BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "rovers May Take Less Than 15,000"

Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Cardiff at the weekend and if not, why not ?

• I'll be arriving on Friday (or before)
    • I'll be arriving on Saturday
    • I'll not be there, the main reason was a prior engagement
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the KO time
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the cost
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (although I'll be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the location (I'll not be in the UK at the time).
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is the combined cost, location, travel problems etc make it unattractive
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply don't want to be
    • I'll not be there, the main reason is I simply can't be botherd
    • I'll not be there, but for another reason altogether.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most rovers fans that are going, i am frustrated at our following as i feel the team would have a far better chance of progressing with 30,000 cheering us on.

I am going but i am fortunate enough to be able to afford it, i fully understand those with families who cant.

I personally cant wait now, it is our duty to sing our heatrs out and back the team-

ignore all the jibs from other fans about our crowds- and have a great day!

rover.gif

In 1995 we played Spurs away & lost… 3-1. If you see the coverage of the game – we must have had 3,000 behind the nets (at least)

The ticket prices will have been one of the most expensive in league (London team) + it was on Sky… so why did we not only take a few hundred then?

Back in 1995 we had gone in the space of 4 years from being on our way to the old division 3 to becomming the richest, most progressive club in the land by a long way. We had the best striker in the world up front, a team full of top class internationals and Mark Atkins. Footy was still riding the crest of the bSKYb 'boom' and attendances were rising. We were also challenging for the premier league title. Oh, and they had Jurgen Klinsmann. Thats why we took 3,000.

Back to the Arsenal game, the problem in my eyes is we've now been there and done it. Most people went for the Worthy cup final. Had we never been there before I feel sure you could add 8,000 onto our travelling support on saturday. Also this may sound daft but if we win we don't actually win. It's a semi-final and as much as we shall rejoice in the fact that we're in the FA cup final we've not actually won anything.

Couple that with horrendous ticket prices, especially for kids, and a ludicrous kick off time and in my eyes it's fairly obvious why we aren't taking many more.

Rovers may have a genuine hardcore support of around 10,000 now with the rest being 'casual' fans. These aren't fans that don't care .I'm sure they do. But to them maybe Rovers aren't as high up the priority ladder as they are for the more vociferously critical ones on here. Therefore wiping otr at least a full day of their time (or more if they go down before) and paying travel fee's plus £45 a ticket for what is still only a semi-final is not attractive to the casual fan.

Cant wait for Friday, off to Cardiff to support the team and personally couldnt give one hoot to how many supporters we have or havent, so long as i'm their and the gay community keeps their distance.

The gay carnival has obviously put a lot of our people off, were as the cosmopolitan cities of London, Manchester & Newcastle with their gay communities see it as a double wammy weekend - the real reason?.

So lets get behind the team, the English Football Association are the only culprits in this semi - affair.

GET THIS WENT DOWN TODAY AT 10AM AND SAPPED MY SEAT FOR CITY GAME.THE GIRL BEHIND THE WINDOW SIGHED ,I SAID "OH ONE OF THEM DAYS IS IT ?" SHE SAID "ONE OF THEM 2DAYS IM SICK OF SELLING CARDIFF TICKETS AND I HOPE THEY LOSE SO I DONT HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!!!"

GREAT ATTITUDE LOVE WHO PAYS YOUR BLOODY WAGES?? mad.gif

Wellesbourne's one and only blue will be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Don't go to Ewood as much as i would like, but this is my first time at an FA CUP SEMI after 26 years of following Rover's.

Wet nights at Chesterfield and Wrexham many moons ago - who could ave dreamt then where we would be now.

I intend to bloody enjoy saturday - so lets get behind them toa man.

Yes it's a dear do for all of us - and respect to those who are and aren't going - lets just hope we are back on here on the sunday congratulating each other with sore heads and anticipating a repeat trip to the Milennium !

Should be OK, your B&B is not too far from the YMCA you know!

Perhaps JAL's got a bunk, seems like a nice boy. wink.gif

See you tomorrow...sup it and love it!

Won the Cup three times on the run

Champions of Division One

Division Three, didn't bother me (apart from Ken Furphy)

We are the Blackburn....Rovers!

Better version than a bow-legged chicken!?!

(edit note - atrocious use of apostrophe! rover.gifthumbs-up.giftinykit.gifbiggrin.gif )

Edited by Billinge End Blue

Cant wait for Friday, off to Cardiff to support the team and personally couldnt give one hoot to how many supporters we have or havent, so long as i'm their and the gay community keeps their distance.

The gay carnival has obviously put a lot of our people off, were as the cosmopolitan cities of London, Manchester & Newcastle with their gay communities see it as a double wammy weekend - the real reason?.

Ha, Ha, is this a wind up? If not this is surely the best excuse ever for not going to a game.

"I might get my bum felt by a fat bloke in hotpants called Daffyd."

I can imagine the headlines in the LET - ROVERS FANS IN GAY STAY AWAY SHOCKER.

My advice to everyone is not to get too ###### on Friday or you might end up with more than you bargained for.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Getting away from all this gay talk , does anyone know if Arsenal took up the extra tickets in the West stand ? And does anyone know where all our empty seats are likely to be ?

Surely the answer is in the question.

The west stand?

Good point , Alan smile.gif But weren't they planning on starting from the East stand (if that's what it's called ) and working the way around ? I'm just wondering if it'll be possible to shift away from my rather lowly seat in the North bottom tier to somewhere more worthy of the £45 I splashed out .... tinykit.gif

That's if the FA don't mind me borrowing one of their empty seats unsure.gif

rover.gif i can remenber going to watch england in sweden in the euro championships,the ticket cost me £35 in 1992 so once in the ground me and my cousin stood on 2 seats each,one leg on each seat.i call that value for money tinykit.gif

Right, I'm over the fact that there are certain people not going, so be it.

Setting off at 12:45 and can't wait. Let's get there, get obscenely drunk and make more noise than the city can take.

Hope to see a load of you for a drink in the centre tonight....let's make ourselves heard.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!! tinykit.gif

[

Are you actually going yourself?

The reason I ask is that generally it seems the people who make the most noise about our level of support don't go themselves.

People who find the club "embarrassing" because of our followings really get on my nipples. It's all about supporting your team, your club. What does it really matter to you if x thousand people you've never met choose to go or not? It's a matter of choice, it's not compulsory, and you can't force anyone to go.

More to the point where were all these people "embarrassed" now by 20,000 gates when we were getting 7,000 gates in the 80's in division 2 or even 4,000 in division 3 in the 70's?

Probably not even born then but if they were no doubt they wouldn't have supported us because it would be far too "embarrassing" being associated with such an unfashionable club or being seen in such a small crowd.

A "proper" fan (God I hate that phrase) would support us no matter what and wouldn't be particularly concerned if there were 3,000 or 30,000 like minded souls alongside him or her. (Although obviously the latter is nicer)

And if I read once more that someone going to this one off game is more of a "proper" fan than a season ticket holder who forks out his money season after season I think I'll scream.

RANT OVER:

P.S. After all the hot air expended on this thread it's a 4am start, it's live on TV, it's mostly £45 per head with no reductions for kids, we currently average only 19,000 at home with 14,000 season ticket holders. Yet we're now looking like taking a respectableish 16,500.

Much ado about nothing? If you must have a moan direct it at the FA not your fellow supporters.

NOW CAN WE FINALLY GET DOWN TO TALKING ABOUT THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY MATTERS? TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO WIN THIS BLOODY GAME OF FOOTBALL!!! smile.giftinykit.gifthumbs-up.gif

Yes I am going!

RANT OVER!

Comon Rovers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.