BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham V Rovers

After all the recent effort Rovers are allowed and can be forgiven for having a bad day at the office.

noone is to blame, they have obviously worked their ###### off over recent months and today was the day it finally caught up with them tinykit.gif

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game, and Im really gutted. Not only was the performance pretty poor, the Birmingham fans have just bolstered my dislike for that football club.

Birmingham started the brightest, and my heart sank when Pandiani, whom appeared a class above the rest hit the inside of the post which went for a goalkick. Reminisant of Steads.

We then threatened, and poor defending led to a Rovers goal, when Jon Stead headed from close range.

It was then a game of two halves however, I feel the point of the game that basically would have made or broke Rovers was when Stead missed a simple, one on one chance that he put over the bar.

I am still incensed by his poor finishing, and it pretty much epitomised that a few members have stated on other threads, however, thats for the other threads. The only saving grace is that my uncle who was also at the game said he had been tripped and lost balance, I guess Ill have to see it again.

Second half was all Birmingham, and they deservedly took the lead with Blake scoring a good goal with crisp passing mixed with poor marking and picking up runners. Their second goal was a good turn and hit on the outside of the box, which in all fairness, Brad should have saved.

We couldnt string any sort of passing rythem together and our creativity amounted to absolutely nothing. Poor substitutions whom never performed didnt help much too.

A draw would have been a fair result but I guess they may have edged it. Still think Steads miss was the crucial factor in the game. Going in 2-0 at half time would have been massive.

Well. Maybe that'll teach our very stupid fans NOT to bait the opposition. No sooner had they given absolute S*IT to Robbie Blake (because he once played for Burnley for god's sake- who cares?) than he scored. The look on his face as he walked slowly past our fans to celebrate said it all.

Then just to make doubly sure- the same morons started singing "If Heskey plays for England so can I". Guess what happens again.

Rules for fans:

1. Don't bait the opposition with "easy, easy" at 1-0. We'll live to regret it.

2. Don't bait individual opposition players- they won't like it and we'll live to regret it.

3. Don't gloat that WE'VE got a player (who's not even in the stadium) who used to play for them. Especially when the wound is raw. That stirs them to shout their team on (or in the case of 1 moron- to try to jump over to try to attack us!!!) We'll live to regret it.

So until we're 3-0 up and there's only 5 minutes to go, be respectful and cheer our team on. THEN give them sh*t.

I don't think we played any worse today then we've played before. I don't think the substitutions were any worse. I just think it was a game too far.

LOVED the Souness song though. Apt, appropriate, witty.

Well.  Maybe that'll teach our very stupid fans NOT to bait the opposition.  No sooner had they given absolute S*IT to Robbie Blake (because he once played for Burnley for god's sake- who cares?) than he scored.  The look on his face as he walked slowly past our fans to celebrate said it all. 

Then just to make doubly sure- the same morons started singing "If Heskey plays for England so can I".  Guess what happens again.

Rules for fans:

1.  Don't bait the opposition with "easy, easy" at 1-0.  We'll live to regret it.

2.  Don't bait individual opposition players- they won't like it and we'll live to regret it.

3. Don't gloat that WE'VE got a player (who's not even in the stadium) who used to play for them.  Especially when the wound is raw.  That stirs them to shout their team on (or in the case of 1 moron- to try to jump over to try to attack us!!!)  We'll live to regret it.

S

Dont take yourself so bloody seriously. The result of the match didnt really matter that much, so whats wrong with having a bit of fun. We gave sh!t to Blake cos he is a Basterd and we did that 'easy' thing cos its funny tongue.gif . It was good to see b'ham fans doing it at the end, cos it shows that it made an impact and pi$$ed them off!

Edited by BRFC4EVA

We lost £500k today, and the potential for £1m more.

That's a player.

Still funny, huh?

Ps American

No- bloody awful. But as soon as I heart Sutty Bellamy and Didi were out I said to my friend Celtic'd lose. As I expect Celtic to next weekend when I'm there.

I expect this season to go to the wire. Always have.

Liam

You were in the minority.

Edited by Jan

We lost £500k today, and the potential for £1m more.

That's a player.

Still funny, huh?

We didnt loose sh1t today you muppet. We wouldnt have finished anywhere higher than 12th anyway and if we get 4 points from the last 2 we will prob get that place anyway. We've stayed up saving the club £20m and the Rovers fans went to support their club. Nowt wrong with that.

A win today would have given the potential to come 9th. That's £1.5m more. Now the best we can do is 11th. I know you don't care about your club's finances and therefore its future, but I do.

Also, fair enough go and support your club- that means just that- not antagonising the opposition or their fans. (Do you even understand the difference?)

A win today would have given the potential to come 9th. That's £1.5m more. Now the best we can do is 11th. I know you don't care about your club's finances and therefore its future, but I do.

Also, fair enough go and support your club- that means just that- not antagonising the opposition or their fans. (Do you even understand the difference?)

Of course i care about the future of the club, so be so patronizing. In reality Jan, we are not gonna finish in 9th place 11th is far more realistic. I cant see the problem in winding the away fans it harly motivates their players on the pitch. You take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

And yes there is a difference, but what is wrong with having some banter with the oppostion fans whilst backing our team as well?

So you're saying that you didn't wind up Robbie Blake today? That he didn't hear and respond? Not even a blind, deaf, drunk person could have failed to notice that he was clearly saying "fu*k you" in gesture if not in word at our fans for what they'd just been singing when he scored. (and I'm one of the many that don't care a toss if he's played for Burnley. He's a Birmingham player now and they're who we were playing - although I'd have forgiven a neutral for being confused as a number of our fans seemed to be singing about Burnley quite a bit)

However I do think 9th was probably unrealistic, and let's face it, anything better than 18th is a bonus given the start of our season. would just have been nice to have been able to afford that one extra player, that's all.........

Edited by Jan

So you're saying that you didn't wind up Robbie Blake today?  That he didn't hear and respond?  Not even a blind, deaf, drunk person could have failed to notice that he was clearly saying "clumsy, hit shift + 8 again!! you" in gesture if not in word at our fans for what they'd just been singing when he scored. (and I'm one of the many that don't care a toss if he's played for Burnley.  He's a Birmingham player now and they're who we were playing  - although I'd have forgiven a neutral for being confused as a number of our fans seemed to be singing about Burnley quite a bit)

However I do think 9th was probably unrealistic, and let's face it, anything better than 18th is a bonus given the start of our season.  would just have been nice to have been able to afford that one extra player, that's all.........

Yeh i guess, good point about Blake, i was more thinking about the 'easy' thingy. But surley he would have been pretty motivated anway being an ex-claret. He was always gonna get abused, fact of life. To turn it around Jan, are you saying that ex Rangers wouldnt get slagged off playing against celtic for another spl team?

I want us to finish as high as possible, just like you, but i reckon we will get 3 from fulham and 1 from spurs giving us around 11th? i wonder what the board budgeted for if they have already dont the accounts?

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Well. Maybe that'll teach our very stupid fans NOT to bait the opposition. No sooner had they given absolute S*IT to Robbie Blake (because he once played for Burnley for god's sake- who cares?) than he scored. The look on his face as he walked slowly past our fans to celebrate said it all.

Then just to make doubly sure- the same morons started singing "If Heskey plays for England so can I". Guess what happens again.

Rules for fans:

1. Don't bait the opposition with "easy, easy" at 1-0. We'll live to regret it.

2. Don't bait individual opposition players- they won't like it and we'll live to regret it.

3. Don't gloat that WE'VE got a player (who's not even in the stadium) who used to play for them. Especially when the wound is raw. That stirs them to shout their team on (or in the case of 1 moron- to try to jump over to try to attack us!!!) We'll live to regret it.

what a load of rubbish

As Homer Simpson would say, "you're living a land of make-believe."

Nor does singing about Burnley but that seems to be on your list of not likes.

By your logic when we next play Newcastle we wouldn't be able to give any stick to Souness or his team because that would stir them on - Agreed?

I was disappointed with the result today, because I have grown to really dislike Birmingham and a win against them would have been great. But it sounds like they were the better side, so fair enough. At least Stead and that should do his confidence some good, but if he had scored with that one-on-one with Taylor, it would have been even better.

Very very disappointed. It just seemed like this was the game we ran out of steam. We were outclassed and can have no complaints with the result. I thought Pennant had a great game, and the difference between their strikers and ours was obvious for all to see.

Jan, I don't expect you to give any stick to players who used to play for Rangers. I mean, who cares, right?

2 points from the last 9 is just not good enough.

For what? Although the extra cash from finishing higher up the table would certainly come in handy, we fell over the finishing line for this season three games ago so the sooner we can put it to bed and look forward to a more fruitful campaign next season the better.

jan so our fans are morons and stupid are they???for giving ###### to the stump and the ex dingle???

HOW IN SOEYSNEESS AND AMONESSES NAME IS IT DIFFERENT IN WHAT SHUITE YOU SPROUT ON HERE DAY IN DAY OUT ABOUT THE JOCK 2 ??

TALK ABOUT A KETTLE AND PAN AND SOOTY ARSE!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.