BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Future

Very smart new look - well done!

Unfortunately the board rejected me when I tried to post this message and I had to log in again!

One suggestion re navigation - would it be possible to go direct between the MB and ICBNF without having to go up one step to the menu to move across?

Edited by philipl

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the drop-down at the bottom of the page Phillip

Aah I see Ste beat me to it.

BTW, surely I should be member number 1?? wink.gif

Edited by Lee

How were the member numbers worked out?

They dont seem to follow the date registered.

316816[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that it's just a member number based on when you joined. For example, you were the 307th member of the board, so you have number 307.

How were the member numbers worked out?

They dont seem to follow the date registered.

316816[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that it's just a member number based on when you joined. For example, you were the 307th member of the board, so you have number 307.

316821[/snapback]

I think he means that there are people who joined later than others with earlier member numbers.

I understand that, possible error, or perhaps he misread. I seem to recall we used to have them but then with the version of the mb before this they were gotten rid of along with date joined, but I am glad to see them back, jsut another piece of information for the stato's.

I understand that, possible error, or perhaps he misread. I seem to recall we used to have them but then with the version of the mb before this they were gotten rid of along with date joined, but I am glad to see them back, jsut another piece of information for the stato's.

316841[/snapback]

Most of them do seem to follow the date joined, i just noticed that some of them dont. Obviously it doesn't bother me, it just puzzled me. huh.gifblink.gif

Great new look. Well done.

By the way, why do only some avtars appear on my screen and some of the clickable smilies are missing on the enter post page?

316787[/snapback]

Missing avatars and smilies need uploading again

I'm not happy at all with the look atm.. skinning up is in progress.

theres a few strange things like quoting messages that will take getting used to.. ie clicking quote and then reply (unless we can sort that)

Missing avatars and smilies need uploading again

I'm not happy at all with the look atm.. skinning up is in progress.

theres a few strange things like quoting messages that will take getting used to.. ie clicking quote and then reply (unless we can sort that)

316877[/snapback]

There's 2 quote buttons. If you click the far right one, it takes you straight to the reply screen with the quote already in the text box. If you press the other one, then you have to click reply after it.

edit:

Ohh, I get it now. If you use the other quote button, you can click it on more than one post, and it quotes all of them in your reply. Thats pretty clever actually.

Edited by cn174

edit:

Ohh, I get it now. If you use the other quote button, you can click it on more than one post, and it quotes all of them in your reply. Thats pretty clever actually.

316883[/snapback]

Ah.. I see.. the button on the right saying reply is actually reply with quote.. the reply to topic button is at the bottom of each page. One to change slightly perhaps.

I post at another board that has this version of the board, and they set avatars to a standard size and were all Bond related (a Bond site for the thick among us), and sigs were disabled. It gave for a much cleaner, easier to read look, and I prefer it. No doubt being one of the offenders myself, sigs just get in the way and who really reads them? They serve no purpose other than that every otehr board has them.

I post at another board that has this version of the board, and they set avatars to a standard size and were all Bond related (a Bond site for the thick among us), and sigs were disabled. It gave for a much cleaner, easier to read look, and I prefer it. No doubt being one of the offenders myself, sigs just get in the way and who really reads them? They serve no purpose other than that every otehr board has them.

316933[/snapback]

You can turn sigs off if you like, well you could on the old board so I'm sure you can on this one too.

One small request - if possible could this line from the top:

> BRFCS Forums > Chat Forums > The Messageboard

also go at the bottom like it used to do. I know its lazy, not scrolling up to the top its just habit clicking on it at the bottom.

edit:

316883[/snapback]

Ah.. I see.. the button on the right saying reply is actually reply with quote.. the reply to topic button is at the bottom of each page. One to change slightly perhaps.

316884[/snapback]

Very nifty smile.gif

316933[/snapback]

You can turn sigs off if you like, well you could on the old board so I'm sure you can on this one too.

One small request - if possible could this line from the top:

> BRFCS Forums > Chat Forums > The Messageboard

also go at the bottom like it used to do. I know its lazy, not scrolling up to the top its just habit clicking on it at the bottom.

316952[/snapback]

You just have to click go/ok next to the dropdown at the bottom. Takes at little getting used to I guess.

Not sure I am sold on the looks, bit business like but it takes me a while to get used to things. I like the fast reply button. Perfect for those of us who have limited time for posting.

Hey, I just noticed, what does the warn thingy mean. Mine says warn 0%, I don't see it on anyone elses.

Edited by USABlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.