BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

Pay at the gate eh...this should be fun as the Umbro end only holds about 1,500!!

Is the ground far from the prom anyone?........................

331905[/snapback]

The umbro end?

1500?

Bloody hell that would be packed!!

Fortunately it isnt segregated.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay at the gate eh...this should be fun as the Umbro end only holds about 1,500!!

user posted image

Is the ground far from the prom anyone?........................

331905[/snapback]

About 2 miles (with a good number of drinking establishments along the way).

If you're going by train then Bare Lane Station is close than the prom (and not far from the above mentioned dog and partridge pub)..

MAP

The ground is not far from the prom at all. If you walk towards the street broadway you can more or less see the sea. There are loads of bars on the prom but some are getting abit run down. Think morecambes ground holds around 4-5,000 so there should be plenty of room for a friendly. A morecambe player to look out for is Micheal Twiss, used to be at man u. A cut above the conference. Haha oh yeah if anyone is interested the crazy guy who runs christie park stores has fitted a beer pump to his newsagents, right next to the ground. Haha imagine 1000 rovers fans going in and asking for a pint.

http://www.morecambefc.com/newsarticle.php...t_from=&ucat=1&

confirms the ticket prices. £8 for adults, £4 for other. As a student with an NUS do i classify as others? I should know but cant be bothered walking to the ground to look.

Edited by benhben

The ground is not far from the prom at all. If you walk towards the street broadway you can more or less see the sea. There are loads of bars on the prom but some are getting abit run down.

OK, the prom @ broadway is only a mile or so away, but all the pubs are in central Morecambe which is nearer 2

tongue.gif

anyone know how far Morecambe's ground is from the train station?

332103[/snapback]

Bare Lane is 0.6 of a mile acording to multimap (athough I think it's nearer a mile), Morecambe Central (prom near the pubs) is around 2.

Reading those 2 articles this morning has actually set my weekend up! I cant remember the last time ive felt so happy and optimistic before a season. Hughes is saying exactly the right things and i dont see any reason why the team cant match his ambitions.

Might be! strange to have 4 forwards in there though! unless taylor is playing as a LM?

Friedel
Taylor  Todd   Nelsen Matteo
Johnson Tugay Flitcroft  Gallagher 
          Dickov  Bellamy

Friedel
   Todd   Nelsen Matteo
Johnson Tugay  Flitcroft  Taylor
             Gallagher
     Dickov      Bellers   

Edited by modes98

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.