BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Baggies 1 - 1 Rovers

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif if i was a norwich/soton/palace fan i would be very sceptical about this game.hughes and robson were part off the early 90's side that started there domination off the pl.

will hughes play the old pal act for his big mate robbo?

i usually back the blues to win,and usually big money,i will not be having a wager on this game. tinykit.gif

anyone know how parking is around the ground?

How long are you leaving to travel? I hardly ever drive around that way so unsure how much to allow for rush hour etc

BR

Its not the best place for parking but obviously always depends on what time you get there (unless you park away and want to walk a distance)

Tend to park on the hotel (travel lodge?) that is just of the motorway and roundabout 3rd exit I think then first right and right again back under the motorway about £5/£6. There is also a sports bar there where you can get a drink and only 5 min walk from the ground.

Would make sure you are on the road by 4-30 if leaving Blackpool though so you can get past MCR etc ahead of the rush hour and probably just miss the Brum rush hour/day wink.gif

Flopsy, how much is the metro service from Snow Hill to the wba ground? Do you get a discount from a young persons card by any chance?

You can get a train just as easy it costs £1.50 for a return. It takes about 5 or 6 mins and is pretty regular.

Cheers mate nice 1. Just a thought, but isnt pay on the gate going to be a bit risky? After all this is a huge game for them, they must win and the home ends im sure will sell out. Therefore, wont some wba fans try and infiltrate the 'on the gate' Rovers allocation? Those brummy accents can easily be explained away, and colors hidden ohmy.gif

and Jim I like the baggies too, dont know why but I do

So do I. It's probably that they've never been a threat to anybody. smile.gif

I like them as well. smile.gif

Spent a lot of my youth watching the Baggies in the late 60's when my father worked in the Midlands.

At the time den they were a threat, and even in the 70's.

They had some great players then. And played some wonderfull attacking football with great wingers. Chippy Clark, Willie Johnson, Laurie Cunningham.

The Baggies went 3-0 up in the first half. We pulled it back to 3-2. I think one of Garner's first goals for us was our second. 18,000 gate and a lot of Rovers supporters there.

"oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

...f.... o... West Brom"

Remember that one?

Like other posters on this web site, I used to go to watch the Baggies in the late '70s when I could. They were a marvelously entertaining side who could destroy any opposition on their day. Sadly, WBA never had the motivation to hit the heights they should have.

Junky Johnson was one of the best wingers I have ever seen.

Glad you are not the manager.

Where the hell is pedz?

Flitcroft and Tugay, you're crazy.

Is this the same "pedz" who hasn't managed to link up play up front positively in his last three outings?

v. Arsenal - nothing

v. Palace - OK scored a goal that was laid on a plate (but that he almost contrived to miss) and not much else.

v. City - nothing bar long throws and the odd easily gathered corner.

This guy's hardly prolific ability to score goals is his only saving grace.

I myself will be somewhat dissappointed if Pedersen is still an automatic first choice next season.

Tugay - still the best passer of a ball in the side, can't understand why he didn't get on against City.

Flitcroft - better defensive midfielder than Savage (perhaps not better than Reid, who has improved immensely since treading on the ball against the Turkish no-marks)

Edited by OnePost

Where the hell is pedz?

Is this the same "pedz" who hasn't managed to link up play up front positively in his last three outings?

v. Arsenal - nothing

v. Palace - OK scored a goal that was laid on a plate (but that he almost contrived to miss) and not much else.

I myself will be somewhat dissappointed if Pedersen is still an automatic first choice next season.

Tugay - still the best passer of a ball in the side, can't understand why he didn't get on against City.

Flitcroft - better defensive midfielder than Savage (perhaps not better than Reid, who has improved immensely since treading on the ball against the Turkish no-marks)

You should have stuck by your name.

Where the hell is pedz?

v. Arsenal - nothing

How's that then ?

How's that then ?

Tugay: Best passer yes, but he's still got that invisible friend coming on a bit too often..

Flitcroft: He'll do the job, but Savage runs more, tackles more and is more creative. Yes, he can come a bit over the top sometimes, but he's still a far better player than Flitty. At least alongside Mokoena, who's taken the Flitty-role now..

Plus, the fact that Pedersen has scored a lot of important goals for us, laid on a platter my arse. The get-into-scoring-positions-quality is more important than most people acknowledge it seems..

Perhaps a bit harsh to tell you to stick to your name, but I do see Brownie's point..

Edited by herbergeehh

Where the hell is pedz?

v. Arsenal - nothing

Thanks for your measured and considered counter argument.

I am assuming that your moniker is redolent of the pungent steaming stuff that you post on here.

Savage - for "Sometimes over the top" read liability and getting older and slower by the game.

Pedersen - for "get-into-scoring-positions-quality", what happened against Arsenal and City then ? West Brom have a fairly leaky defence, would it be fair to expect that this is a good opportunity for him to score another important goal, and which of our goals this season haven't been important ? We're on -8 GD.

Mokoena was never mentioned in the post that was originally referred to. That poster was suggesting that some players could be rested.

I happen to agree that Pedersen too should be rested because his contribution over the last few games hasn't been much to shout about.

Brownie, any chance of a reasoned reply you smartarse.

although i must say the baggies need all 3 points more then we need it, however that doesn't support the predictions that a lost would be commited.

Also i feel Stead would by hook or by crook grab a goal out of this match. HE IS DESPERATE!!!!! you can see it from his face hahaha laugh.gif

It will be a tight match............... but i'll stay with my prediction of a 2-0 win over the baggies laugh.gif

Stead and Emo to score

rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.