BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Anti-rovers Setiment

americanrover

Talk about rubbish in the media, how can Football365 justify publishing the following email in their Mailbox feature?

More On Diving

The diving debate rolls on and on.......

I read an article last week about the antics of Andy Johnson in which the journalist wrote "AJ is not a diver like, say Ballack or Pires, he's much cleverer than that' blah blah blah. Pires dived against Pompey and was rightly slagged off for it but that was nearly 2 years ago and yet he's always cited in these debates...........Why? The bloke at least had the decency to stick out a leg and make contact with de Zeuww as he fell unlike, say Rooney who just cheated blatantly and won a match and (in the main view) had a massive impact on a whole season. W

hat about Ronaldo? Tomorrow is his big chance to complete a hat-trick of disgrace. Michael Owen has cheated Argentina twice, no problem cos they are cheating scum I suppose (I did enjoy it though!)

What about Savage, a bloke who deserves a red card in EVERY game he plays and the inexplicable lenience by referees in his favour has led to him regularly and shamelessly quoting his record of no domestic sendings off in his career. He's making refs look stupid and getting away with it. Finally, can we now hope to have heard the last of the "foreign mercenaries only here for the money at the expense of home-grown talent cobblers".

Rio and Ashley have shown us all what "home grown loyalty" exists in the premiership these days.

Oh by the way, Rio says Nev was "having a laugh" with the Scousers on Wednesday - I agree it was hilarious!

Rant over.

Binesy, London

Source: http://www.football365.com/opinion/mailbox...ry_150552.shtml

Robbie Savage deserves a red card in every game he plays?!

Now I have heard it all!

This stuff is really hurting the club.

Edited by James No. 7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at this article. Why don't they include the words thug, animal, disgraceful and hooligan like all the reactions to Todd did.

Pay special attention to the line:-

Todd was charged but the case against him was found "not proven" and he escaped punishment. Lauren's disciplinary record is considerably better than Todd's and..... 

Since 1999 (only stats I could find)

Todd - 126 app , 23 bookings , 1 sending off , (1 booking every 5.4 games)

Lauren - 194 app , 40 bookings , 1 sending off , (1 booking every 4.85 games)

Considerably better blink.gif

Edit - remember the digraceful scenes at the end of the game at Old Trafford as couplke of years back. Which player got the biggest punishment. Keown? Viera? No, it was the Angel Lauren.

Clicky Clicky

But of course, his disciplinary record is considerably better than Todds.

Not that I'm bitter! wink.gif

Edited by Hasta

I've sent Mr Stammers an email showing your stats, Hasta. Haven't mentioned the other incident, will wait for his reply, it will come in handy as extra ammunition!

He sent me a reply to my last missive stating that as far as he was concerned Andy was guilty (elbow incident at semi - ha!) but that Mark B and Eddie were his best mates in football and he didn't want Rovers to be relegated! He also thought MH had got tactics wrong for the semi.

"sports journalism is one of the few places where a level of expertise or experience in the subject matter is not a pre-requisite to professionally commenting or analysing it"

Actually, the sad truth is that sports journalism is one of the few areas of journalism where journos have to make at least some attempt to get their basic facts right, given the large numbers of eye-witnesses and exposure.

If you read any political report, business report, City pages, or (worst of all) arts or music review, you can read stuff that's entirely made up or at best spun out of very thin raw facts.

Try reading any government white paper, official report (e.g. the Butler Report) or similar, and then reading the press comment. It's appalling.

So did I. Thats why I included the Van Nistelrooy incident in my post.

However as the Bolton / Charlton incidents were internal issues I don't know if the FA ever got involved. Therefore it should have no bearing on any charges being levelled against Todd.

However as the Bolton / Charlton incidents were internal issues I don't know if the FA ever got involved. Therefore it should have no bearing on any charges being levelled against Todd.

Well it's not unkown for people to get angry and have a pop at each other - I don't know the circumstances of Andy's 'previous' anyway and if it wasn't during a match I don't see the relevence either, Hasta.

Still, I'm not too worried. I shall keep Steve S's comments in mind and wait for an opportune moment. I'm hoping there's a bust-up at the Cup Final - given that it's the only opportunity for silverware this year for either team with any luck there'll be some fireworks! And I'm holding the VN incident back for future use. biggrin.gif

SS isn't going to get one over on me!

Edited by roversmum

"No one likes us, we don't care"

Some people obviously care or topics like this wouldn't amount to 16 pages.

I genuinely don't care, they can say what they want. Don't really see the point of e-mailing people and trying to change their minds...in fact, I quite like it that everyone hates us, makes it that much sweeter when we win.

Here Here mate ... well said!!!

Thanks. I try my best.

Can you imagine the media reaction if Robbie Savage or Andy Todd booted the ball at a kid in the crowd???  mad.gif

I suspect a death by hanging would be called for.

Edited by James No. 7

Lawro predicts Rovers

"Fulham had a poor result against Newcastle in midweek and are not very good on the road.

Mark Hughes has guided Blackburn to safety and with half a million pounds per place to play for he will be urging them to finish as high as possible.

well cut my wrists and black my eyes. ohmy.gif

This may of already of been said on another topic, but last weeks MOTD gave us last place AGAIN against Brum, eventhough we had 3 goals in our game, including one from Emile Heskey! But Newcastle and Crystal Palace who played out a 0-0 draw go before us!!!

Unbelievable, eventhough this isnt the first time its happened.

This may of already of been said on another topic, but last weeks MOTD gave us last place AGAIN against Brum, eventhough we had 3 goals in our game, including one from Emile Heskey! But Newcastle and Crystal Palace who played out a 0-0 draw go before us!!!

Unbelievable, eventhough this isnt the first time its happened.

To be fair the Palace game was more significant to the neutral as it was a key battle in the relegation dogfight whereas for the neutral this was a game between two mid table teams with nothing to play for. Having said that considering the bad blood between the two sides in recent months I was suprised it wasn't on earlier.

• 4 months later...
Also on last night's MOTD, the rare sight of an Arsenal player being booked for simulation.

A much less obvious dive than some of the limp efforts on Saturday at that. Mind you it was against Chelsea, their players wouldn't foul anyone would they?

311162[/snapback]

It seems BRFC are not the only victims of Arsenals well rehearsed wibbly woobly antics.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...71&in_a_source=

'leeesten mes amies, everytime yoo looz ze ball you merst immediately fall over and fool ze referee eentoo geeving us ze free keek.'

btw just re-read that and it sounds more like Inspecter Clouseau is managing the Arse than Wenger. rolleyes.gif

It seems BRFC are not the only victims of Arsenals well rehearsed wibbly woobly antics.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...71&in_a_source=

'leeesten mes amies, everytime yoo looz ze ball you merst immediately fall over and fool ze referee eentoo geeving us ze free keek.'

btw just re-read that and it sounds more like Inspecter Clouseau is managing the Arse than Wenger.    rolleyes.gif

349053[/snapback]

I resent the french jokes...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.