BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 City 0

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previews this season have been excellent. It's never certain how these things will work out, but the volunteer contributions have been great, to a man.

What will we do next season, I wonder? Same again or something different?

Well, you could give Nuclearsox a fulltime job as preview'er.. wink.gif

He hasn't been the only provider btw, the previews this season has been nothing short of excellent.

As for the lineup:

Friedel-

Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Matteo-

Emerton, Reid, Mokoena, Tugay, Gamst Pedersen-

Stead-

With Mokoena playing in a deep role, I don't really think we need that extra machine that Flitty can provide in midfield. A classy Turk is more like it, creativity is always something we need. Savage rested because of his injury, the same goes for Dickov. (Stead has according to you lot played well against Palace aswell, I would love it if he could keep it up, and perhaps score a goal!)

Oh, and the result: 2-1 Rovers!

Edited by herbergeehh

another victory on the cards i hope after the performance against palace we should thrive against a fired up stuart pearce team.

Only thing im worried about is players being tired. played alot of games in the last few weeks, might see a bit of rotation from sparky.

hope stead plays again, and it would be immense if he could bury 1 or 2 or even 3 for rovers!!! biggrin.gif

I must say im very excited about this game, theres no doubt we can win it, the players who were (as i call it) bored under souness have started proving that they are worth their wage in the last couple of weeks, and in the knowledge that were officially safe, theres no pressure, just pleasure,

I do think this press attention has had a fairly decent effect, morale seems to be high, Todd's been found not guilty too, all good!!

Cmon the rovers

Gaz Prediction: we'll nip a goal, and win it 1-0, the soon-to-be-legendary Morten will be the scorer. tinykit.gif

Gaz Line up: Same as the others.

Friedel

Neill Toddy Nelsen Matteo

Moko

Emmo Reidy Tugay Morten

Stead

I just hope this is entertaining as the Palace game. I think you could sense the players knew that 3 points last night meant pressure off and from out point of view we can sit back and really see what Hughes can produce in a slightly different ball game.

This may well be a good game, with no pressure our boys will start to play more. I would most definitley start Tugay. This is the sort of occasion he revels in. I really hope he sticks around for another year, he's a real joy to watch.

I'll go for a scoring draw.

I'm pretty confident about this one (after the palace game). i think we will win 2 - 0. would like to see a 4-4-2 again for the last 30 mins. stead and gally (if he's fit) together once again. tugay will probably show us why we will need him for the next season. (got a feeling about that) wink.gif

i think you underestimate city. they are a good team when they want to be.

Yea, but they can also be really really rubbish. You just dont know how they're gonna be.

But this time I feel that we've got the necessary in defence to keep them at bay, whilst if they start bombing forward we could nick a goal, or two, or three maybe biggrin.gif

Was it just me or did anyone else think the players looked tired towards the end v Palace? As it should be the same team as last time (pending Savage's fitness) the players must be pretty knackered by now. Can see that going against us. Sadly City are also on the up.

Reckon it'll be a draw 1-1 though is most definately winnable.

When we beat City on Saturday, it will put as 2 points behind them with a game extra to play. I am looking up the table not down now, for the first time since, erm, 5-1 over Wolves!!

Rovers to beat another shower at Ewodd 3-0 again.

Rovers to be last on MOTD at approx 3.14 am on Sunday morning, for 8.4 seconds.

Crowd to be exactly 23,339.

Nostradamus in the house...

I am looking up the table not down now, for the first time since, erm, 5-1 over Wolves!!

Meanwhile, in pedant's corner.......

Oz, weren't we top of the table after that, so we couldn't look much further up? There goes your Nostradamus reputation.......... wink.gif

This will be a sterner home test than either Southampton or Palace ... Pearce has got City playing some good stuff ... carving out a lot of chances and conceeding very few. Here's hoping our well drilled defence can maintain it's high standards, with no lapses in concentration ... AND here's hoping MGP passes his fitness test!

Rovers to win 1 - 0

Steadinho (for the love of God ... please!!!

tinykit.gifthumbs-up.giftinykit.gif

Both teams will go into this game with confidence after the results in the week. Man City are playing well under Pearce and will be tough to beat. Our home form has improved under Hughes, as has our defending. We should be confident about keeping a clean sheet and getting some goals at the other end. Against Palace we created at least nine clear cut chances, but only scored one. We have to start to taking our chances. The fact that we have secured our Premiership survival should mean that the players feel totally liberated of any doubts that they may have had about going down and respond with a good win. 2-0 to Rovers with Stead and Reid to get the goals.

Friedal

Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Matteo

Mokoena

Emerton, Reid, Savge/Tugay, Pedersen

Stead

I'm not sure if Tugay or Savage should start. There are doubts about Savage's fitness, but I can't decide if we should risk him or go with Tugay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.