SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Parkes Testimonial

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As unlikely as Exeter getting a draw against the Scum at OT, well said Jan. And a whole post not mentioning Newcastle, Souness, or those Glasgow teams that I forget the names of. I knew it would happen one day, just didn't think I'd be alive to see it wink.gif .

Does it really matter (to the fans) that TP will trouser at most 50k coughed up by us paying punters - for that, I've assumed various things like a gate of around 8k and a mixture of adults and kids, the club meets expenses such as stewards, all the players turn up for free........... I know 50k is not to be sneezed at but in the grand scheme of all things football, it's not earth shattering. For helping keep Rovers in the Prem for quite a few years, is he worth that?

And neither is it into bank manager territory to pay 10 quid to go along.

the lack of a *star* player, someone who made the hair on the back of your neck stand up, someone that made the crowd stand up when he got the ball, waiting in anticipation on what he would do. Someone you'd pay the admission fee just to see in action.

Spot on. Have a Citeh supporting mate who won't reapply for his season ticket unless Wright Phillips stays/ Musampa signs.

I cant usually afford to pay for ewood games only to get thrown out for refusing to sit, but im hoping to come over tomorrow night for this, Super Atko in a Rovers shirt again....

smile.gif

The Darwen End ticket office will be open tomorrow evening for tickets for the Darwen End and the Jack Walker End, so if you want to avoid the inevitable queues at the Blackburn End ticket office, use t'other one!

Alternatively, book via the internet now and collect your tickets on the day!

Just checked the tv schedules........its not on.

And theres no radio com either......

Not sure about internet coverage.......maybe some obscure far east betting chain might be covering the game.

The only way to experience this game is to be at Ewood. tinykit.gif

well i ain't going on tuesday,shift work saves the day for me,but i would not attend anyway as i went to mr parkes testemonial first time round.

tp has made plenty off money from brfc,he ain't on skid row,###### happens in life every day

Contemptible.

The club should keep a record of who attends games such as this and the next time there's limited availability for ANY game, people who have made statements such as this (and haven't attended) shouldn't be allowed one.

As Gav says, I fear for the future of the club. The average supporter has been spoilt, and like any spoilt brat demands more until it can't be satisfied. Then it just checks out and sulks. That's what a load of our supporters have done. They whine on about not being able to afford the ticket then spend more than that in the evening in the pub, discussing how great a supporter of "our" club they are, and what's gone wrong. Well, what's gone wrong is that the club has declining revenue because of our "great" support deserting in droves and can't afford to purchase the players the "supporters" demand. That in turn leads to a downward spiral and support of Burnley-like proportions in the Premiership!!!

I don't know what the remedy is, but unlike others I DO want to berate others.

rover.gif the last time i talked to tony parkes.martin taylor was on loan at darlington,there game had been on tele the previous sunday.

i said to parkes,tiny had a real good game on sunday.

he replies,did you go?

no it was on telly i reply

oh,i do my shopping on a sunday,replies tp

well thats the guy who saved us so many times,could not put a shopping trip off,to watch a future star mad.gif

so janice love,that's the reason why i won't be there

not my second or 1st team are on telly tonight tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.