BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Future

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ability to add your own avatar and maybe even to alter an existing one to make it unique for yourself would be good.

If there was a preview option then that would help us. We won't know for sure until we go live.

Biddy mentions a filter.. well its supposedly already got one, but it wont resize the avatars. We can certainly limit the actual size in bytes though which might help

New feature...

How about after each game having a poll for people to vote for man of the match? Start up a league and whoever has the most moms at the end of the season could get a supporters award?

Just to add to this point.

Why not have a mod to give a rating out of 10 for each player after each league game. It would be like that feature they have on championship manager. And whoever has the highest average rating, wins player of the season.

But obviously its all to do with a mods opinion on a players performce for each game.

Edited by greggyk

Biddy mentions a filter.. well its supposedly already got one, but it wont resize the avatars. We can certainly limit the actual size in bytes though which might help

or create a script to run from cron every night which picks up the new graphics from that day and runs convert (free ImageMagick tool). Free simple and quick.

Biddy mentions a filter.. well its supposedly already got one, but it wont resize the avatars.  We can certainly limit the actual size in bytes though which might help

or create a script to run from cron every night which picks up the new graphics from that day and runs convert (free ImageMagick tool). Free simple and quick.

Mr Biddy Sir, I like the cut of your jib.

The only downside to your plan is that such things normally come down to me, and I'm a bad mix of busy, lazy and forgetful smile.gif

Which reminds me, I have a chat server to finish !

Good call Claire! I'll 2nd that

mad.gif Claire?! Its C L A R E - its even written on my avatar for your convenience withstupid.gif

But that brings onto another point. A bit ago someone asked about the feasibility of having something that can make sure that players names are spelt correctly. It doesn't really bother me - Friedel/Friedal/Freidel - I can fathom out who its menna be smile.gif but it does seem to irritate some people greatly! Maybe a modification of the swear filter or something might work.

Just wait till i see you on saturday! Your dead C-L-A-R-E!

This might be an apt time to ask how are the site finances holding up?

At this moment I would say we are not in any immediate danger as our host is very amicable and knows exactly what is going on.

They were very understanding when our traffic shot up by a factor of 100 after Souness left. IF that was any of our previous hosts we would have been shut down immediately and left to attempt to recover the entire lot from nothing.

However I cannot be sure of finances, as Paul handles all the cashflow side of things and lets me and Glenn get on with breaking the messageboard.

Everything we spend goes on improving the site - Licensing the messageboard gives us free upgrades by their technicians, Fixtures cost money.

Ideally we would like to make this site self financing and never rely on donations, however this quarter we got less than 20 quid from Amazon affiliates.. if everybody who used this site clicked the affiliate link, then this would be a good start to making things self financing.

If anybody spots any other good affiliate links we can use, then feel free to point it out. Perhaps we should also should shout more about this, maybe by editing posts in the music forum to point directly to say the albums mentioned etc.

Perhaps we should also should shout more about this, maybe by editing posts in the music forum to point directly to say the albums mentioned etc.

Thats a really good idea. Perhaps people could do this on the "Holiday reads" thread and the movie threads that often pop up. If you're going to recommend something, link it!

This might be an apt time to ask how are the site finances holding up?

Which also might be an apt time to remind people how to donate a couple of quid a month to keep this thang going.

Lots of donors + little donations = happiness.

Might I suggest getting rid of the smilies biggrin.gif ??

Though I have used them once of twice in the past huh.gif , they are usually used by the lazy rolleyes.gif and the stupid withstupid.gif as a substitute for words ph34r.gif .

Edited by jim mk2

Following this weekends happenings, we've had a rethink on the upgrade plan, and we are going to start it ASAP.

There are a few things needing fixing that we would have to fix again upon getting the new board.

We MAY be offline again for a while.

The upgrade should happen anytime over the next couple of days now

Then theres the skinning and enabling new features to follow.

Id prefer you not to talk about 'skinning up' on a family messageboard ohmy.gif

Might I suggest getting rid of the smilies biggrin.gif ??

Though it also sometimes allows quotes that may have been offensive to be given a more light-hearted feel to them. smile.gif

Plus, as there is a limit on their use anyway it's not like anyone can really go crazy with them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.