be there, but for another reason altogether.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we all ready for the ticket fiasco when we get through to the final ? Hopefully fans who attended the semi will get first stab at the tickets, but knowing Rovers track record ???

Would have thought that will be straightforward

1- St holders who went to cardiff

2 - st holders who didnt

3 - anyone else.

Are we all ready for the ticket fiasco when we get through to the final ? Hopefully fans who attended the semi will get first stab at the tickets, but knowing Rovers track record ???

Would have thought that will be straightforward

1- St holders who went to cardiff

2 - st holders who didnt

3 - anyone else.

It's probably in the small print that all season ticket holders get priority regardless, but I think that should we get to the Final then the fairest sales order should be ;

1/ Season Ticket Holders who went to the Semi,

2/ Non Season Ticket holders who went to the Semi,

(so everyone at Cardiff on Saturday should be sorted)

3/ Other Season Ticket holders,

4/ Anyone else

...but let's get to the Final first !! Roll on Saturday !

I would be absolutely delighted to go but the problem for me is not the cost or the location, although being in Edinburgh as a student means it would be a major drain on funds.

Put simply I do not possess any friends who are Rovers supporters. I love Blackburn and would go to every game I could afford but I cannot stomach traveling for games on my own. I did it quite a few times at away games when I lived in London and that was okay, I could meet mates in the pub afterwards, but going 200 miles to Ewood or 500 to Cardiff and having to stay in a hotel on my own just does not appeal.

Football is a group experience and that option is just not available to me. Anybody in Edinburgh in the same position?

A couple of years back I was in Edinburgh for a works Christmas Party and managed (through this board) to get in contact with a couple of Scottish Rovers fans (who read but didn't post) from just outside the city (Falkirk I think). They kindly gave me a lift down to Ewood for the Man Utd game and sadly I lost their email address very soon after (if you're reading this guys, drop me a line, I never did get the chance to say "Thank You" properly).

I feel bad about this but I cant make saturday's semi as i'm running in the London Marathon the day after.

Satuday is the only day I can register and will have to get down to London early doors saturday. Considered not doing it, but I've raised over £1K for Breast Cancer already so impossible. Gutted as been to every single round so far and I just know that we're gonna beat them.

I'll make up for it by going all other home/away games but that's life I suppose.

If we win, I might even run in my rovers kit!!!

I reckon we'll take closer to 20K

Part timer wink.gif

I don't remember seeing you at the Cardiff away match ?

it really pees me off when pepole on this message board say that fans that dont go arent really fans at all. i would go and want to go but find it impossible with the cost.

What pees me off is that some think they have the right to comment on people's individual circumstances.

If people can't afford it they can't afford it - simple as. It doesn't make them any less of a fan than those of us who are going.

p.s.

To him who it may concern - train tickets are booked. Pick you up about 04.45.

Edited by mjs

I would be absolutely delighted to go but the problem for me is not the cost or the location, although being in Edinburgh as a student means it would be a major drain on funds.

Put simply I do not possess any friends who are Rovers supporters. I love Blackburn and would go to every game I could afford but I cannot stomach traveling for games on my own. I did it quite a few times at away games when I lived in London and that was okay, I could meet mates in the pub afterwards, but going 200 miles to Ewood or 500 to Cardiff and having to stay in a hotel on my own just does not appeal.

Football is a group experience and that option is just not available to me. Anybody in Edinburgh in the same position?

There is a fairly large group of us who always meet up in Edinburgh at the Queens Arms on Frederick Street for all of Rovers TV games. We also regularly travel both home and away. Cheap flights from Edinburgh to London, Manchester and now Cardiff have proved quite a boon and add a kind of European feel to trips on top of the traditional "derbies" at Newcastle, Boro etc. You are more than welcome to join us at the Queens or PM me for more info. Don't know what the situation will be there on Sat though as I think most of us are going to Cardiff.

Put simply ...if Blackburn, the town, was twice the size it actually is in population terms we would have sold all the tickets. Put another way.....there will be more non-attending 'fans' (with 'can't afford it' excuses etc.) from the other three semi-finalists' cities than there will be from Blackburn. Bet Newcastle, London and ..er..Surrey pubs are just as full of 'deadheads' this weekend as the pubs of Blackburn.

Put simply ...if Blackburn, the town, was twice the size it actually is in population terms we would have sold all the tickets. Put another way.....there will be more non-attending 'fans' (with 'can't afford it' excuses etc.) from the other three semi-finalists' cities than there will be from Blackburn. Bet Newcastle, London and ..er..Surrey pubs are just as full of 'deadheads' this weekend as the pubs of Blackburn.

Spot on!

All it needs is a little perspective.

What a load of twaddle is written on here about our perspective following in Cardiff. If we are struggling to get 19k fans in for home matches - how on earth are we going to get 30k going to Cardiff for a semi-final that is on telly at 12:15 ?

Everyone that is one here that isn't going probably has a genuine reason - for me I can't afford the £200 it will cost to take my family to Cardiff. Believe me my kids are gutted - but I have a choice - I may be able to get the money together for one trip - but not two IF we got to the final.

Does that make me less of a fan ? Who knows - but I was regularly on the Blackburn End when we were only getting gates of about 7k - when times were really hard and we could only dream of the support we now have.

For those that claim we are renowned nationally as a poorly supported team - maybe - but those that have half a brain recognise our small catchment area (we are % of population wise one of the best supported teams in the Prem) and fierce local rivalries.

because we took 30k to cardiff 3 years ago at a 2pm kick off, although it was a final but of a much lesser competition. because we took 33k to wembley in 92 when we were a much smaller club. because, Id guess we took far more to the meaningless charity shield games, certainly v united in 94, than the 16 - 17k we are taking to cardiff on sunday. because, id guess 25 - 30 k, although i stand to be corrected, went to wembley in 87 v charlton, in the era when we did get the 7k gates you refer to.

Thats why our following for the semi should be much bigger than it is now. The above facts show how our following for the coming semi is abysmal, and embarassing. Were not a one man and his dog outfit, the above shows for our big occasions in recent years we have churned out some very good followings. Where are they now?

I understand there will be rovers fans (families) staying at home because they couldnt afford £180 for tickets plus travel etc. Thats understandable. However, for many other rovers 'fans', it was a case of couldn't be bothered to go, and cost, travel, time provided an excuse not to go.

ps. as for people on this thread criticising myself and others for raising our views on the subject, I do believe this particular thread is concerned with the lack of support at cardiff, and that we are entiltled to our views, however unpopular with some.

Unfortunately Im not in Edinburgh, but I know how you feel! I very rarely make it to Ewood, and when i do go to away games i tend to go with opposition supporters, which means either sitting away from Rovers support or sneakily not letting on what section id purchased the tickets in! Having said that i did go down to Elland Rd on my own last season, shame it doesnt look like ill be able to do that one again too soon, specially as i know a few of the bar staff there.

As for Cardiff the cost is ridiculous. Had it been at Villa Park and as student loans have just come through, i would have probably gone as my uncle lives close by. Hotel prices in Cardiff will be stupid as they know they can fill that weekend with Utd fans coming from thousands of miles away anyway

Edited by andy82

What's all this £45 a ticket anyway?

For all those ST holders who really wanted to go there was a £25 or £35 option. I know, I set my stall out and got one, as did many others I know.

All those of you that have had to go for the more expensive option, unlucky, but speaking from my own experience (in the words of Dr. Robert of the Blow Monkeys) It doesn't have to be that way.

What's all this £45 a ticket anyway?

For all those ST holders who really wanted to go there was a £25 or £35 option. I know, I set my stall out and got one, as did many others I know.

All those of you that have had to go for the more expensive option, unlucky, but speaking from my own experience (in the words of Dr. Robert of the Blow Monkeys) It doesn't have to be that way.

It's not rocket science LD. There were only a limited number of cheaper tickets available and they got snapped up pretty quickly (apart from the odd single ticket).

I'm sure lots of us applied for the cheaper ones, I know I did, but by the time the club processed my application they'd gone. There's not been any left for at least a week now.

With all this arguing about how many fans were about to take (of which I'm of the opinion that only under extreme circumstances should you not be going) At least our esteemed neighbours can't crow at us about support as this nuggett has appeared on the FA website.

''For five seasons from 1969-70 to 1973-74 the losing FA Cup Semi-Finalists played each other in a “Match for Third Place”. In the last of these Burnley beat Leicester City 1-0 before a crowd of just 4,000 at Filbert Street''.

wrong time, wrong place, wrong cost.

does that sum it up for everyone?

yes but thats all been said so why sa it again

This is an argument that's gone on and on. Both sides have put their points across, and they keep getting repeated. Everyone seems to have forgotten that there is a game on- who's going to be watching the crowd anyway.

The argument's been going round and round in circles.

You either go or you don't for whatever reason.

I think we all appreciate the difficulty of the day, it's not possible for all Rovers fans who want to go to be able to make it in time for kick off, plus the cost for families who I feel most sorry for out of anyone who want to go.

The FA made the kick off time, if it had been a kick off later on in the afternoon then I'm fairly sure we'd get more fans to Cardiff, not near selling out but a few more than the numbers that have been recently mentioned.

To be honest, I really cannot see why this is not locked now then we can actually get onto the matter in hand - the game, rather than slagging each other off whos going, whos not going, why we wont sell out, how pathetic we are.

Get over it, who gives a flying hoots what the nation think, I really do hope I come back plastered Saturday in a fantastic mood as my team gave it their all - win or lose

lets actually talk about what a bloody occasion its going to be from now on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.