BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Baggies 1 - 1 Rovers

whilst our defensive record in the last few games is magnificent. Now that we are safe even the players have to be a bit bored now. The only thing left is for us to try and win a couple of games and finish in the top-half of the season. Therefore I think we might have a bit of a goal-fest on our hands tonight.

My prediction Rovers 3 (Stead 2, MGP 1) Baggies 2 (Matteo own-goals)

By the way if anyone has a copy of the Programme from the Crystal Palace game, I was the fan interview in it - how did it turn out? My copies in the post...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confident that we can win this one. Our defence has been superb and it will need to be, because WBA have been creating a lot of chances, but just not taking them. Against Middlesborough, WBA could have had three goals, before Middlesborough even scored. Stead deserves a goal for all the work that he has been doing up front and he has been so unlucky. He and Pedersen will score in a 2-0 victory.

Also i feel Stead would by hook or by crook grab a goal out of this match. HE IS DESPERATE!!!!! you can see it from his face hahaha laugh.gif

But therein is the problem - the service to the poor lad had not be good and him working his socks off up front only gets him limited opportunities.

Stead is not the type of player to work the front role on his own -well at least not yet - but he is better than Dickov.

After seeing the highlights of their match at Boro , as already mentioned they where playing pretty well and only collapsed once they conceeded - now knowing they have to win and our fear and inability of scoring goals it looks to me we might be in for a bit of pressure.

0 v 0 or 1 -0 to the Throstles if we play (or not play to be more exact) anything like we did on Saturday

Onepost

Tugay WAS the best passer of the ball by far at Rovers however this season he has consistently given the ball away, consistently passed the ball to the 12th man and invisible player and generally been the most inconsistent player in Blue and White.

He is not the Tugay of old and will NOT be at Ewood next season for the reasons stated above added to the fact tht he is TOO old and PAST it tinykit.gif

Hard to say what way this one's going to go ... although i don't think there's any reson to believe the baggies will score any more than one goal against our defence...

Sky have went for a 2 - 0 win for the baggies

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=272619

I'm being positive and going for a 1 - 0 win for us ... Steven Reid on the scoresheet, with another good yet goalless performance from Steadinho (who I think may bust into tears after the next great save or intervention from the woodwork thwarting him!!)

Meanwhile, Bryan Robson has hinted he may drop the jaded Gera ... mind games me thinks!!

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/birmin...-name_page.html

C'mon Rovers tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Why the downer on Pedersen ?

He is no Damien Duff - but lets be honest we couldn't afford a player of Damians quality.

Pedersen provides good quality delivery, a goal threat that exceeds most of our forwards, and balance on the left side of midfield. He is also a threat from free-kicks, has a reasonable work ethic and is an excellent header of the ball.

When you look at his general play - I would agree that he has a lot to learn. But in key areas he always seems to play a match winning role. Lets not forget that many of his goals have been match winning ones - and ultimately all the brilliant football in the world is worth nothing if there is no end product.

Just remember that without Pedersen's goals we would not have qualified for the FA Cup Semi Final, and would probably still be in relegation trouble.

Oh - yes, Stead and Pedersen to score in a two - one win wink.gif

Are they definately letting away fans pay at the turnstilles? If so my mate wants to come. More the merrier

Do what I did, ring the ticket office, ask “Will tickets be available on the gate at the West Brom Game on Tuesday?”

Ticket office Lady, “yes”

“They are? Brilliant. Thankyou”

so ring the ticket office just to check if I were you.

Well can't wait for this game now, its going to be class to see us smash apart the west side brummies.

Not sharing the same confidence. I think we could sneak it 1-0, but West Brom are fighting for their lives. They won't miss a second ball or pull out of any tackle. It's going to take a gigantic effort to come away from this one with three points.

Plus they have 2 or three players who will cause us a lot of trouble. No way did they deserve to lose 4-0 on Saturday, to be honest it’s a game they should have won. The good news is that they HAVE to attack us so we can hit them on the break – if we bring our shooting boots (which is unlikely) Im going for a 2-1 win to the baggies.

Anyone fancy going from Leyland ?

If not I will have to settle for the radio coverage whiulst staying in with the dog dry.gif

Not to mention the wife and kids rolleyes.gif

1864 Roverite-

the game is being shown on one of those foreign channels tonight, so surely there is a pub near you which will have it on- there are loads in Blackburn, and i have heard it will be on at places like the Knowles arms.

wish i was going though, but will have to settle for this one on tele! its better than the radio- cant stand that, always sounds like we are getting hammered! smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.