BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs 0 - 0 Rovers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope hughesy will have the boys fired up, with birmingham playign arsenal and newcastle against chelsea, this is a real chance for us to finish 12th.

2-0 rovers dry.gif

come on!

Totally agree there Emerton, 12th at the moment, is important and more-so with Newcastle and Birmingham looking to steal the same place..

C'MON ROVERS tinykit.gif

TOTTENHAM: Cerny, Kelly, Naybet, King, Edman, Davies, Davis, Carrick, Reid, Keane, Kanoute. Subs: Bunjevcevic, Riegler, Defoe, Fulop, Marney.

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill, Todd, Nelsen, McEveley, Emerton, Thompson, Mokoena, Savage, Pedersen, Stead. Subs: Enckelman, Tugay, Johansson, Douglas, Johnson.

Edited by Lathund

Team:

Friedel, Neill, Todd, Nelsen, McEveley, Emerton, Thompson, Mokoena, Savage, Pedersen, Stead

McEveley is a surprise inclusion - returned from Gillingham last week.

Thompson in for Reid who's injured.

Friedel, Neill, Nelsen, Todd, McEvely, Emerton, Thompson, Mokoena, Savage, Pedersen, Stead

Subs: Encklemen, Johansson, Tugay, Douglas & Johnson

Interesting to see the gillingham boys back in the squad!

Good news that McEveley is back in, I thought he was very unlucky to be dropped and frozen out considering other defenders weren't making less mistakes than him. If he can put in a good performance today then he could save us a bit in the transfer market, I wouldn't want Matteo lining up on the left next season.

Suprised that Thommo came into the centre instead of Tugay but if he can find his form then it will be a good move. Not sure what all the fuss over Douglas is about, he probably won't figure in the game.

Still feel like we're going to get beat though. sad.gif

douglas ?

wtf is that all about ?

cant hack it at gillingham what chance at Spurs ?

ruined my day already dry.gif

he was there on loan, who says he couldnt hack it.

hes on the bench anyway.

are you trying to take over from jim biggrin.gif

He did hack it - to an extent because he was a fixture in their team. However, he did not impress as much as McEveley from what I read.

He may well deserve his place on the bench but he is yet another defensively minded midfielder.

Knock on wood, but it appears (at least based on the stats that I'm looking at) that we're playing them very even. 56% of possession, 6 shots on goal compared to their 5.

Would love to get an unexpected result here to set the tone for next season.

McEverley still onlt 19 years old.........I cannnot belive it

ooops

McEverley still only 19 years old.........I cannnot belive it

sun - pub lunch - beer - now lighting a bar-b-q and Rovers commentary just dont mix

Really didn't care to be honest with you. Seems as if after we secured safety we've just eased off it and that has been reflected in the last three results. Had we won all three, or at least two of them, we would have moved up several places, but as we didn't doesn't really matter.

True the extra prize money would be nice, but realistically I think if we have targets outlined and the board are going to back Hughes then an extra 500k shouldn't really make much difference, if you see what I mean.

I think most of us have been thinking about next season for the past few weeks, possibly since the semi-final. The only real shame is that we are fighting to get as many bums on seats next season as we possibly can and this is the message that we leave the fans with.

Hughes and the players deserve some praise for their performance in the second half of the season. If we play like we did for the last few months and add a few new faces to improve the quality, especially going forward, we could look forward to a very nice season next year.

C'mon Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.