BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the better for a decent pub crawl.  Bit of an earlier start than anticipated.  What's up lad, get tired quick?  It's only a stroll.

330820[/snapback]

On the contrary Wily, will eat into drinking time.

Meeting some friends in Lancaster for lunch (liquid naturally). They are Morecambe ST holders so a few beerss with them, bus to Morecambe, to pub at the end of the road, 5 min walk to the ground. Then prob a night out in Preston to follow.

Im glad football is (nearly) back. biggrin.gif

As an ex Lancasterian (who went to school in Morecambe) I've promissed two groups of folks I'd guide them to various hostelries at the weekend. So here's my plan.

The plan (as much as there is one) is to meet in Oscars Bar on Vicoria Street (The Smurf used to manage it) which isn't far from Morcambe train station, then take in a few bars towards Queens street, head down Lancaster Road to the York Bridge (the traditional pre-match haunt of most Morecambe fans, you can quite often find both of them in there smile.gif) and futher download Lancaster Road to Christie Park.

Post-game it's head for Lancaster becuase Morecambe's nighlife has gone considerably downhill since I moved (I'm sure the two are not unrelated).

If you want to come and find us, just drop me a PM.

just wanted to know if any of the members on here were coming down to sunny wales?

the atmosphere should be well good, new stadium looks good, just a bit white thats all and the build up to the game should be a right laugh because there are some well nice bars on the way to the ground smile.gif

it says it will be a behind-closed-doors friendly on monday...maybe a new player who are secret? thumbs-up.gif

331415[/snapback]

it says that the match has been cancelled and a match against dundee will be played on the monday behind closed doors! blink.gif

it says that the match has been cancelled and a match against dundee will be played on the monday behind closed doors!  blink.gif

331424[/snapback]

Thought I'd be the 1st one to say - this proves we've signed Benni! biggrin.gif

Thought I'd be the 1st one to say - this proves we've signed Benni!  biggrin.gif

331460[/snapback]

Benni plays for our reserves huh.gif

I think your reading alot in this thumbs-up.gif

i'd say it proves we don't want to play Cercle Brugee and want to play dundee!

Does anyone know the ticket prices for the morecambe game? hope there about £3 like the reserve game. Is Bellamy defo playing? i Only live bout 200m away from the ground. Morecambes pitch is in fantastic condition, better than many prem pitches, so should allow a nice passing match if anone is interested. Also Morecambe up their game for big teams, they were fantastic against hull when i saw them last season and also cambridge n ipswich years ago. So expect a decent game whoever si going. And as someone was asking, The Dog and partridge is a decent pub in bare bout a mile away from the ground, also there is a decent pub in the ground itslef. On a side note for whoever is interested, morecambe got voted as doing the best pies in england afew years ago haha. Cant beat a football pie. Should be a good day, and mabye see the new home kit.

According to the Morecambe official site tickets for preseason friendlies are all a fiver.

CLICKY HERE

Perhaps they see a chance to rip off Blackburn fans ?

331866[/snapback]

LOOK AT THE DATE.

Pre Season Friendly Prices 2004/2005

Adult: £5

Concession: £3 Over 65's, students with a NUS card, disabled

Children: £3 Over 5's and under 16's

And as someone was asking, The Dog and partridge is a decent pub in bare bout a mile away from the ground, also there is a decent pub in the ground itslef.

331853[/snapback]

I used to spend a lot of time in the D&P around 13Yrs ago, great little pub but (well, certainly used to be) Manc orientated. However, I'd put it at over a mile away (I was under the impression South Road alone was 1 mile) and lacking other pubs on the way (other than the York Hotel). I had however forgotten about the bar in the ground. Feel free to join us on our little jaunt from Oscars if you want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.